Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Candace Cameron Bure moved away from HW, even Hallmark Channel and started her own channel which represents her values

And the attack from that mob has been vitriolic 

There's no escaping them... Only complete submission and subservience will do

Actually if they think you've questioned any one of their rules (which keeps changing every day) even that's not enough, only your complete destruction will do...

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Candace Cameron Bure moved away from HW, even Hallmark Channel and started her own channel which represents her values

Actually if they think you've questioned any one of their rules (which keeps changing every day) even that's not enough, only your complete destruction will do...

Isnt that girl saying some homo phobic things ? 

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Isnt that girl saying some homo phobic things ? 

What did she say?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Which Bollywood movie with themes of LGBTQ has worked at the box office? I can only recall Kapoor & Sons, and that movie was barely about homosexuality. 

Although the TV serial Shakti which had an LGBT lead was a TRP topper. Also Akshay Kumar's Laxmmi which was an OTT film got high viewership on television. Even though both movie and the show were shit in quality. 

I suppose the original Tamil film Kanchana was also a success, but no Bollywood film based on this theme has worked in theaters AFAIK. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This makes no sense.

How exactly is gay marriage impacting your right as a straight person?

Cameron whoever is entitled to her opinion, but her opinion doesn't get precedence over other people's right to live with dignity. 

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This makes no sense.

How exactly is gay marriage impacting your right as a straight person?

Cameron whoever is entitled to her opinion, but her opinion doesn't get precedence over other people's right to live with dignity. 

Are you saying that starting her own TV channel is wrong?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Are you saying that starting her own TV channel is wrong?

No.

But you're ranting about Obama being against gay marriage before and other people criticizing Cameron. 

If she's entitled to an opinion, so is everyone else. 

Moreover, LGBTQ marriages don't take away in any way, shape, or form from heterosexual marriages. You get to have an opinion it is wrong, but you don't get to ban it. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Birdie, I agree that SOME "knowledge is inferential" ... it depends (like so many things/experiences).

I still bet that Karan isn't "widely admired" (which doesn't lessen the power he has in the Hindi filmindustry). I think, there was a time when he was admired but (imo) he destroyed this image through his powerplays and also through his KWK-clangers.

Basically, what is he? A (still closeted) gay filmmaker with two kids through surrogacy, a loooot of connections and certain aspirations...with a production house that wants to be as prominent as YRF and a production departement that he's built as a "talent pool".

I respect Karan for his work but in no way for his shenanigans.

arre bhai mere, kyoon bal ki khaal utar rahe ho.😆 Whether you believe he is widely admired or not, the main point is that people have no prejudice against him because of his sexual proclivities. Do you? Does anyone here? Anyone you know? NO!  All that stuff about India being homophobic is just gobbledygook. Woke gobbledygook. 😉😆

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

No.

But you're ranting about Obama being against gay marriage before and other people criticizing Cameron. 

If she's entitled to an opinion, so is everyone else. 

Moreover, LGBTQ marriages don't take away in any way, shape, or form from heterosexual marriages. You get to have an opinion it is wrong, but you don't get to ban it. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Oh I didn't realize I was ranting

I still don't understand what you're saying

But I will try and maintain this forum's decorum 

She started own channel to feature shows that are according to her Christian beliefs... She has the right, right? If anyone doesn't like it don't watch her channel

People here were lamenting that India is still homophobic and how it will take time to change and that's why I said even President Obama was homophobic (by today's standards) not long ago, then he changed and was instrumental in changing marriage laws in America

Bold - And who is disagreeing with that?