MasterChef India 7

MasterChef India S7- Daily Discussion Thread

Andakadipatta thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

So finally the competition began tonight. So made this DT for daily discussions.

I really enjoyed the episode today. First of all I'm very happy that they are doing a daily show this time and following the format of MasterChef Australia where every day there's a new challenge and two contestants get saved from elimination everyday. Used to miss such a format here because Star Plus would most of the times air MasterChef India on weekends.

So huge props to Sony for changing the format to daily. We will get to see more talent from the contestants in such a format. Also really liked how the episode today was balanced despite it being the opening episode. There was absolutely no drama which I hope continues till the finale. But I also liked how the judges didn't praise people to the skies. It looked like a genuine first day in the MasterChef Kitchen episode where a lot of contestants failed to serve a good dish. And I'm glad they showed the tasting and feedback of every dish and kept the maximum time for that and also they didn't edit the criticism from the judges. They were really mad at the Sardar guy for serving uncooked chicken. How can you serve uncooked fried chicken? It's such a basic dish.

I was a bit confused though how Kamaldeep didn't get the best dish of the day and became safe. From the feedback it looked like she was the best of the day and technically too her dish was the most innovative. I found Nayandeep's dish pretty half baked since the star of his dish for me was the chocolate eclairs whereas it was supposed to be cherry and black eyed peas. Even Nazia's dish was technically less complicated. It was just prawn dumplings with some sauce. It's nothing new. I really think Kamaldeep deserved to be in the gallery.

Also it's a bit sus that both Nayandeep and Nazia are from Assam. ðŸ¤“

Edited by devashree_h - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: MommaMomma

So finally the competition began tonight. So made this DT for daily discussions.

I really enjoyed the episode today. First of all I'm very happy that they are doing a daily show this time and following the format of MasterChef Australia where every day there's a new challenge and two contestants get saved from elimination everyday. Used to miss such a format here because Star Plus would most of the times air MasterChef India on weekends.

So huge props to Sony for changing the format to daily. We will get to see more talent from the contestants in such a format. Also really liked how the episode today was balanced despite it being the opening episode. There was absolutely no drama which I hope continues till the finale. But I also liked how the judges didn't praise people to the skies. It looked like a genuine first day in the MasterChef Kitchen episode where a lot of contestants failed to serve a good dish. And I'm glad they showed the tasting and feedback of every dish and kept the maximum time for that and also they didn't edit the criticism from the judges. They were really mad at the Sardar guy for serving uncooked chicken. How can you serve uncooked fried chicken? It's such a basic dish.

I was a bit confused though how Kamaldeep didn't get the best dish of the day and became safe. From the feedback it looked like she was the best of the day and technically too her dish was the most innovative. I found Nayandeep's dish pretty half baked since the star of his dish for me was the chocolate eclairs whereas it was supposed to be cherry and black eyed peas. Even Nazia's dish was technically less complicated. It was just prawn dumplings with some sauce. It's nothing new. I really think Kamaldeep deserved to be in the gallery.

Also it's a bit sus that both Nayandeep and Nazia are from Assam. ðŸ¤“

I had same thought I thought her would be best dish of the day and either Nayanjyoti or other old lady I forget her name whose favorite ingredient was Thai pineapple but when they announce Nayanjyoti I was surprised but I am glad she is safe but yes for me also she deserved her name in gallery. Same here remaining episode also goes like today. Also momma Shanta is from Assam too so three Assamese. 

Edited by reborn-re - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I kept thinking that Nayanjyoti and Kamaldeep would be safe.

Nayanjyotis dish may not have been a new invention but was executed well and the black eyed crumble as the judges said was good creativity. 

Kamaldeep was extremely innovative - who would think of making a sweet dish with karela?

Nazia - again not innovative but I’m guessing it must’ve been very delicious.

my only gripe today is that I wish the contestants whose tasting was rushed were given more time, would’ve liked to hear feedback for them or atleast more description of their dish.

Other than that I think so far so good

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think it would have come down to taste. A well-balanced dessert out of karela is innovative as heck but in the sense of really hoity-doity avant garde places. I am sure you couldn't stop talking about it the first few times you try it but whether it would make you seek it out as an indulgence during a weekday dinner service is another.  

Nazia's dish makes sense on a very logical level and if made properly, one could finish a whole plate of it. The challenge was about making flavours work and not necessarily an innovation challenge. I think for the very first attempt, the positions were a push of encouragement rather than 'oh wow, you're exceptional.' I think this season is much more realistic than the star ones.

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
reborn-re thumbnail

I think Kamaldeep should have been safe along with Nayanjyoti not saying Nazia's was bad if we compare to complication I think Kamaldeep had it and I think dumpling is a common dish and yes I myself love dumpling so we do make different fillings and eat like fired or soup or steam dumplings. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Aruna- I felt it was somewhat average dish because of the presentation tbh. Because it's first week, it's okay if she cooked a lost recipe from the South but would like for her to improve her gaming. Neem flowers are trickier to deal with thus was skeptical if the bitterness toned down or not.

