I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

πŸ˜†

bro change mat kardena bad ma 

Edited by Mai.NePyarKiya - 1 years ago
JustWandering thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

People hating on war when Pathaan (as much as I want it to work for srk) looks like copycat cousin of war πŸ™„ 

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: srkat

To be honest, I didn't like War...AT ALL! I thought the film was complete GARBAGE, and my rating for the film once I came out of the theatre was 0/10!

Maha bakwaas film, and although a section of the audience may agree with me, there is another section that does seem to appreciate this kind of film....

tbh pathaan's trailer was also average for me but i love deepika srk John. I hope film to be much better than the trailer

kyapa thumbnail

Hope you are right 

Waiting for your shehzada prediction β­οΈ

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: srkat

@Maroon  Yes bro, Pathaan will be SRK's first 300 crore film! πŸ˜ƒ

@Guddu.Pandit Bro I feel that the WOM will be somewhat Mixed, as we have seen in the past with similar YRF action spectacles such as ETT, Dhoom 3, War, etc. 

Siddharth Anand's last film War didn't have a great trend: with a 50 cr opening, it finished with lifetime collection of 292 cr. 

Mixed-to-Positive is what I'm thinking Pathaan's WOM will be.

If war with 50 cr opening settled at 292 cr how come 41 cr opening will go for 300+ LTC?

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Pathan a non holiday opening.

WAR holiday opening.

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Zeal17

If war with 50 cr opening settled at 292 cr how come 41 cr opening will go for 300+ LTC?

As @blue-ice mentioned, War had a national holiday opening. In terms of real value (if War had released on a non-holiday), and if Pathaan's non-holiday opening is 41 cr, then Pathaan's opening would be higher than War's opening! (Again, in terms of real value using non-holiday,  we assume that War's opening would've been in the 30+ cr range). 

Hence why the lifetime of Pathaan would be higher than that of War, with similar WOM.

I hope that was clear, but feel free to ask me more! πŸ˜€

Edited by srkat - 1 years ago
srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

😲THE OPENING DAY IS HIGHER THAN WHAT I PREDICTED!! πŸ˜²

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Pathaan Has Phenomenal First Day

Wednesday 25 January 2023 22.30 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Pathaan has recorded a phenomenal opening day at the box office as it takes a 50-51 crore nett collection in its Hindi version as per early estimates. The film has smashed non holiday records by leaps and bounds as Bahubali - The Conclusion (Hindi) was the biggest non holiday opener before Pathaan. The opening day is also among the top openers of all time as War (2019) collected 50 crore nett and KGF 2 (Hindi) (2022)  collected 52 crore nett respectively but on holidays. 

ADVERTISEMENT

There is no doubt the film would have been the highest opening day if it was released on Thursday (Republic Day) which is a national holiday but the Wednesday release is more beneficial for a bigger weekend and that is more important. 

The Wednesday release has held the film back in certain sectors in the Hindi belt Gujarat / Saurashtra, CP Berar, CI and Rajasthan but they should show a good jump in collections tomorrow. The other Hindi belts of UP and Bihar have performed far better. though even here the traditional Friday release or a national holiday will yield better results. Some centres in these areas had issues with protests which also hampered collections and basically these are troublemakers which mange to keep some of the audience away but this should settle eventually. 

There will be records falling as the film could smash the records of KGF 2 in Eastern India while the records of War look like being obliterated in the South. KGF 2 was released in regional languages in the South so collections for Hindi were minimal there. The film is sure to create circuit records but just remains to be seen where. 

The collections of the film have given a huge boost to the ailing film industry as these phenomenal collections have come outside the holiday and it assures the industry that the box office is alive and kicking post the pandemic though the audience is now very demanding as to what they will pay for. 

The box office of Pathaan and Avatar - The Way Of Water has also killed all theories of lower ticket pricing which were more in the media than within the industry. Cinema is a premium product and exhibitors and distributors need the product and when its there pricing does not matter. When its not there then today nothing can save it.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Janaab but your WOM prediction has come short..... it is in big + way.....

400 Cr paar ab ki baar....