Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Oh I didn't realize I was ranting

I still don't understand what you're saying

But I will try and maintain this forum's decorum 

She started own channel to feature shows that are according to her Christian beliefs... She has the right, right? If anyone doesn't like it don't watch her channel

People here were lamenting that India is still homophobic and how it will take time to change and that's why I said even President Obama was homophobic (by today's standards) not long ago, then he changed and was instrumental in changing marriage laws in America

Bold - And who is disagreeing with that?

And anyone who doesn't like her opinion or her channel also has the right to call her out on it. You, OTOH, were calling those opinions a demand to submit. Yeah, it was a rant.

LGBTQ marriage, non-discrimination in any endeavor, treatment with respect, dignity: YES!

Treading on someone else's existence, rights, safety, and sexualizing children: NO!

The above is my opinion. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

^^^

I was calling to submit? 

No I was calling out the vitriolic nature of their attack, at least that's what I thought...

Okay,  thank you for calmly explaining it to me

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Well i watched his last movie Doctor G in theaters and it was by far the worst movie i've seen in a theater. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

Well i watched his last movie Doctor G in theaters and it was by far the worst movie i've seen in a theater. 

Hes gotten worse at acting ðŸ˜†

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I’ve had the misfortune of watching some of his last few movies and honestly, they were BAD. Also, serious question - how many countries can you say are truly not homophobic? You may have gay icons in the west, but how many out and proud footballers can you think of that play in the world famous English Premier League?

Chocru thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Homophobia has existed in India from ancient times just as it existed in the rest of the world. 

But tell me why temples had homosexual art on them if it was banned? Temples and sculptures were way of educating back then, so why educate masses about everything then?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chocru

But tell me why temples had homosexual art on them if it was banned? Temples and sculptures were way of educating back then, so why educate masses about everything then?

My best guess would be same as best guess about art in Europe which predates the temples in India in fact, which also depicted homosexuality.

1. It existed, so they portrayed 

2. Those in the arts, such as sculptors, tend to be more accepting of differences 

Fact is we can't deny that there is prejudice documented in text against queer people, including laws. Manu Smriti, Dharmashastra, Arthashastra, Mahabharata are all ancient texts. 

In Europe, if there was an Aristotle who argued in favor, there was Plato who wanted to ban. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The usual suspects trying to use the opportunity to spew their hateful rhetoric. 🤡

Chocru thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

My best guess would be same as best guess about art in Europe which predated the temples in India in fact, which also depicted homosexuality.

1. It existed, so they portrayed 

2. Those in the arts, such as sculptors, tend to be more accepting of differences 

Fact is we can't deny that there is prejudice documented in text against queer people, including laws. Manu Smriti, Dharmashastra, Arthashastra, Mahabharata are all ancient texts. 

In Europe, if there was an Aristotle who argued in favor, there was Plato who wanted to ban. 

Art doesn't come for greater public viewing without patronage. Sculpures and drawings might be from the artist but the monies are from patrons and they did not refuse the exhibition to masses.

I am not saying we aren't homophobes but certain contradictory evidence also exists which says some are okay with it too.

hai....HMR debate kar rahi hai....lagta hai ye topic super hit hone wala hai...

Phir Hera Pheri Paisa Hi Paisa Hoga GIF - Phir Hera Pheri Paisa Hi Paisa  Hoga Raju - Discover & Share GIFs