Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Does this movie have a happy ending? Blink once if yes, twice if don’t even bother. 

😒😒

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

I agree that the romance was very rushed. But I suspect that was done for the story to move along with the spy and political stuff. Ultimately this is a spy thriller and not a love story. And like I said before, the love angle was a subplot to show his inner conflict, his guilt, and ultimately a build up to the airport climax. 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Does this movie have a happy ending? Blink once if yes, twice if don’t even bother. 

blink twice 

Army films are mostly a sad ending 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: Dirdam

In real his wife was torture 😔 cannot imagine Nasreen like that 💔

I didnt know this is based on a real story?

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Contains spoilers: 

I think some of it was also to show the human side of a raw agent. He fell in a love and was very happy with his wife and his humble lifestyle. He was guilted about lying to her and her family. He was guilted about his father in law getting killed because of him. And yes the airport scene was also a huge part of it as well. If it wasn’t for Nasreen he would have been out of there. But like he told the maulvi before leaving for the airport, he wouldn’t let his child go through what he went through as surely had he left them in Pakistan his child would be called a traitor’s child just like he was. As much as he loved his country he also loved this Pakistani woman and basically died to make sure she and his child will get to safety.  

These weren’t just agents who did their work and moved on. They are people with lives and emotions. Remember how the maulvi looks at a picture of his wife and kid before he drops the cigarette?  

One thing I wish is that he wouldve told her the truth face to face instead of a letter, I wanted a confrontation scene. It was the least she deserved rather than just finding out the truth through a letter.😭

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

One thing I wish is that he wouldve told her the truth face to face instead of a letter, I wanted a confrontation scene. It was the least she deserved rather than just finding out the truth through a letter.😭

Spoiler

She did deserve a face to face confrontation. Or we could say she deserved not to have been married to someone with a completely false identity without her knowledge. Perhaps he should have thought about the risks his position entailed and not married her at all. But he actually got his assignment about the nukes after he got married. Before that his assignment was probably to just live in the community for years and years and collect data, just like the moulvi.  

At the airport while saying goodbye to her he tells her he wants to name his child Aman. Aman is not a Muslim name so that was perhaps his way of giving her some truth about himself. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I like! Well earned! Happy for Sidharth!

https://mobile.twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1617752217926397958

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Spoiler

She did deserve a face to face confrontation. Or we could say she deserved not to have been married to someone with a completely false identity without her knowledge. Perhaps he should have thought about the risks his position entailed and not married her at all. But he actually got his assignment about the nukes after he got married. Before that his assignment was probably to just live in the community for years and years and collect data, just like the moulvi.  

At the airport while saying goodbye to her he tells her he wants to name his child Aman. Aman is not a Muslim name so that was perhaps his way of giving her some truth about himself. 

I dont think that was a hint, Aman is actually a Muslim name as well. It suits both Hindus and Muslims, and it also means peace, so I feel thats why he chose that name.

He was a good husband though, so I wouldnt say he didnt deserve her. His only flaw was that he hid his identity from her. I just wish he had confided in her face to face, instead of writing a letter like a coward. Seems like he never had guts to tell her himself.🤔

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I dont think that was a hint, Aman is actually a Muslim name as well. It suits both Hindus and Muslims, and it also means peace, so I feel thats why he chose that name.

He was a good husband though, so I wouldnt say he didnt deserve her. His only flaw was that he hid his identity from her. I just wish he had confided in her face to face, instead of writing a letter like a coward. Seems like he never had guts to tell her himself.🤔

Ohh that would be pronounced Amn in my dialect. That’s why I didn’t make a connection. I didn’t know in Hindi or Urdu it had a vowel between the consonants.  But yea that makes sense both linguistically and emotionally.  

@red: That was not his intent, it was his last resort.  He always knew he could die and not make it out. When Kao reads his letter the first sentence was If you are reading this it means I’ve died.