Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Nabni_blr31

Guys, i have a question for you. It's a general question. But after watching Ehsan's behaviour i thought of asking u all.

We follow some code of conducts at workplace. So i wanna know at what point we call someone's behaviour is creepy. Because handshakes, hugs, putting hands on colleagues' shoulders, sitting close to colleagues are allowed. πŸ˜† i guess it's allowed everywhere. 

This holding hand is little too much for me. Even if u want to console. u can't hold her hands like this. πŸ˜‘

Katha Ankahee show is not about Katha n Viaan's love story. It's all about work place harassment. aur kitna aise awkward scenes dikhayenge.

hand holding is too much and it is definitely crossing boundaries. ehsaan is in a romantic relationship in his own head but katha actually doesn't know or is aware or cares. it is highly inappropriate in the office and so is his request that she call him to share or ask for things -- she can do that if she wants to but she is not required to do anything he asks. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

in terms of your question, I would say that putting hands on shoulders or hugs or sitting close is not acceptable. in my first year of office, someone was fired because he was seen as being a bit too friendly -- he would put his arm around female trainees and call them "darling" "sweetheart" etc. it was the guys in the team who complained that his behaviour was too much. he was reprimanded but seemed to think nothing of it. since he ignored the first warning, he was fired suddenly.

it was highly dramatic that day and I still remember. they made the team sit in the conference team and we had no clue what was going on. the top managers didn't come and we were wondering if meeting was cancelled but they kept telling us to stay in the room. after about 2 hours of waiting and being confused, they came in and told us that the fella had been fired for this reason and had been removed from the premises. people were surprised to say the least. 

people think our culture can be conservative but you know, sometimes it is better that way. so say vanakkam/namaste and do a formal hand shake or a light tap on shoulder. no hugs, no putting hands on shoulders or sitting too close -- keep those boundaries and ask when it is okay to breach. otherwise, stick to our vanakkam and save a headache. 

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
kshitu_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Viaanrocks

Although I do agree viaan has been worst in past 

But ye birdie waale Ehsan k creepiness k liye viaan ko gaali kyun maar rhe🀣

Viaan pasand nahi hoga aur ab woh sudhar bhi raha hai toh iss tarah gaali denge usse πŸ˜† edit: iss tarah se matlab constantly past ke baare me bolke ki Viaan ne bhi toh yeh kiya tha πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Edited by kshitu_20 - 1 years ago
Nabni_blr31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree πŸ‘πŸΌ

That intuition thing actually works for us. (for women) Hugging,kissing,hand holding and all ,everything can be considered normal if it's done normally or officially or with care and comfort. I don't know how to put it in proper words, but all these gestures look odd/cheap if someone does it intentionally. 

You know guys, office mei hamare bahut international clients hei and there is a way to greet them also. Our French counter parts usually greet us with a  handshake and kiss on the cheeks.πŸ˜†( specially with female colleagues). I didn't know this,so first time i got shocked. πŸ˜† but that's their culture to treat a lady .πŸ˜† par haan we were told that if we are not comfortable we can only have handshakes.πŸ˜†

Aur American clients usually handshake karte hei and if we are close or know eachother then we can go for a formal hug.πŸ˜ƒ

That's why i am interested to know ki EartCon mei kaunsa rule follow karte hei.πŸ˜†

mango.falooda thumbnail

I agree πŸ‘πŸΌ

That intuition thing actually works for us. (for women) Hugging,kissing,hand holding and all ,everything can be considered normal if it's done normally or officially or with care and comfort. I don't know how to put it in proper words, but all these gestures look odd/cheap if someone does it intentionally. 

