Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

And not really in the past films like Haidar, Udta Punjabi, Fashion won over bigger hits as you yourself said Bhai or Katrina starred in. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

It is in recent years they are nominating hits like Bhool Bhulaiya because they hardly have any hits. And for very good reason! ðŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Again in a voting award people were displeased with the nominations. They changed the nominations due to backlash. How many years has it been people have been complaining about nepo awards? Has it changed anything? 

maybe the complaints aren’t enough of a monetary value. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: greenletters

I would say to some extend the west care more about public opinion. I mean, yes there are nepo babies in hw, but I don't feel they are given chance upon chance or that every nepo kid even goes for acting. Of course, hw has always had nepo babies and I feel now there are more than before and it causes some decline. I also think hw knows what their audience wants and delivers just that! People here love remakes and big budget movies! I cannot speak the same for bw because it's been a shit show for years now.

Have people been complaining about talentless nepo kids for a while now? Has it made any difference? 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

maybe the complaints aren’t enough of a monetary value. 

Umm.. if you take into account how much trolling Bollywood has gotten for the past few years. It has not just been from the BJP its cell. It has been from genuinely displeased viewers and the correlation in the box office decline there is def a correlation. You can not miss it. It probably can not be measured in actual stats to prove my point by a preponderance of the evidence. But anyone who says they have not noticed the correlation is clearly lying. 

And it hasn't just been about awards. It has been on many fronts. It has to lead to no change at all. Again Hollywood taking complaints into consideration always helped them with the numbers. A smart business man is never arrogant to his viewers and says I have not taken a taka of launching outside talent. It is consumers that make the business run at the end of the day. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

It is in recent years they are nominating hits like Bhool Bhulaiya because they hardly have any hits. And for very good reason! ðŸ˜†

they nominated Dhoom 1 and 2 and learned the lesson for Dhoom 3 ðŸ˜†  

from 1994-1998 all best film awards went to top grosser. In 2000-2009 half of them also lol. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Umm.. if you take into account how much trolling Bollywood has gotten for the past few years. It has not just been from the BJP its cell. It has been from genuinely displeased viewers and the correlation in the box office decline there is def a correlation. You can not miss it. It probably can not be measured in actual stats to prove my point by a preponderance of the evidence. But anyone who says they have not noticed the correlation is clearly lying. 

I just don’t think Bollywood doesn’t care about fans when making/producing these award show. Look at who is invited and nominated. The actors say it’s all TRP. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

they nominated Dhoom 1 and 2 and learned the lesson for Dhoom 3 ðŸ˜†  

from 1994-1998 all best film awards went to top grosser. In 2000-2009 half of them also lol. 

Ok the top grosser for this year was Bhool Bhulaiya or Drishyam 2 let’s see if it gets best film. I wouldn’t mind that actually. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I just don’t think Bollywood doesn’t care about fans when making/producing these award show. Look at who is invited and nominated. The actors say it’s all TRP. 

Like I stated it isn’t just award shows. It is has been on a whole bunch of fronts.