Nayanjyoti's still sticking to the dessert side thereby kinda felt it was restricted in that zone. It looked like an ordinary dish to me, something I've seen in bakeries and cafes tbh. It just looked like syrup was added on top of bread and black-eyed pea on the side. Technically good but still felt average looking dish to me. I don't understand how his dish got dish of the day, felt it was dish that's been done before. ðŸ¤“Kamaldeep's dish was better

Santha- Good to see that she at least tried to experiment with panna cotta even though the odds weren't in her favor. I liked Ranveer's advice to use butter and gelation to retain the texture. I agreed with Garima that if the dish wasn't setting, something liquid could've sufficed. 

Kamaldeep- Was interested as to how she would utilize the bitter gourds & the green apple combo. Looked very innovative. Even the crumble usage was nice in comparison to Nayanjyoti's crumble of lobia/eclairs dish. This is the dish of the day, as a viewer. 

Average dishes-

Avinash- Felt it was average dish tbh.

Priya- Average looking dish to me tbh. 

Baa- Palak tikkis looked nice though it's just the filling's been changed to using palak leaves. Just like plain mathri to methi mathri or palak mathri. Apricot chunda/jam is nice touch but plating was simple looking.

Dhruti- Felt it was bit too extreme in terms of plating design. Plating didn't seem that impressive to me.

Sachin- I felt it was ordinary looking dish since prawn raviolis exist. And plating looked mehh. 

Swarna- I felt the dishes could've been merged together. Mutton looked impressive but the Focaccia bread looked like a side dish. 

Gurkirat- The fried chicken & peach salad could've been merged together. Damn, he didn't check on the temper of the chicken before presenting. In MC-america, it would've been trashed next level. 

Yashu- Plating looked nice but felt it was ordinary dish. 

Vineet- Felt that the plating wasn't that eye-appealing or impressive. 

Priyanka- watermelon sushi looked average dish. 

Nazia- plating looked ordinary & simple. Stuffing looked pretty plain & simple which ordinary chef can try out. 😕 

Deepa- Plating is pretty impressive considering the color balance of red/yellow/orange/gold to the plating color of black. Pretty cool. Though I do agree that the proportion of the food should be adequate. 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I liked the challenge today and all the contestants did quite well. 

I wish they’d tasted all dishes. 

I’m surprised Suvarna was saved today - her dish didn’t sound very tasty although I’m sure it was. Even the presentation to me was meh. But Chef Garima found a small fault in it. However, Shanta and Deepa’s dishes were faultless. 

Aruna’s dish looked and sounded delicious. So I was happy with her having been saved. 

reborn-re thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Raina101

I liked the challenge today and all the contestants did quite well. 

I wish they’d tasted all dishes. 

I’m surprised Suvarna was saved today - her dish didn’t sound very tasty although I’m sure it was. Even the presentation to me was meh. But Chef Garima found a small fault in it. However, Shanta and Deepa’s dishes were faultless. 

Aruna’s dish looked and sounded delicious. So I was happy with her having been saved. 

That’s my question with Suvarna getting saved I mean these people are not sticking with their word it’s chef Garima’s challenge they were supposed to impressed her all the category but she found fault in Suvarna dish so how come Suvarna be safe. Along with Aruna either Deepa or Shanta one of them should have been saved. I’m not liking it yesterday Kamaldeep was robbed and today Shanta and Deepa. Or maybe it’s their strategy to push more so they can even do better than this other wise why would you praise so much and not choose. Like the way the chefs were praising her dish and for me she deserved those appreciation and I was 100% sure she would get best dish of the day and they announced Nayanjyoti and I was like even if she didn’t get dish of the day she would definitely tly be saved and when they announced Nazia’s name I was like seriously.

Edited by reborn-re - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: reborn-re

That’s my question with Suvarna getting saved I mean these people are not sticking with their word it’s chef Garima’s challenge they were supposed to impressed her all the category but she found fault in Suvarna dish so how come Suvarna be safe. Along with Aruna either Deepa or Shanta one of them should have been saved. I’m not liking it yesterday Kamaldeep was robbed and today Shanta and Deepa. Or maybe it’s their strategy to push more so they can even do better than this other wise why would you praise so much and not choose. Like the way the chefs were praising her dish and for me she deserved those appreciation and I was 100% sure she would get best dish of the day and they announced Nayanjyoti and I was like even if she didn’t get dish of the day she would definitely tly be saved and when they announced Nazia’s name I was like seriously.

Their decisions baffle me too.

One thing I know if that Shanta, Deepa and Kamaldeep will stay a while. You can already tell which contestants will stay for a little longer and which won’t.

I fear the next eliminations will be between Yashu, Vineet, the lady who cooks healthy food (can’t remember her name).

reborn-re thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Raina101

Their decisions baffle me too.

One thing I know if that Shanta, Deepa and Kamaldeep will stay a while. You can already tell which contestants will stay for a little longer and which won’t.

I fear the next eliminations will be between Yashu, Vineet, the lady who cooks healthy food (can’t remember her name).

Oh the one used plants right that’s Priya well tomorrow is team challenge for remaining 12 contestants so between 3 groups.