Did twinkle khanna ruin it for akshay? - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

I say this as someone who finds Twinkle Khanna annoying and overbearing; No!  This is has nothing to do with her.  Twinkle was always outspoken and presented herself as very progressive and a feminist whose opinions didn’t always align with the BJP. She’s been like this for the past ten years or so at least.  Even during Akshay’s good run pre-pandemic.  That seemed to be their schtick vis a vie public images. He’s a traditionalist Modi supporter and she’s a left wing liberal. And it worked for them.  

The reason his movies are flopping can be a combination of many factors.  

-The pandemic has changed everyone’s willingness to spend money in theaters willy nilly.  His movies are primarily the type that can easily be watched on OTT.  

-He basically proved that he has no passion for his work or even for history when he bragged about finishing Prithviraj in 43 days. That movie’s marketing just couldn’t recover from that comment.  

-His lies about his Canadian citizenship really hurt him. He decided to lie and say it was an honorary thing. He kept lying until he ran out of options and then came up with the “I thought I would have to move there” 🙄. Doing what?  Acting in Canadian films?  

-His movies got repetitive and frequent. Theaters were over saturated with Akshay movies. It would be one thing to watch an actor’s new movie every few months if he had done something different every time. But he didn’t.  It was mostly the same social message or a patriotic message or both. People got bored of him.  

-And this may not be as pressing but the fact that his costars keep getting younger doesn’t help him either.  He’s starting to look like a creepy uncle since his age is catching up with him.  I mean the dude actually did a music video with Nupur Sanon. 

Originally posted by Breakinews

Because since rightwinhers are actually slow to process things happening around, it took them a while to understand good cop bad cop strategy the couples had been playing. And when they realized they must have distanced themselves from akshay. 

Or it could be that they never favored him to begin with. And all the talks of right wing support to him were pure lies😆

Either he had right wing support or he didn't have.

If you can attribute his success to them, why not his failures ?

If right wing didn't affect his career whatsoever despite his wife's bigotry, then I must say they are not as bigoted as everyone makes them out to be.

What's this supposed to mean?😆

Me flapping my wings to fly away from wing discussion 

Twinkle khanna is anything but liberal and progressive. Her constant attacks on one particular religion and culture has been a public record. She has been raised in the influence of her Christian grandmother. And for to constsntly attack other's religion comes from the brainwashing she must have had gone through in her household.

The reasons you have given don't make sense as for 

1 he has given suryavashi during pandemic

2 he was never passionate about his work. It's money that he has always cared for only

3 Canadian citizenship couldn't have affected as much when we have actors making 700cr despite their pro pak views

4. Pathan had nothing special going for it. We have had many of the better spy thrillers with more logical and pro India storyline which have done well and pathan was just one of the many. It was also kind of repitive. 

Wow!  My bad. I thought this was a genuine discussion.  But your bias and racism is dripping all over your post.  I want nothing to do with this.  

Unless Twinkie forced him to sign all those movies and forced him to give lackluster performances  she ain't the reason for his ruin, he is the reason 

Twinkle, don't hate yourself or blame yourself for your husband's dud movie choices! You are mrs. feminism of BW, yaar, don't go about making women look like panauti/gold diggers!

How are they doing any better than akshaykumar though?

Shahrukh khan has been giving duds for more than a decade. Even his pathan collections are questionable.

Same is the case with amir khan who has been giving secret superstars, TOH, and LSCs since lomg time. His last hit was dangal way back in 2016.

Salman khan has also failed with his last outing antim which barely opened to 4cr. Even before that he kept giving duds in race3, dabang3, bharat and radhe. His last hit was in 2017.

Akshay kumar's last hit was in 2021 atleast. So if akshaykumar can be written off, these guys should be too.

excuse me correction bharat was a hit. Radhe wasn’t released in theaters in india. Antim wasn’t his movie it was his brother in laws movie. And others were semi hits u mentioned. But bharat was hit TZH blockbuster not just a hit so correcting the verbage. Now regarding Akshay he makes so many movies hard to keep track others make less and he was only star releasing movies during the pandemic and the 1st one to release his movie in theaters and that too a well known franchise in Singham series. So comparing him to others is useless. 

Akshay does too many movies 

He’s do for some time off 

Bhadat was a flop Period.

Antim was touted to be a salman movie. It's only after the disastrous performance his PR fans started calling it a cameo.

Akshay has always generated more revenues than any of the khans by doing multiple movies in a year. That was gis strategy as he was never after makkng or breakkng records.And it was working just fine for him. 

About suryavasnshi, it was the darkest period and he dared to release it then and it worked. You can not just take the credit away from with such silly excuses 

bharat was declared a hit and grossed 202 cr at that time by Taran and others . Naturally things get adjusted Pathan will too. Anthem was a cameo/extended appearance it was never promoted as his movie that way Pathan is Salman Khans movie too !!