Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Yes Jazz, the family was right (it clearly was self-defence - and Anju even didn't want to kill the boy, just destroy the video).

Nevertheless, the family would in no way have gotten justice exactly because of the mother and the lack of proof.

You're also right that the mother knew of the criminal nature of her son but the kind of person she is and especially her powerful rank in the police hierachy would have destroyed the family because even her husband was far too weak to hinder her to take (a false) revenge.

Okay, wat_up, I see...this scene is a bit changed in comparison to the Malayalam movie as I cannot watch the Hindi Version yet. There, the whole family and the police are all in one room and first the father is beaten and then Anju intensely threatened by the mother to make her or the father talk. In any way, both scenes are of an unbelievable cruelty and one wants just to rush to help them. The investigator in the original version also doesn't hinder the mother to torture Anju.

I think, the mother's rage had become even more intense when knowing what her son wanted to do to the girl because she can't cope at all with her own failure in the education of her son. At least the father accepts his failure as a father. If Anju's intelligent, dedicated and smart father had not learned so much through the movies about police procedures and misuse of power, the mother would have crushed the family under the heels of her police boots.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Nice discussion going on here, thanks to Clochette, on the only BW movie of the year which had some pulp to it. It had so many layers but all clearly explained, well thought out and laid for the viewers to enjoy without feeling like they were being taken for a ride. Kudos to the writer, editor and screenplay of the director. 

The Hindi version made a few changes and the editing was crispier than the OG. They cut off a few things and the actors brought in their own depth as well which makes it a completely satisfying watch in itself despite having watched the OG. Tabu and Akshay were a bit more enigmatic and cruel I felt which added another dimension to the story. Also Ajay looked a little less vulnerable, I felt, compared to the OG Mohanlal. But what remained is the core, the father’s rock solid dedication towards his family, his determination to go to any lengths for them and his extraordinary intellect. I loved how Ajay doesn’t even give so much of an angry eye to his wife when they find out how she had been made a fool of by the neighboring lady(police in disguise), even though we as the audience may have felt like doing much more than that to her.lol

The best thing about the movie is how it reiterates about crime being crime and in the end one will have to pay for it some way or the other. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Nice discussion going on here, thanks to Clochette, on the only BW movie of the year which had some pulp to it. It had so many layers but all clearly explained, well thought out and laid for the viewers to enjoy without feeling like they were being taken for a ride. Kudos to the writer, editor and screenplay of the director. 

The Hindi version made a few changes and the editing was crispier than the OG. They cut off a few things and the actors brought in their own depth as well which makes it a completely satisfying watch in itself despite having watched the OG. Tabu and Akshay were a bit more enigmatic and cruel I felt which added another dimension to the story. Also Ajay looked a little less vulnerable, I felt, compared to the OG Mohanlal. But what remained is the core, the father’s rock solid dedication towards his family, his determination to go to any lengths for them and his extraordinary intellect. I loved how Ajay doesn’t even give so much of an angry eye to his wife when they find out how she had been made a fool of by the neighboring lady(police in disguise), even though we as the audience may have felt like doing much more than that to her.lol

The best thing about the movie is how it reiterates about crime being crime and in the end one will have to pay for it some way or the other. 

Yes they must have changed the scene I was talking on because I was confused when the topic maker says that the wife and kids weren’t tortured. I never saw the other version’s so to be what I saw in the Hindi versions is what I can discuss !!  And I agree the characters had great depth and yes Tabu and Akshay Khanna were heartless !! It be one thing if they didn’t know what led to the crime but they knew and still were heartless so I understood why Ajay did what he did to cover it up instead of having his daughter confess !! 

Clochette thumbnail

Sorry, if the not-knowledge of the HIndi version makes some of my writing misleading. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the movie streaming on a platform (hopefully available to me).

Nevertheless, what you write, svat, is so very apt...it's the core that makes the movie such an impressive one: the depth of the characters (even  surrounding ones), the construction of the story, the human relations, the balance between what hurts and what is lovable, the different views on what dedication can bring along, the subject of crime and punishment and also how movies can really be educative.

I deeply loved the connection between movies as such and this movie, especially that the protagonist made his living out of supporting to watch movies using his technical knowledge (which he also used to observe the police station and to forbid his family to speak about the homicide in the house). Eventually, he saved the family through a movie-story (the script for a movie he allegedly wants to do, but did in his real life).

wat_up thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Sorry, if the not-knowledge of the HIndi version makes some of my writing misleading. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the movie streaming on a platform (hopefully available to me).

