Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Ohh that would be pronounced Amn in my dialect. That’s why I didn’t make a connection. I didn’t know in Hindi or Urdu it had a vowel between the consonants.  But yea that makes sense both linguistically and emotionally.  

@red: That was not his intent, it was his last resort.  He always knew he could die and not make it out. When Kao reads his letter the first sentence was If you are reading this it means I’ve died. 

Wohi na, if he knew he can die at any time, he shouldve opened up to her pehle hi...

But maybe he didn't want her to know that his life is in danger and worry about him🤔

Either that or he was afraid that she might expose him

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Wohi na, if he knew he can die at any time, he shouldve opened up to her pehle hi...

But maybe he didn't want her to know that his life is in danger and worry about him🤔

Either that or he was afraid that she might expose him

She was head over heels in love. She wouldn’t have exposed him, not intentionally. But unintentionally she might have by sharing information about him with her father or uncle. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I liked the movie. I don’t agree with anyone who says Sid M is non-actor. He so is not. He got the tone and body language of a tailor so right. His voice is heavy but he changed it effortlessly throughout. And when he wasn’t tailor, his body language was sure of an agent. 

Story was good. Thanks to movie, I read up about the real inspiration behind it. 
I hated what happened to Nasreen. If this was close to reality, I hope she had good life with her kid. 
Every movie that I see of Army personnel risking their life just coz of their love for the motherland, I bow in awe of these people. What selflessness and valor to serve the nation. Forever indebted and grateful. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

She was head over heels in love. She wouldn’t have exposed him, not intentionally. But unintentionally she might have by sharing information about him with her father or uncle. 

Then what was he so afraid of? Her getting emotional and making a mistake? Or he thought she might leave him?

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Then what was he so afraid of? Her getting emotional and making a mistake? Or he thought she might leave him?

Well, the nature of his job is such that he couldn’t tell her. Even real life spies or raw agents don’t tell their own wives and families what they are doing. They all have a cover that they hold onto, not just for their work but for their families’ safety as well. That’s why the mental and psychological toll it takes on them was also brought up by Sid in one of his interviews, and was briefly covered in the movie. In the movie his lie to Nasreen stands out because he didn’t have to marry her. He could have ignored his feelings but he choose not to. Unless, once again, his initial plan was to stay in Pakistan for years and the assignment changed his plans.  

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Well, the nature of his job is such that he couldn’t tell her. Even real life spies or raw agents don’t tell their own wives and families what they are doing. They all have a cover that they hold onto, not just for their work but for their families’ safety as well. That’s why the mental and psychological toll it takes on them was also brought up by Sid in one of his interviews, and was briefly covered in the movie. In the movie his lie to Nasreen stands out because he didn’t have to marry her. He could have ignored his feelings but he choose not to. Unless, once again, his initial plan was to stay in Pakistan for years and the assignment changed his plans.  

I guess so. But in my opinion, a husband and wife are companions and should not keep anything hidden from each other. Especially where there's love, there needs to be trust

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Just watched it for the weekend with hubby. 

The movie is quite engaging and belies its many bad reviews. I am not surprised why it's trending worldwide.

MINUSES- Sure, there was some stereotyping, and how Tariq gets his info is very much convenient.

PLUSES- The pluses outnumber these things though. 

Interesting backdrop of the nuclear race which I haven't seen in the context of Indo-Pak relations in Bolly movies. 

The geopolitical angle was nicely incorporated. I did a lot of reading up on Zia ul Haq, A.K. Khan, Morarji Desai and RN Kao on Wikipedia and found that many aspects had been nicely integrated.

Sid M plays the role well and proves that with the right material he can shine. Another subtle performance of his that I liked after Hasee Toh Phasee and Ittefaq I guess.

Sid and Rashmika had good chemistry and one felt sorry for Nasreen at the end. The movie is also a fitting homage to the silent heroes who make numerous sacrifices for the nation. The love angle was rushed but the emotional tug of war felt by the hero still came through.

As a follow-up to this movie I intend to read the book The Kaoboys and R &AW by B.Raman, a former RAW officer.

The Kaoboys & R&AW: Down Memory Lane: Raman, B.: 9780979617430: Amazon.com: Books

I was surprised to find that the anecdote regarding Morarji spilling the beans to Zia ul Haq is apparently having some credence...that was the most shocking aspect to me 😳Raman talks about it in his book as well.

Mission Majnu glosses over Morarji Desai's rumoured 'resentment' of R&AW & closeness with Pakistan (theprint.in)

Edited by Amri_IF - 1 years ago