ASYA FF – “Kaise Katan Birha Ki Ratiyaan” - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

All things nice update

Agar aap saari zindagi bhi intezaar karne ke liye kahengi, main vo bhi…” Asad realized what he’d said in the heat of the moment.

One can see Asad's desperation yet tenderness with Zoya

Really loved jeeju's combo with Zoya. I've always adored their bond in the show.

Asad the itchy grizzly bear 😆 I'm excited for the dates. 

I'll never be tired of saying how amazing of a writer you are❤️ 

Also DMing you on your insta page

Originally posted by Butterscotch11

All things nice update

Agar aap saari zindagi bhi intezaar karne ke liye kahengi, main vo bhi…” Asad realized what he’d said in the heat of the moment.

One can see Asad's desperation yet tenderness with Zoya

Really loved jeeju's combo with Zoya. I've always adored their bond in the show.

Asad the itchy grizzly bear 😆 I'm excited for the dates. 

I'll never be tired of saying how amazing of a writer you are❤️ 

Also DMing you on your insta page

Hehe I'll never be tired of hearing 😌 Thank you!! 

Awww.. she forgave him and Asad suddenly has these bold ideas (at least fot him 😆)

Can't wait to see what he dates are like 😉

Originally posted by tanvi_mitt

Awww.. she forgave him and Asad suddenly has these bold ideas (at least fot him 😆)

Can't wait to see what he dates are like 😉

LOL 'bold for Asad is a thing' , he gotta get his girl back. will try to update soon!

I've read all of your stories. I re-read one of your story "Nobody but you" today and fell in love with it all over again. Surprisingly, I was thinking today whether you would write for asya again or not and just now I came across your this story. It was asusual amazing, your writings truly amaze me. Keep up the good work. Eagerly waiting for next chappy. 

Edited by lilysparkles - 1 years ago
Originally posted by lilysparkles

I've read all of your stories. I re-read one of your story "Nobody but you" today and fell in love with it all over again. Surprisingly, I was thinking today whether you would write for asya again or not and just now I came across your this story. It was asusual amazing, your writings truly amaze me. Keep up the good work. Eagerly waiting for next chappy. 

Hello! First, I love the username🌸  and second, thank you so much for the words.❣️ As a writer, it feels great to hear the appreciation. Will try to update soon :)

“Maang Rakhi Thi Jo Wasl-ki-Shaam”

DAY 1

Zoya sat in front of the mirror, getting ready. One word, one thought doing rounds in her mind.

Date.

The Date.

The Date with Asad.

Asad Ahmed Khan.

She should feel excited – she didn’t. Why didn’t she?

Instead, she was terrified.

Terrified because she still hadn’t forgiven him. Sure, he was trying to make it up to her but the glaciers he built around her heart, over and over, didn’t quite melt yet.

Running wasn’t an option. The only thing she had ever wanted was to run towards him. So even though everything and everyone around her said, she needs to get her head right. She still ran.

Aapi hadn’t impulsively made a plan to go out today. She had mulled over it the night before, so she could take Zoya away as far as possible from the town, to let her get whatever perspective was needed.

Zeenat knew Dilshad, but she didn’t know Asad.

And the seeds of doubt against him were sown the day he chose not to trust her sister. So she had spent the entire afternoon ‘having the talk’. Zoya shuddered remembering.

No Aapi, I am not deluded to think that he would ‘change’ for me over night. I believe in him because I know, he is a good person who has recognised his mistake and is doing something to mend it. I believe in him because I know, there is no ulterior motive he holds in opening his dumb, awkward, shy heart to me. I have to give him a chance. I have to give myself a chance.”

Zeenat felt guilty pushing Zoya so much that she had to break into a long monologue like that. But what good be her Aapi if she made the same mistake twice. They’d been burned bad by Akram. She would never forgive herself if her child suffered again.

Zoya understood.

But no one understood what she understood.

If she were to lock up every memory, every moment, all the pain somewhere; she’d still remember him. Anywhere she was, he was. Everything was Asad.

She had deduced that as soon as she’d accepted her attraction for him. He was nowhere, then suddenly everywhere, whether she liked it or not.

No, she wasn’t deluded to think, even for a second, this was her choice to make. Her self-preservation told her not to seek approvals, that she could do better.

But she didn’t want better, did she? She wanted him, and that’s how she ended up standing in front of the very dargah she had ran to on the day of her forced nikaah.

Was it 'going to a shrine day' today? First Aapi, now him. And who invites a girl for a date here?!

Zoya had requested him not to pick her up and he didn’t want to push. He saw her standing near the tall gate at the entrance, staring up at the sky. Clad in all white, she glowed in the moonlight.

His stomach swarmed by butterflies; he looked at her like she was poetry in prose. Everyone around her moved faster, only she stood still, lulling the rest of the universe into a blur.

When he walked towards her, the space suddenly empty. When her eyes met his, the world quiet.

Her face was guarded, he could tell so was her heart tonight. He was hoping to change that.

“Hi” Zoya said, and the world started moving again. He heard all the voices and the overwhelming rush of people in the small bazaar at once.

