Ranveer and Deepika, the biggest flop couple since Abhishek/Aishwarya? - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

Not really as a whole the Deepika Ranveer pairing onscreen was a lot more successful for SLB than the profits Aloo got him for Gangubai. Gangubai was not in the top 50. Two SLB films with Ranveer/Deepika are. But Ram Leela was a huge hit for its time. Gangubai is a moderate success at best. I do not care much for Ranveer anymore after he ruined the award season for me.

I have a feeling Abhishek will this time around. Aloo arguably deserves the award she will be getting. But it would have been great to see her step aside and let someone like Tabu have their moment. 

top 5O movies .png 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Indian_films

Here is a link to the list. 

12. Padamavat 

33. Bajrao Mastani 

Gangubai is nowhere to be found. Nor is Ram Leela. 

But Ram Leela budget: 88 crore.

Lifetime collection: 201.4 crore

Gangubai: budget 160 crore

Lifetime collection: 211 crore. 

Which film was more profitable for SLB? I think I have made my point. 

All the movies they have done together are hits 

In fact, Aish - Abhi starrer films have been hit/done decent business. Guru is a rare hit in Ab Jr's filmography. 

When you wanna instigate people with your posts but you fall flat on your face because you haven't researched enough ðŸ˜†

Trolling is an art, sabki bas ki cheez nahi hein ye 

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

Not really as a whole the Deepika Ranveer pairing onscreen was a lot more successful for SLB than the profits Aloo got him for Gangubai. Gangubai was not in the top 50. Two SLB films with Ranveer/Deepika are. But Ram Leela was a huge hit for its time. Gangubai is a moderate success at best. I do not care much for Ranveer anymore after he ruined the award season for me.

I have a feeling Abhishek will this time around. Aloo arguably deserves the award she will be getting. But it would have been great to see her step aside and let someone like Tabu have their moment. 

top 5O movies .png 

Film could have done more if it were released with 100% occupancy. Tabu can get awards in future too but Alia should get these award this year as who knows, she may stop acting!😛( Who knows behind the scenes about Orthodox Neetu Kapoor?🤢😆)

Originally posted by Lostsoul11

Film could have done more if it were released with 100% occupancy. Tabu can get awards in future too but Alia should get these award this year as who knows, she may stop acting!😛( Who knows behind the scenes about Orthodox Neetu Kapoor?🤢😆)

If people want to see a film they will go see a film. Plenty of punjabi films broke tradional records with 50% occupancy. Some did better than most films with 100% occupancy do in Punjab. Chal Mera Putt 3 or honsla rakh. Same goes for South movies. No Aloo is not quitting acting. They if anything have already stated that RK will take the break and Aloo will continue working. It has been years and Tabu is yet to win best actress popular. But again you can at least argue she was the best performance in somewhat commercial success. A lot more deserving then Ranveer last year. 

The same cannot be stated for Abhishek on OTT releases. 

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

If people want to see a film they will go see a film. Plenty of punjabi films broke tradional records with 50% occupancy. Some did better than most films with 100% occupancy do in Punjab. Chal Mera Putt 3 or honsla rakh. Same goes for South movies. No Aloo is not quitting acting. They if anything have already stated that RK will take the break and Aloo will continue working. It has been years and Tabu is yet to win best actress popular. But again you can at least argue she was the best performance in somewhat commercial success. A lot more deserving then Ranveer last year. 

The same cannot be stated for Abhishek on OTT releases. 

Idc who wins the award. Personally, I loved Gangubai more. Also, theatres were anyway not functioning properly. Gangubai wasn't a masala movie that people would rush to theatres ( when omicron was going to be on peak i.e during Feb). It dealt with a sensitive topic & imo did well with 50% occupancy. 

Regarding acting career, we don't know behind the scenes matter. Kapoor family never liked working DILs. If what RK said is true, then that's a great thing🥳

Originally posted by priya185

This is rubbish. Deepika Ranveer are not a flop couple they gave 3 hit films together. 

agree

Originally posted by atominis

LMAO! They have hits like Ram Leela, Bajirao Mastani, Padmavat together. How are they biggest flop? 83 and Cirkus flopping now does not mean couple has 100% flop record.

Waise I must say films with real life married couples do not do well as they have no novelty factor. Nor is there any sexual tension between them to entice audience.

I didn't know that you get enticed by sexual tension between couples on screen. 

Originally posted by priya185

This is rubbish. Deepika Ranveer are not a flop couple they gave 3 hit films together. 

+1

Hi Newbie, do you REALLY have ANY idea about the couple? You may see the public (media/movies) surface but that's all.

What kind of judgement is based on this surface? - a superficial one, I suppose.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago