Channa Mereya

Love will find a way - GiTya OS

Dreamer555 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Her. He knew it was her. For who else had the kind of touch which felt like the cool, soft breeze after the first rains? Who else could make his nerves sprout flowers & his heart beat gently as if waltzing to the softest of melodies? Who else other than Ginny?

Light pierced through his eyes as he opened them, making them twitch & throb. But somehow, the warmth of her touch never let him shut them. Slowly, the sharp light turned a soft glow & he could make out a pair of eyes. Eyes that held in them an ocean of love.  

‘You look beautiful!’ He said, his voice cracking. ‘Just the same as the day you left me!’

She was silent, her warm brown eyes like a piece of the moon which got lost in the sea, floating around in the water, searching for a shore. 

‘You know what hurts the most, Ginny?’ Adi asked. ‘To have known the deepest of love for a while only to have it taken away in a moment. To live a life with only memories of how it felt to be loved. To live like you are dead, but just breathing!’ 

She was still silent. But her eyes, tears straining behind them, burst open & she scooped him up in a hug. ‘Don’t leave me, Ginny. I cannot, I cannot..!’ His voice trailed off as her soft fingers wound his neck, cradling him gently. 

What would it feel like to make a moment your home? Home where you could live forever? Adi wanted just that. To build walls so strong around them, those which could not be breached, even by time. But he knew. As she pulled off & took his hand in hers, he knew.  

He knew, Like countless nights before, it was time for her to leave. Cupping her small face in his hands, he said ‘Take me with you! Why should I live a life where there is only dark. Only dark nights without a sliver of moonlight? My moon light?’

Her eyes, his face reflected in their tears, moved slowly to a little form on the bed. The blanket stirred & slowly, five little fingers emerged, as if seeking someone. Ginny leaned over & placed them gently in Adi’s hands. 

As his daughter’s fingers wrapped around his thumb, Adi looked at Ginny. A moment passed, filled with the most poignant answer to all of Adi’s questions. He held his daughter’s fingers, looked at Ginny & slowly closed his eyes. 

If someone asked Adi what was love, he would answer it was this moment. His Ginny, His daughter, Him. What else could be love? Adi did not want to open his eyes, for he knew if he did, a part of him would die. Again. 

However, a little tug at his hands made him. 

And, Ginny was gone. A part of him too.

But then, a little face stared at him intently. Her big brown eyes, warm & soft, just like Ginny. Adi smiled & said to her softly, ‘Your mom dropped a little piece of her light with me until we meet again in heaven, Didn’t she?’ A little teethless chuckle made its way right to his heart & lodged itself. Safe. Warm. 

AN : Hey Guys!! Gowri again! I know I keep disappearing! Sorry for that😭 Also, Loads & Loads of love to everyone who likes my little, random story threads on GiTya! Hopefully, you guys like this one too! (although it is, I know, a bit on the sadder part🥲)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

devashree_h thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi Gowri..this one was so sad but so beautiful.❤️