Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

This is 100% true.

They hid dead bodies and also pressurised hospitals to lie about oxygen shortage and lack of beds and death counts.

Spread communalism too.

I am effing glad Anubhav Sinha had the balls to make this film and that too so soon. Danke ki chot pe.

Wah.

I love his body of work of late. And I hope someday he makes films on JNU, AMU, farmer protests, Hathras case and other excesses of this scummy govt too. Bring it on.

I bet RW will try to stop release of this film or declare Sinha deshdrohi. 

I remember my hospital here in the States receiving several weekly emails requesting donations for oxygen tanks in India. Was there no true shortage then? Why did they lie about that? I didn’t follow the whole thing too closely but it sounded really serious. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

This was heart breaking when I saw this in the news...became a highlight of the plight of the migrant workers...💔

Video of an exhausted child asleep on suitcase leaves netizens heartbroken  | Trending News,The Indian Express

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PRERISH007

I don’t get what they are exactly showing, can someone explain? 

What happened during the lock down during covid and the aftermath..

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I remember my hospital here in the States receiving several weekly emails requesting donations for oxygen tanks in India. Was there no true shortage then? Why did they lie about that? I didn’t follow the whole thing too closely but it sounded really serious. 

I remember retweeting so many requests for oxygen cylinders ......every little thing at that time helped.......twitter used to be full of stories and videos of what people were going through....it was like it would never end...😒

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

I do hope other countries also make movies about how some of the pandemic disasters and atrocities were swept under the rug. Here in the US, Andrew disgraced Cuomo was responsible for hundreds of nursing home deaths in NY but no one questioned him. Instead, he was lauded as a hero during the height of the pandemic. It was only when he got MeTooed that he fell out of general public’s favor. To this day, major news channels don’t cover the nursing home deaths. I would like to see a documentary on this, also. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Covid became a kind of euthanasia tool...

If I'm not mistaken, till date, the government hasn't given a report about the (aprox.) number of deaths during the pandemic, neither have they given a report about the use of the 'Modi-Fond'.

The opposition has asked more than once.

I suppose there won't be information about both of it.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

A very stellar cast and a powerful trailer. I had completely missed the trailer being taken down and then going back up again. Did they edit it a lot? 

This movie depicts a harsh but true reality. I think shows like unpaused have tried to address individual struggles, but nothing at a larger scale like this. For the poorest and most underprivileged people across the globe, the COVID pandemic was devastating. People lost their livelihoods overnight, and some have not yet recovered. 

A distant relative of our family died during the oxygen tank shortage. He was elderly and couldn't survive without a tank. Arranging for the burial was another nightmare. The grieving widow and family were jerked around and extorted at every level. 

And every country had issues. Nursing home deaths and outbreaks in elder care facilities were prolific even in nations with better medical infrastructure. Some of it was negligence and lack of resources. The elderly were wiped out at a horrific rate. 

Of course, movies like this have an agenda - to draw attention to and critique the establishment and its failures. I think they are necessary. We need to collectively learn from our mistakes and do better the next time around. 

I don't think the movie will do well though. It's the kind everyone will watch and wants to watch, but its not one people are willing to pay for movie seats. 

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

The trailer is very depressing and feeling more sad as this really happened😭

Palak2812 thumbnail

This story needs to be told 

Labourers, Migrant workers were the ones who suffered and got affected the most during that time. 

It was bad for them, hope they get a chance to put this story. 

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

There are talks on twitter about taking the trailer down from youtube...😳...I don't think this is ever going to release and Anubhav Sinha to gayo...lag jaayegi ED aur CBI sab uske peechhe...

Which innocent and clean person ke peeche thi ED and CBI?