Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Have people been complaining about talentless nepo kids for a while now? Has it made any difference? 

The filmfare best actor award was split between Srk/Hrithik/BigB/ranbir for a 12 year period. If that’s not pandering I don’t know what is. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

The filmfare best actor award was split between Srk/Hrithik/BigB/ranbir for a 12 year period. If that’s not pandering I don’t know what is. 

Name these 12 year period. I will tell you more deserving performances. Once again because masses enjoyed a film I doubt anyone would agree they were deserving of best actress. I myself admit that for Kat. Many Salman Khan fans say so too. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Also it was split between two nepo kids. And oldies that have been already established for decades in Bollywood. Such a big pool. So much diversity. Have you seen anyone have a monopoly like this on it in Hollywood. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

There were def much better performances in Dhoom 2 in 2007. Once again because people go see a film does not mean they would agree it is the best film or the best performance. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Also it was split between two nepo kids. And oldies that have been already established for decades in Bollywood. Such a big pool. So much diversity. Have you seen anyone have a monopoly like this on it in Hollywood. 

I never said that indicated diversity. I said it indicated them giving awards to fan faves

Maroonporsche thumbnail

There were def much better performances in Dhoom 2 in 2007. Once again because people go see a film does not mean they would agree it is the best film or the best performance. 

I get that. But it was the most popular film of the year. So doesnt that indicate they give into public opinion 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I never said that indicated diversity. I said it indicated them giving awards to fan faves

My point is there is a selected few who get awards. And if it were a less insider entity no amount of fan pressure would make a difference. Thank you for saying you agree! 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

My point is there is a selected few who get awards. And if it were a less insider entity no amount of fan pressure would make a difference. Thank you for saying you agree! 

But the select few are well liked by fans (or were at the time of their wins). I mean they are bigger stars in BW than ND has been in Hollywood 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I get that. But it was the most popular film of the year. So doesnt that indicate they give into public opinion 

Once again I am sure there are many who go watch a full-fledged commercial film like Dhoom 2  due to escapism. But would agree it did not come close to being a great movie or having the best acting. Box office success alone does not indicate that people thought this person was award worthy. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Name these 12 year period. I will tell you more deserving performances. Once again because masses enjoyed a film I doubt anyone would agree they were deserving of best actress. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Actor#2000s

From 2000 -2012 ( So much wildness)