Does the west care more about public opinion than Bollywood. - Page 11

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by greenletters

It's hard for me to say. I don't keep up with many nepos from hw, but I do watch people complain on youtube and such. Of course, youtube is not the yard stick for the average person and how the general public feel. However, the increase of nepotism doesn't seem to have any effect on what gets turned out. In my opinion I still think HW is miles ahead with or without nepo babies. If you want to consider the media influence of let's say the Kardashian/Jenners, then maybe you could argue the quality of reality and media has gone down. But I can't blame just one family for that. The use of social media and what is trendy is different than what should be put out in films and tv apps...it's hit or miss too. I do think that HW has better stories and such, even with a nepo baby, you can get loads better acting from hw (not always) than these bw babies who are shoved down your throat. 

Kardashians might have money. But I don’t have single white friend or Indian friend that doesn’t mock them for how the empire got built. It all started off with a s*x tape. So they might be meritless nepos, who make millions off an Instagram post, but that is ably pointed out. And no one in the media makes it a point to say they got ahead through meritocracy or defends them.

The only one from the family who generally the public seems to defend is Robert Kardashian in terms of merit. The guy was a talented lawyer. 

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

Kardashians might have money. But I don’t have single white friend or Indian friend that doesn’t mock them for how the empire got built. It all started off with a s*x tape. So they might be meritless nepos, who make millions off an Instagram post, but that is ably pointed out. And no one in the media makes it a point to say they got ahead through meritocracy or defends them.

The only one from the family who generally the public seems to defend is Robert Kardashian in terms of merit. The guy was a talented lawyer. 

True. And rightfully so. I wonder how this families dynamic would be if he were alive today?

Originally posted by greenletters

True. And rightfully so. I wonder how this families dynamic would be if he were alive today?

Yeah, that is a good point. Keeping up with the Kardashians would probably not have happened. Since no lawyer would want cameras around them all the time. I wonder that too. 

Other than that. Kim Kardashian became a sensation overnight because he boyfriend allegedly released a sex tape. But friends say the mom has admitted it was her for marketing purposes. Again not a lot of intellect is required after they became known entities they got a reality show. Because of that now their makeup product sells so much or they have so much social media influence they get 1 million dollars to advertise a product in a post. One genuinely does wonder how much labor is making a post. A secretary in an office probably works harder. So that is another reason people look down on them. It is not inspirational on how they got where they got. 

Nepotism is a part of it. Again the OJ Simson trial made Robert Kardashian a star in the legal world. And in the beginning, a major part of their money or marketing came off his name. But there is far more to it than nepotism due to which they are looked down upon. It is just a part of it a much more complex issue there. 

But Kylie Jenner did come up with her own makeup line. I can't say that didn't take any talent since I credit Kat for hers. You do have to make good products. Again I don't care how known is brand is if the makeup irritates my skin. She is worth more than Kim and never resorted to the tapes. So they deserve some credit for meritocracy. But as whole, I don't know anyone who says Kardashians are their idols. People watch keeping up with the Kardashians for the same reason they watch big boss. It is free drama, and entertainment. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

Different cultures have different ways of ...

Handling different types of discrimination.

The west have these problems at various levels, and India has them too. 👍🏼

Nepotism here in India is more complicated ...

Due to some demographic & socio-political factors. 

Originally posted by rckRadhe

Different cultures have different ways of ...

Handling different types of discrimination.

The west have these problems at various levels, and India has them too. 👍🏼

Nepotism here in India is more complicated ...

Due to some demographic & socio-political factors. 

I concur with this. Some issues are everywhere 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago

Did the title of this thread get changed or am i imagining?😳

Thread is clearly indicating some semblance of nepotism in public opinion 

Quote_Grumpydwarf24

(cough.. cough Jhanvi). Is that why Bollywood is experiencing a downfall? 😃