Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Hirani is an easy win here. Imti is a distant second. 

I was thinking Kashyap but then I realized his third film was No Smoking. Kashyap is on a much higher plane of filmmaking than these guys though. Motwane too, though it's not to my personal taste. 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Hirani wins by miles.

Barjatya is up there too, by literally creating a genre and changing the Hindi Cinema for the next couple of decades.

Bhansali and Zoya come at a distant third.

Farhan started off well but his Don reduced to nothing but an attempt to worship Shahrukh fandom.

Oh yeah Kashyap and Motwane school of movies. They are at another level but they somehow don’t belong in the general commercial scene of Hindi Cinema.:(

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Farhan started off well but his Don reduced to nothing but an attempt to worship Shahrukh fandom.

General problem with SRK and all his films for a long while now. 

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

I would also include Dibakar Banerjee to the list - Khosla Ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye and Love, Sex aur Dhokha (they were all critically acclaimed movies and I believe they were profitable as well). 

From the options provided - I would say Imitiaz Ali and Zoya Akhtar. For Rajkumar Hirani - Munnabhai MBBS was amazing but I found Lage Raho Munnabhai to be too preachy. 3 Idiots was really good as well albeit certain scenes.