Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: you2

The music of the original film was just fabulous..I can't imagine Ranveer holding a sitar and singing classical songs..and high notes.It is a risky film.

High note?  Ranveer wouldn’t sing himself though. As for sitar and all that, he’s a very good actor and hard working. I’m sure he’ll work on the craft to get the feel and look for it right.  To me it’s all the make belief aspects of the plot that seems too risky.  

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

High note?  Ranveer wouldn’t sing himself though. As for sitar and all that, he’s a very good actor and hard working. I’m sure he’ll work on the craft to get the feel and look for it right.  To me it’s all the make belief aspects of the plot that seems too risky.  

it is not make believe per say, it is more metaphorical because ragaas in classical music are sung at specific times, to invoke and evoke certain emotions 

so a megh malhar raga when sung perfectly can result in rain 

or raag deepk can light a lamp etc 

it is to show that tansen was the best of singers as legends say that these phenomena happened when he sang 

which is why the music is very important for this and singing or it will look ridiculous

bhajan mann tadapat from baiju bawra  by mohd rafi is remembered today 

another example is meera movie which had music by ravishankar and singing by vani jairam

you need high calibre singing and music and current slb movies dont have that

i agree acting wise they will be ok, it is more the making which is the diffcult part

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: vcs17

it is not make believe per say, it is more metaphorical because ragaas in classical music are sung at specific times, to invoke and evoke certain emotions 

so a megh malhar raga when sung perfectly can result in rain 

or raag deepk can light a lamp etc 

it is to show that tansen was the best of singers as legends say that these phenomena happened when he sang 

which is why the music is very important for this and singing or it will look ridiculous

bhajan mann tadapat from baiju bawra  by mohd rafi is remembered today 

another example is meera movie which had music by ravishankar and singing by vani jairam

you need high calibre singing and music and current slb movies dont have that

i agree acting wise they will be ok, it is more the making which is the diffcult part

Very informative.  Thank you.  

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: you2

The music of the original film was just fabulous..I can't imagine Ranveer holding a sitar and singing classical songs..and high notes.It is a risky film.

Sitar nahi Tanpura 😆

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It will not work. Again a bad career move by him.

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Alia-Ranveer , are they competing with Ranbir-Deepika to become hottest pair?

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Alia is probably doing this as a favour. Ranveer-Deepika is a tired pairing and this won't get off the ground without either Alia or Deepika. 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

You have to open your mouth wide, contort your face(Today you can't get away like the stone faced Bharath Bhushan).He will have to take notes from stage performances of legendary classical singers.learn to play the tanpura..Well,RS owes him..and he will do it.I just wish it was another film.I don't think Ajay D will agree to do this role.He will have to do the kind of homework Ranveer does to prepare for a role.

Really don't want to see Akbar and his durbar.Why can't SLB make another HDDCS or even RL,which was set in contemporary times? Imagine Remaking Sangam? So much more exciting..or murder mysteries like Jewel thief,Theesri Manzil

Is tomorrow the official announcement?

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Why are Alia-Ranveer doing so many films together? I feel like I'm already tired of their pairing, just from the announcements.

Alia is just trying to fulfil her dream of doing more films with Bhansali than Deepika😆 

She said Bhansali promised her 4 films. Which might mean Bhansali will never work with Deepika again😆? Coz then each time Aloo with ask for one more film😆

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago
altgr thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lostsoul11

I am not angry with anyone. Plank of wood will look better instead of wooden Sanon. Let's take Sunny Leone instead 😇

Is this you? 😆

https://twitter.com/HaramiParindey/status/1628726266944962561?t=SrlVyxIjjDeaPkksCPB3Tw&s=19