Dint like Suvarna today

sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi everyone, 

I’m an old IF member. Last few years I stopped watching tv altogether so I wasn’t active here! Now I’m following Mci quite regularly so I am posting here

I think the way suvarna behaved last night was totally unbecoming! It was ridiculous to say the least!! 

1. They were not supposed to communicate 

2. When she asked Vineet, the guy himself was stressed so he either dint understand what she asked or simply said what he was GOING TO MAKE and she thought it was ready 

3. Most importantly, any person in that situation.. where u enter a cooking space with half the cooking done and not knowing a thing about what is before u, the first thing any person would do is TASTE! What could be easier or simpler than that! Glad judges pointed out that and dint hear any excuses 

I think such things often tell you what kind of person someone is!  Not passing any judgement on her, just my opinion 

Thank you for reading my post! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sshirley

Hi everyone, 

I’m an old IF member. Last few years I stopped watching tv altogether so I wasn’t active here! Now I’m following Mci quite regularly so I am posting here

I think the way suvarna behaved last night was totally unbecoming! It was ridiculous to say the least!! 

1. They were not supposed to communicate 

2. When she asked Vineet, the guy himself was stressed so he either dint understand what she asked or simply said what he was GOING TO MAKE and she thought it was ready 

3. Most importantly, any person in that situation.. where u enter a cooking space with half the cooking done and not knowing a thing about what is before u, the first thing any person would do is TASTE! What could be easier or simpler than that! Glad judges pointed out that and dint hear any excuses 

I think such things often tell you what kind of person someone is!  Not passing any judgement on her, just my opinion 

Thank you for reading my post! 

I honestly think a lot of people are lacking in basics. And they get coddled on these shows because their plating is good or something equally superficial. 

Not knowing duck from chicken is embarrassing. Not realising that a hot pan will keep cooking the protein is beyond novice. Not tasting as you cook has been an issue with Suvarna, and it was bound to trip her at some point.

Avinash excells when he stays true to the principles of Odia cuisine. Making parval tapas or whatever was bound to be screw-up because it's perhaps the only veggie that tastes good only when you over fry it. It's just infuriating at times how these people got selected on 'innovation' or whatnot but screw up the basics

The only person who understood the assignment was Aruna (and perhsps Shanta and Gurkeerat); her food philosophy sits right. I am glad she won the immunity.

I am a bit disappointed in nayan because even if he isn't aware of all indian cuisines, he could work with the pongal or even the mysore pak because sweetened pulses are used in desserts even in the north east

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Totally agree with you! Some basics are such that even kids who are just learning to cook are aware of! 

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sshirley

Totally agree with you! Some basics are such that even kids who are just learning to cook are aware of! 

Thats my point too how did these people not know such basic things especially when cooking is your passion. Like you said even kids who knows how to cooks or just starting to cook would know basic things of cooking. I am actually surprised how did these people got selected for competition. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: reborn-re

Thats my point too how did these people not know such basic things especially when cooking is your passion. Like you said even kids who knows how to cooks or just starting to cook would know basic things of cooking. I am actually surprised how did these people got selected for competition. 

Not knowing diff btwn duck n chicken is acceptable from vegetarians..like Gurkirat. I can never differentiate between cut non veg Food.

But ya other things mentioned here r on point

Edit: sorry didn't mean to quote u..done by mistake 

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 1 years ago