Nevertheless, what you write, svat, is so very apt...it's the core that makes the movie such an impressive one: the depth of the characters (even  surrounding ones), the construction of the story, the human relations, the balance between what hurts and what is lovable, the different views on what dedication can bring along, the subject of crime and punishment and also how movies can really be educative.

I deeply loved the connection between movies as such and this movie, especially that the protagonist made his living out of supporting to watch movies using his technical knowledge (which he also used to observe the police station and to forbid his family to speak about the homicide in the house). Eventually, he saved the family through a movie-story (the script for a movie he allegedly wants to do, but did in his real life).

I do hope you get to see the Hindi version, at times writers keep the core of the movie but change certain things !! Like as someone mentioned Ajay wasn’t deterred by the police but a step ahead !! As he knew he wasn’t totally free until the courts said so or until the body was discovered!! The father of the boy was reasonable and understood what others were going through and why they did what they did. Plus, it was never the girls intention to hit their son but to break the phone with the video which could have ruined her reputation. Though even had she hit the son in my opinion it be justified As he was trying to get intimate with her mom( so disgusting) so it could be self defense as well!!  Regardless the boys mother even though a woman herself could not see that but only her grief and was abusing her powers!! 

Clochette thumbnail

I fortunately could watch Drishyam with Ajay on Netflix so that I got a feeling because of the performances what may be Drishyam 2 as Hindi film.

What you described, wat_up, I saw in the same way. And I'm sure that I will love the Hindi version as much as the original one.

wat_up thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I fortunately could watch Drishyam with Ajay on Netflix so that I got a feeling because of the performances what may be Drishyam 2 as Hindi film.

What you described, wat_up, I saw in the same way. And I'm sure that I will love the Hindi version as much as the original one.

my question should they make Drishyam 3 ? I mean to see what years later is going on ? Or leave it as the family got the ashes and Ajay and their family now got peace to lead their lives !! Or I guess I wanted to see Akshay Khannas role explored more or Vijays character on his movie plot/novel  lol which was close to the crime they committed but some things changed in the novel as it was a boy accidentally hitting another boy and then the father covering up the crime!! I mean do you think Tabu is really satisfied with the outcome ? I think she still wants revenge 🤔 and not to see them on their merry way !! Just thoughts on my mind , but naturally some movies don’t need many sequels as it ruins the novelty. It was just after a long time I seen Akshay Khanna do a role that justifies his talent like in Race1 he stole the show over said Ali khan imo !! 

Clochette thumbnail

At the end of D2, the father is aware and also says to his wife, that they may not live in peace all the way (and that it would be their kind of atonement.

I don't think that Jeethu Joseph (the writer) had or has a D3 in mind...and I don't think that the father really wanted to make a movie himself - he just needed the script (as if he would make one).

However, I agree that the dead boy's mother would still want to destroy the family and doesn't feel a closure. A closure may only be reached if the boy's mother dies. So, maybe, there is scope for a sequal as she has the means to harm the family.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The will be Drishyam 3, that has been confirmed by everyone. Hindi director and  Jeetu Joseph.

In a recent interview with The Cue Entertainment, director Jeethu Joseph revealed that there are no plans to release Mohanlal and Ajay Devgn's versions of Drishyam 3 together. According to the hitmaker, he has not even kickstarted the scripting of Mohanlal's Drishyam 3, and the discussions on the storyline are still on. The director will start writing the film only after wrapping up his next outing Ram. Jeethu Joseph also added that the makers of the Malayalam version have not even discussed the possibilities of a common release date with the Hindi production team. 

In the interview, director Jeethu Joseph also revealed that he has an idea about the climax of Mohanlal's Drishyam 3, which will be the final part of the franchise. However, the filmmaker is not able to develop a solid storyline so far as he is busy with his other professional commitments. According to Jeethu, the Drishyam 3 Malayalam version is still in the budding stage and has no chance to start rolling anytime soon. However, he added that the project is definitely on cards, and will happen at the right time. Both Mohanlal and Jeethu Joseph are not interested in making the third installment just for the sake of it but want things to fall in place organically.

wat_up thumbnail

Good to know they thinking on another part as that’s been on my mind that one more part is needed !!  As I want to see Tabu and esp Akshay Khannas character as to why he his the way he is and  more on him and on the background on Tabus kid ( as to why he is so spoilt and mean ) what he did was disgusting and maybe he still alive as the body wasn’t his they found and how do we know those ashes were the kids !! It’s a movie who knows as they say expect the unexpected wow I got so many ideas in case they use any hope to be credited lol 

Edited by wat_up - 1 years ago