Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: atominis

Good to see someone point it out. I do not like Ranbir or Ranveer or any new gen guy put in same lines, categories as Amitabh or Kaka or any Khan or even any Kumar or Devgan, Roshan. They are not there yet. They may have potential but they have a long way to go. 

Not entirely their fault. The earlier generation had time to cement their stardom before the advent of internet.

Everybody(including the newbies) is being an Aamir Khan and doing one film a year instead of working round the clock. Better for their health,sanity and family. But their stardom suffers.

Unless the previous generation is kicked out as per the audience demand or death, the next generation can't move up beyond a limit. The big tree casts a huge shadow and all the little trees growing in that shadow will be stunted as long as the  big tree is there.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail
Originally posted by: diasingh2

If it is necessary, then I would put Hrithik there.

The concept seems to be past present and future. Why would you put HR in the future category as someone who has the potential when he has already proved himself and represents the present superstars? It depends on the concept that they have in their minds, no? 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

The concept seems to be past present and future. Why would you put HR in the future category as someone who has the potential when he has already proved himself and represents the present superstars? It depends on the concept that they have in their minds, no? 

I think Ranveer works better than Hrithik or even Ranbir since he has same relationship with YRF, YC, and Adi as SRK/Amitabh. An thats what the documentary is about 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

I don't think Ranveer represents "the future" too. He is a good 'actor', but not a superstar.

Superstar era has ended with the Khans, at least in Bollywood.

And the last person who came close to that kind of stardom and acknowledgment is Hrithik.

atominis thumbnail

I am glad someone said it. I have never seen superstar like craze for any actor after Hrithik. Hrithik created mania with his debut itself.

All these Ranbirs, Ranveers, Kartiks blah blah lack that connect with masses and classes alike and that instant connection. 

atominis thumbnail

The title itself is offensive and reductive. It is not just an insult to Yash Chopra but also an insult to YRF as a banner which has produced diverse content like Mardaani series, Tiger series, Dhoom series and not just romantic content.

I have no idea why Chopras like to reduce YRF to a mere romantic label when it is way more than that.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

atominis, I want to watch it before commenting on this...😉

atominis thumbnail

I am sure content may be different but I object to such titles itself. I did not like tributes after death of Yash Chopra either when he was called king of romance. He is not just that. 

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Such an exciting trailer... my childhood 🥺 Challo, atleast something to look forward to on Valentine's day 🤣