Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Do they train contestants in basic usage of modern machines and technologies? If not then people like Baa will always have a disadvantage..gifted with culinary skills, good sense of balance, proportion and properties of food..but haven't used modern techniques..how would they compete with trained people in pressure situations. 

Just imagining Baa in the scenario where they cook for a feast as a grp..she would've been such n asset there..first elimination could've waited.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Saw few dishes..observed this in earlier seasons too. The plating..the way they line the sauces, put some leaves here n there, make those crisp chips to decorate..visually it may look beautiful but isn't it really a wastage of sauces n dips? Like u have made a thin line or spread it out in a layer..how is it supposed to be eaten? Do we lick it?

I guess even chefs find it difficult to eat..a bite from something crunchy, a spoon of crumble..does it feel like a wholesome dish? Sorry haven't really eaten something like that so don't know..it's a genuine question. 

I don't like it even when they line the plate with chocolate syrup along with brownies, ice-cream etc..upar hi daal kar do na bhai..atleast kha to sakte hai😀

TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

felt bad when baa left. Made me cry 

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: MinionBoss

I'm going to disagree with you partially. See based on the comments from the tasting, Baa had a better tasting dish than Yashu, but they were all being judged on three things - taste, replication, and presentation. Baa only hit one of those points on the head. Yashu hit 1 fully (presentation) and 1 partially (replication). So overall, he did "score" more than Baa.

I do feel like today they also eliminated Baa because they know she wouldn't be able to last in the kitchen as the pressures and techniques got more complicated. It isn't fair, but I do understand why they did that as well.

I do have several other names of people who should be evicted in coming weeks. Just based on this week alone I can already name a few people who are not strong - Yashu, Priya, Survarna, and Gurkirat are the first 4 on that list of mine. Priya got safe because of the group she was in warna she wouldn't have been saved. Suvarna and Gurkirat have their moments which made them safe. And Yashu in general I feel is a weaker contestant mostly because he doesn't have that experience.

Okay first up; most of the judges on the panel including Vikas (from a lower middle class family) have been educated and trained in culinary sciences. The stories of their tiny catering businesses or Ranveer working at ustaads' in lucknow are inspiring and beautiful but it's not like Vikas jumped to Junoon straight from his catering business in Amritsar. 

If these shows, including MCA, were fair or actually useful, they'd train the contestants alongside. Most of the MCA contestants live in a house with a high-end kitchen set-up with stacked culinary literature. Here the pressure test in the very first week seemed unbalanced and unfair tbh. Dessert vs savoury will always favour the savoury cook because it allows improvisation. If all they are looking for is pastry techniques and/or European techniques, then they should drop the schtick of the Indian home cook and make it a competition of culinary students/apprentice like hell's kitchen. 

Because by these criteria, even Ranveer's ustad sa'abs will get eliminated in the first week of the competition by Ranveer himself

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Priyanka needs to start exploring the savory side, man! I wished she was chosen to cook the tyohar dish over the cake recipe. She's technically good in the sweet side therefore, wasn't surprised with the comments. Would've liked it if Santha cooked the sweet side & Priyanka did the savory route. 

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Do they train contestants in basic usage of modern machines and technologies? If not then people like Baa will always have a disadvantage..gifted with culinary skills, good sense of balance, proportion and properties of food..but haven't used modern techniques..how would they compete with trained people in pressure situations. 

Just imagining Baa in the scenario where they cook for a feast as a grp..she would've been such n asset there..first elimination could've waited.

Yeah they do a boot camp and training for all the contestants before and during the show. They have a lot of workshops too wrt plating, etc.

I agree that the first elimination could've waited. It should've happened atleast a week later or two like dance shows have. So that we would know everyone's strengths and weaknesses. 

FieryFabulous thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Contestants this time are getting saved pretty weirdly(?) this time. Priya cooked a terrible soup and that Punjabi guy served uncooked chicken yet both are saved. 

The negativity from last season thankfully isn't there this time. It was so annoying to see the contestant's faces and I could smell the groupism 1000 miles away.

Feeling bad Baa got eliminated. But still I'm glad for her. Working at this age is not easy.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

MCI should've invited Baa as a guest judge n not a contestant..let the contestants replicate her dish. Baa's age n expertise deserve that. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FieryFabulous

Contestants this time are getting saved pretty weirdly(?) this time. Priya cooked a terrible soup and that Punjabi guy served uncooked chicken yet both are saved. 

The negativity from last season thankfully isn't there this time. It was so annoying to see the contestant's faces and I could smell the groupism 1000 miles away.

Feeling bad Baa got eliminated. But still I'm glad for her. Working at this age is not easy.

Bold- I felt Priya cooking the terrible soup was more weirder considering she got saved by the group's efforts. Gurkirat ka, I think he progressed to the next group challenge and improved with the punjabi soup one + helping out in the sweet dish prep. I think this upcoming challenge might try to understand his individual game more properly to see if he improved or still cooking raw food. 

I think Sachin has potential to improve because I liked yesterday that he's the one who thought to use hands instead of blender to do the emulsification process as it requires air & his collaboration with Santha & Kamaldeep in the recent episodes was pretty nice. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Priyanka & Nayanjyoti remind me of Ashima of MCI-S5 who primarily cooked sweets. I get that sweets is their comfort zone but they are literally playing it safe here. Priyanka's plating color was similar to that of Deepa where her food was criticized for having inadequate proportions so that was somewhat baffling lol even if the technique was nice. 😆 LOL. Regarding Nayanjyoti's food, it may have looked impressive & tasted impressive but his problem is sticking to sweet side. Plus, it was less than expected in terms of serving, like 2 people can consume the dish instead of 3.

Gurkirat's baklava dish looked like dosa served on platter, presentation seemed average but seems like taste was good. 

Swarna- Presentation looked simple & nice. The 4 layering of the tart was nice. Nice improvement. The mango glaze with the til seasoning on top was nice touch. 

Aruna's dish was sounded pretty cool as it involved both sweets & savory ka flavor -- I'm a fan of murruku/chakli that she was taking about during the cooking. However, I felt presentation was overdone even if it might've tasted well. 

Priya- Presentation was too simple & I've eaten matar falafel so from that perspective's, its not innovative to me. 

Deepa- Presentation was simple & nice. But I didn't like the raggi mudda in the bowl for some reason from presentation POV. 

Yashu- Presentation looked tad simple of the aasmi. Just looked like soup & veggies on the side in a bowl. 

Avinash- I feel it was olive stuffed pakoras so I wasn't much impressed with the way it looked. But did wish a chutney or sauce was prepped because it looked like a dry dish.

Dhyuti- I didn't like the presentation as the moon shaped dish looked more like a burnt food or something. 

Sachin- the yakitori dish didn't look good presentation wise. Looked all messed up. 

Santha- I felt presentation was pretty cool especially the color contrast. I feel she should explore other spices as opposed to sticking to just sticking Assamese spices like I understand thats her backdrop but want her to explore more. 

Kamaldeep- I wasn't impressed with the presentation, felt it could've been improved more. 

Vineet- Looked nice and pretty cool but no crust? I do wish to see more from him in upcoming episodes. Tapioca rasmalai sauce idea was pretty nice.