“You look nice” he said and saw a wonderful blush spread on her skin. He watched, mesmerized. Crazy to think he almost didn’t say it and missed that.

“Shall we?” Asad gestured. Zoya followed him quietly. She still wasn’t sure why here?

They walked in silence and offered their prayers together – begged some, thanked some. Zoya opened her eyes to see him openly staring at her. She didn’t back down.

Neither of them moved their eyes away, even when he got up and signalled her to follow him. Matching the step with each other– there was a distance between them as they covered the path down the back alley. She’d been here multiple times but never this route. Her interest piqued.

An exact twenty-two minute quiet walk through the narrow streets later, they finally walked into a clearing. Something Zoya could only describe as one of the most beautiful sights in Bhopal she had ever seen. Apart from the man beside her, of course.

🌼 🌼 🌼

Smoke covered stars and the hazy shining moon reflected in the tiniest lake. Covered by unkempt shrubbery, there were wild flowers everywhere. Some ancient pedestal like structures made of red sandstone stood facing the lake, one higher than all others, Zoya noticed. Fireflies made their way twinkling in the night sky hiding in the overgrown grass at times.

It was chaotic, scary yet serene. Like him.

Before she could stop herself, she exclaimed, “What is this place?”

There was a smile in his voice, only she could hear “It’s a small abandoned area even many locals don’t know exist. One of the Nawab’s from the 1800's I think, had his tajposhi here, when he had to take the throne of his father in the middle of a war. I’ve heard that this area was chosen so there was just enough forest and just enough clearing” he said pointing towards the lake. Lake which was more of a puddle now.

“I imagine that was a much larger lake in the older times” Zoya said pointing at the same. Asad nodded.

“How did you even find it?” She had so many questions for him all of a sudden. What a cool hidden bizarre spot to know!

“Uh…” He seemed hesitant to answer at first, his armor in place. But one look at her expectant face, he answered sincerely “I used to run away from home, sometimes, when I was a teenager.”

And left it at that. The moral police breaking rules? Zoya almost burst from curiosity.

The space was dark, only the moon helped her tonight but she could see in the limited light that he was struggling. 

“And?” she nudged him in the right direction, sitting on one of the pedestals facing him, implying she was listening carefully.

“Ammi was struggling most times” his voice was tight, eyes glassy. Her heart squeezed in her chest. “When it hurt too much to see her like that, I came here seeking guidance” He turned around to regard the spiritual shrine at a close distance; his stare holding ghosts of the past.

He looked right into Zoya’s eyes not a second later, pinning her down “I’ve never brought anyone here.”

Those words filled her with an emotion she couldn’t even begin to classify. She filed it somewhere for now. She would go over every single detail of every single look and word later. 

Dissect it. Analyze it. Label it. Organize it. 

In the safety of her room, when his thoughts would consume her before sleep, she’d recall – the way his eyes grazed over her face when he confessed his truth, the way his words sounded like a song, like a prayer, like love.

“It’s beautiful” she managed to whisper back. He stood quiet.

Taking a seat opposite her on the old engraved stone, they watched over the small lake together for what seemed like forever. 

It wasn’t an awkward silence. It was the sound of comfort. Tranquility. They could still hear the faint chants of a qawwali mixed with the gentle ripples of water.

Zoya didn’t why or how, but suddenly her eyes were wet. 

In the moment, she held his hand gently, barely holding it. She thought about all the times a young troubled Asad had come here pleading his case to Allah Miyan. All those times, he might be in tears and these very qawwali’s, the divine hums had given him strength.

And for him to let her see such an intimate part of his life, his childhood, his scars… she knew it was intentional…he was telling her he trusted her…and it was something that stole her damned heart right out.

They talked some more, she asked some more, and for the first time, he answered.

The ice started melting.

🌼 🌼 🌼

{Song in title: Chandni Raat by Ali Sethi}

------------------------------------------------------

Wrote this one listening to one of my favorite songs ever ❤️✨

Also, fun fact: I was travelling with my family once and we did come across Akbar's tajposhi spot in some abandoned empty place. The red sandstones come from memory. The lake, fireflies, an Asad and a Zoya are however fictional :D

------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Vintage_flow - 1 years ago

This chapter was too good to be explained in words. How each sentences were put together and just in a right place to make it over all a marvelous piece. I truly admire how you write, it really reallyyyyy captivates my senses.

Okay, so I just read both of the chapters together and I must say, YOU ARE ONE PHENOMENAL WRITER. During the chapter of the date I could practically feel their voices inside my head! It was like a well polished scene from a top notch romance movie!

I can't think of words to describe the beauty and finesse of these chapters. 💖

Waiting for more from you!!

Edited by dreamxr - 1 years ago
Originally posted by lilysparkles

This chapter was too good to be explained in words. How each sentences were put together and just in a right place to make it over all a marvelous piece. I truly admire how you write, it really reallyyyyy captivates my senses.

*happy squeals* Thank you love ❤️ I sometimes worry if the next chapter might do justice to your amazing comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to write more 🌸