Drishyam2 - reviews + discussion - with spoilers

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

As I really would like to have discussions about this movie, I dare to make this thread...

I copy three quotes from the Drishyam2 review thread to start:

Originally posted by: wat_up

the scene where they were interrogating  his wife n kids was wrong esp these were male police n the law as I know in india unles it’s a female officer they can’t slap or hit them!! Plus the youngest kid/child as nothing todo with the crime !! Even though the mom/daughter(older one) are the reason the crime happened but they suspect Ajay so did not make sense why hitting and torturing them just to get his confession !! 🤐still the little kid being harassed made no sense and Akshay Khanna not stopping them bothered me!! But I liked his  acting 

What_up, do you talk about the hitting in the first Drishyam movie or this one...because in Drishyam 2 it's only the father who gets beaten up, but the girl (who is ill) gets frightens so much that she gets a seizure

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

The only reason I couldnt like Akshay Khanna’s character was because at one point when Tabu, Rajat Kaput and Akshay Khanna’s characters were discussing on Ajay’s confession, Tabu was biased which is expected as mother of the killed person, Rajat’s character was consistent, shown as humane and easy going. But I expected Akshay to remind everyone that whatever be the case, the teenager boy was actually also a criminal. smiley11 The fact that everyone was holding the entire family responsible did not gel well with me.

Originally posted by: snatch

how can he say the teenage boy was a criminal ? on what basis ? the audience know the truth but the police don't. ok, lets assume he knew the truth why would he make such a statement before the parents about their dead son and give some wrong impression about the investigation. 

i think the writing was alright.

The parents only get to know (in Drishyam1) that their son made videos of the girls in the shower/bath (his friend tells them, but only to the parents). So, no, nobody knows what the boy wanted to do to the girl/mother, neither the parents nor Akshaye Khanna's character. It's only through the undercover cops that they get to know more about what happened.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

As I really would like to have discussions about this movie, I dare to make this thread...

What_up, do you talk about the hitting in the first Drishyam movie or this one...because in Drishyam 2 it's only the father who gets beaten up, but the girl (who is ill) gets frightens so much that she gets a seizure

The parents only get to know (in Drishyam1) that their son made videos of the girls in the shower/bath (his friend tells them, but only to the parents). So, no, nobody knows what the boy wanted to do to the girl/mother, neither the parents nor Akshaye Khanna's character. It's only through the undercover cops that they get to know more about what happened.

When Tabu asks him to make sure about the video matter not coming out Akshay’s character assures her that it won’t since even Ajay seems to be not too keen on letting it out since it involved his daughter, which means he is fully aware of the entire backstory.

About the torturing the family part, yes it was pretty criminal of the police to use such underhand methods of involving the family to extract confessions but it happens in real life also world over, dark side of the Police! :(

Clochette thumbnail

svat, I just rewatched the part to verify...all they knew was that the son wanted to threaten Anju to share the video he'd taken...he only said to Alex (his friend) that he would not do it at once, he wanted to do something else before (but he didn't say that he wanted to meet Anju to have sex with her).

In the sequel, the investigating officer gets to know that Anju killed the boy and why because the mother tells it to the neighbouring woman. (I refer to the Malayalam movies but I think, it's the same with Ajay's movie).

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

svat, I just rewatched the part to verify...all they knew was that the son wanted to threaten Anju to share the video he'd taken...he only said to Alex (his friend) that he would not do it at once, he wanted to do something else before (but he didn't say that he wanted to meet Anju to have sex with her).

In the sequel, the investigating officer gets to know that Anju killed the boy and why because the mother tells it to the neighbouring woman. (I refer to the Malayalam movies but I think, it's the same with Ajay's movie).

even if they knew only the video part, they know enough that their son was disgusting criminal, potential rapist(becoz he films bathing girl for his pleasure) n anju would've been totally justified if she would've intentionally hurted him or killed him becoz he made her video. It's wrong according to law but logically n morally anju is right if she intentionally kills him

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for making this thread. 

Parents and police knew what the dead son did. It was understandable Tabu wants revenge and the dad wanted to let it go, but it was unwise to show Akshay’s character to comment at that scene. It’s also understandable he wants to take a side, but remaining silent and not adding fuel to Tabu’s unfair revenge emotions would have been an wiser option. 🤔

I wished it was just mentioned or taken into consideration even once. However, this series got closure now. Part 2 is more fascinating that the 1st one. 

Edited by prerna4rishav - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

Absolutely agree with you, prerna, that one wants the father to say something about the criminal nature of Tabu's son - at least at part 1. But after having watched part 2 (already one year ago the Malayalam one), I could understand that he had to keep mum about the incident as he already had in mind to protect his family through the story he had told to the famous scriptwriter. It was like a kind of - in hindsight - obvious try to keep the police away from torturing his family furthermore.

This movie is like a novel put on screen in two movies, only that it is better to tell it in two movies because of the gap of six years that are only explained near the end.

No definitely no chance to tell, he himself, something about the son except what he told knowing that the parents very well knew about the nature of their son as he knew what the police got to know through his wife.

The father is extremely smart...oh, I like so so much in this movie-story!

Yes, I made it because I saw, no other member did it...but I would like it to be put as a sticked one. as I really find that it is worth of discussion (both the parts, btw.). What have I to do to get it sticked?

Clochette thumbnail

Jazz, I think that you are right...and wrong...

The problem is that he was the son of such a mother we saw in the movie...the family wouldn't have had any chance to get acquitted because the only proof was the video (which got destroyed completely). In addition, there had been no witness to what happened between the son and the girl and her mother. Also I guess that Alex would not have gotten the chance to utter one word about the video to somebody else than the parents...

Clochette thumbnail

Hi Minion Boss, I wanted to ask if one could stick this thread at the place where also the film thread is...

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Jazz, I think that you are right...and wrong...

The problem is that he was the son of such a mother we saw in the movie...the family wouldn't have had any chance to get acquitted because the only proof was the video (which got destroyed completely). In addition, there had been no witness to what happened between the son and the girl and her mother. Also I guess that Alex would not have gotten the chance to utter one word about the video to somebody else than the parents...

my point is not that how will they prove anything. My point is that tabu knew that her son was disgusting criminal, potential rapist n anju was totally justified still she was so harsh on the family. N she said 'especially anju ko saza milni chahiye. Uski wajah se mera beta nai h' like seriously? She very well knew that it was her son who did wrong to anju not vice versa. Why? She knew that her son got karma. He deserved it. The family was totally right

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I’m talking on drishyam 2 only !! When Akshay is trying to get the confession and in the other room is his wife and kids !! And Tabu is their with them and other male constable/police and they do hit the women and am vijay( played by Ajay) is pleading with Akshay Khanna that his daughter as epilepsy but Akshay Khanna says he brought it upon himself regarding his daughter and he ends up confessing seeing them in the other room being tortured!!