MasterChef India S7- Daily Discussion Thread - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago

I said this yesterday but I do think overcooking protein should be flagged more than screwing up pastries at this stage of the competition. Cooking protein is the most basic skill while baking is a science that requires training. I root for Kamaldeep but I didn't feel she should have been saved yesterday.

Originally posted by Spicyfood

Baa eliminated 😭

It's contradictory saying that the dish that was lacking in flavour got saved.

Also, I feel it was unfair to pit a dessert against a savoury dish. And if Priyanka is professional cake artiste, she obviously knows more than any one of them. Not saying anything against het, she's super talented and sweet but the challenge was unbalanced.

Any cooking that involves sugar is lot more scientific than savoury cookery. Vikas could have given them an equally complicated savoury dish or RB could have put up a dessert. 

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Deltablues

I absolutely adore how they help each other; not only Baa but everyone else.

This season is so refreshing than the really bitchy and bitter last season. I am sure people will get competitive but the lack of meanness is really nice. 

Yup that is something that stood out for me in the episode today!! Priyanka helping Baa and Sachin helping Shanta. They all are here to win MasterChef but even in that pressure they had it in them to help out each other so that no one has an incomplete dish and everyone completes the challenge. Thats how a healthy competition should be

I feel Baa should have been saved today. I mean yes her dish had some elements missing but even the judges agreed that her dish was really tasty and had all the flavours. Idk for me a food should have a great taste beyond everything else. Thats the whole point of food. Yup she is a bit behind because she doesn't know all these techniques but she is very good with flavours. She could have been retained for today.

She was my favourite contestant this time❤️ so felt quite bad that she was eliminated 💔 but she took that with a smile❤️ 

It's contradictory saying that the dish that was lacking in flavour got saved.

Also, I feel it was unfair to pit a dessert against a savoury dish. And if Priyanka is professional cake artiste, she obviously knows more than any one of them. Not saying anything against, she's super talented but the challenge was unbalanced.

Any cooking that involves sugar is lot more scientific than savoury cookery. Vikas could have given them an equally complicated savoury dish or RB could have put up a dessert. 

Agree!! 

Actually I didn't understand the point of 2 dishes. They could have just kept one dish that has to be cooked by everyone. Why keep too dishes that too which are so radically different. It was definitely an unbalanced competition 

I feel..and hope that Baa will be back..she is becoming really popular on social media..many knew her but even the ones who didn't..they r loving her

Originally posted by bhshre95

Agree!! 

Actually I didn't understand the point of 2 dishes. They could have just kept one dish that has to be cooked by everyone. Why keep too dishes that too which are so radically different. It was definitely an unbalanced competition 

I'm with you on that. I thought they would be required to cook both dishes or something. And how is it fair to just divide them based on where they are standing? At least let them pick a name out of a hat or something. Priyanka got something she is talented in. I'm not saying she didn't struggle or got it easy, but she might have ended up with Ranveer's dish instead if the names were picked out of a hat.

I absolutely adore how they help each other; not only Baa but everyone else.

This season is so refreshing than the really bitchy and bitter last season. I am sure people will get competitive but the lack of meanness is really nice. 

I do love that this season so far everyone is helping each other. A few days ago, Gurkirarat helped Baa with making noodles and today Priyanka helped Baa and Sachin helped Shanta. Plus in the group round, they were under pressure but no one snapped at their captains or buckled under the pressure.

I have a feeling that even later on in the season when the competition starts heating up, these contestants will not turn on each other so easily. They may not help each other right away, but they won't be like some of the contestants last season...Ondrilla and Akash come to mind first.

I am again telling these judges are not just sticking with their words before only Ranveer said that taste is the most important thing today Baa had taste bash some element were missing but whatever she made taste wise she was good she should have been saved over other guy who all the component but what about the taste. I mean aapka pet taste dish dekh ke toh nai bhar jjayega. 

Originally posted by bhshre95

I feel Baa should have been saved today. I mean yes her dish had some elements missing but even the judges agreed that her dish was really tasty and had all the flavours. Idk for me a food should have a great taste beyond everything else. Thats the whole point of food. Yup she is a bit behind because she doesn't know all these techniques but she is very good with flavours. She could have been retained for today.

She was my favourite contestant this time❤️ so felt quite bad that she was eliminated 💔 but she took that with a smile❤️ 

I'm going to disagree with you partially. See based on the comments from the tasting, Baa had a better tasting dish than Yashu, but they were all being judged on three things - taste, replication, and presentation. Baa only hit one of those points on the head. Yashu hit 1 fully (presentation) and 1 partially (replication). So overall, he did "score" more than Baa.

I do feel like today they also eliminated Baa because they know she wouldn't be able to last in the kitchen as the pressures and techniques got more complicated. It isn't fair, but I do understand why they did that as well.

I do have several other names of people who should be evicted in coming weeks. Just based on this week alone I can already name a few people who are not strong - Yashu, Priya, Survarna, and Gurkirat are the first 4 on that list of mine. Priya got safe because of the group she was in warna she wouldn't have been saved. Suvarna and Gurkirat have their moments which made them safe. And Yashu in general I feel is a weaker contestant mostly because he doesn't have that experience.