You know guys, office mei hamare bahut international clients hei and there is a way to greet them also. Our French counter parts usually greet us with a  handshake and kiss on the cheeks.πŸ˜†( specially with female colleagues). I didn't know this,so first time i got shocked. πŸ˜† but that's their culture to treat a lady .πŸ˜† par haan we were told that if we are not comfortable we can only have handshakes.πŸ˜†

Aur American clients usually handshake karte hei and if we are close or know eachother then we can go for a formal hug.πŸ˜ƒ

That's why i am interested to know ki EartCon mei kaunsa rule follow karte hei.πŸ˜†

even the greet and kiss, there is a certain formality about it with europeans. first, there is an actual distance where you lean in -- so it is not like your bodies are touching. plus it is a very light grazing of the cheek and less than a second. so it is more of an air kiss rather than actual cheek kiss. and definitely no lingering. and same with handshakes, it needs to be firm or light but definitely quick. so if one holds too long, then it can cross boundaries. so much cultural nuances to what is acceptable and what isn't. 

but in terms of earthcon, these folks are in india. so they should be more sanskari even if they are in a big metro. 

mango.falooda thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ritzzee23

Ya mango.. I don't think he is jealous as of now. Uncomfortable he is but he can't interfere between them so getting irritated I think... Jealousy or love is out of question for viaan now... 

yea, viaan can't afford to have any feelings and I don't think he has any feelings other than guilt. so it is more of a feeling of loneliness or being excluded and not sure how to react. 

amrapali2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mango.falooda

hand holding is too much and it is definitely crossing boundaries. ehsaan is in a romantic relationship in his own head but katha actually doesn't know or is aware or cares. it is highly inappropriate in the office and so is his request that she call him to share or ask for things -- she can do that if she wants to but she is not required to do anything he asks. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

in terms of your question, I would say that putting hands on shoulders or hugs or sitting close is not acceptable. in my first year of office, someone was fired because he was seen as being a bit too friendly -- he would put his arm around female trainees and call them "darling" "sweetheart" etc. it was the guys in the team who complained that his behaviour was too much. he was reprimanded but seemed to think nothing of it. since he ignored the first warning, he was fired suddenly.

it was highly dramatic that day and I still remember. they made the team sit in the conference team and we had no clue what was going on. the top managers didn't come and we were wondering if meeting was cancelled but they kept telling us to stay in the room. after about 2 hours of waiting and being confused, they came in and told us that the fella had been fired for this reason and had been removed from the premises. people were surprised to say the least. 

people think our culture can be conservative but you know, sometimes it is better that way. so say vanakkam/namaste and do a formal hand shake or a light tap on shoulder. no hugs, no putting hands on shoulders or sitting too close -- keep those boundaries and ask when it is okay to breach. otherwise, stick to our vanakkam and save a headache. 

It's commendable that your office took action. Uncomfortable gestures need to be identified and acted upon accordingly. We live in a social world with human interactions, and if someone cannot recognise that they are making the opposite person uncomfortable, then they are the problem. 

For me the hand holding is the more disturbing because Ehsan is Katha's boss. That adds a power dynamic element also. This was one of the main problems that I had with Viaan giving the ONS offer (as he is her boss). But now the issue is not Viaan, it's Ehsan. So I hope that Viaan confronts Ehsan that he has no right to be cozy with an employee like this.

Edited by amrapali2 - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: gina24

Wow Aarav has anger issues or what

poor kiddo; obviously he is angry -- he is embarassed. even though he didn't really know his father, he knows of him through the memories that katha has shared. so because of that, he does have a kind of love and attachment towards aditya. so his father isn't a stranger in that sense. won't it be frustrating if the guard thought some random man was your father. aarav is understandably horrifed. 

amrapali2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

I agree πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes you gave the perfect example about cultural differences as well. There is a context/background to those handshakes and cheek kisses, so it does not necessarily feel weird. But if you are in a setting (especially an Indian setting) when your boss is unwantedly holding your hands and asking you to share your life details with him, then that's problematic. 

Viaanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mango.falooda

yea, viaan can't afford to have any feelings and I don't think he has any feelings other than guilt. so it is more of a feeling of loneliness or being excluded and not sure how to react. 

As per the OG  story line, he will be jealous at this point but he would be sad rather than being possessive and angry