It is time for the biggest tournament in the football world!
But as the tournament is on, what is it without a little fun? It is time for Golden Player of FIFA World Cup 2022.
The game is quite simple. Everyday there is 1 to 4 matches. Then there is the Top 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals, and then the final. You can get points for predicting each of the following and points will be awarded as follows:
- 2 points for correctly predicting each game’s winner
- 2 points for correctly predicting a tie in the starting matches (before Top 16 round)
- 10 points for each correct Top 16 prediction (this must be provided by Nov 24 10 PM EST)
- 3 points for correctly predicting each Top 16 game’s winner
- 20 points each for correctly predicting the Top 2 (this must be provided by Dec 3 10 PM EST)
- 4 points for correctly predicting each quarter final game’s winner
- 5 points for correctly predicting each semi-finale game’s winners
- 6 points for correctly predicting third place play off winner and finale winner
- 20 points for correctly predicting the Golden Ball of the season (this must be provided by Dec 3 10 PM EST)
- 20 points for correctly predicting the Golden Glove of the season (this must be provided by Dec 3 10 PM EST)
- 20 points for correctly predicting the Golden Boot of the season (this must be provided by Dec 3 10 PM EST)
Each game’s prediction is to be provided by 10 PM EST the night before the game. If you don’t predict then we simply will give you a 0 that round. You can predict for as many games as you want. Any dates not provided above, fall in this category.
- All your predictions are to be PMed to MinionBoss as per deadlines noted above.
- No points are deducted if you make a wrong prediction.
Sound interesting? Sign up below to be part of the tournament by Nov 18th 11:59 PM IST!
Tags - oye_nakhrewaali
Q&A and Sign-up - la_ReineEdited by MinionBoss - 3 days ago
Anyone is free to play, just ask in this thread to be signed up. :) Remember to send in your predictions to MinionBoss for Qatar v Ecuador before Saturday 19 November 10PM EST (That's Sunday 20th November 8:30AM IST).
Sign up ends on Nov 18th 11:59 PM IST!
All information you need regarding FIFA can be found here:Edited by la_Reine - 7 days ago
Q: Do I need to have knowledge about football to play this game?
A: Somewhat, but not entirely. It's a pretty simple and easy game, and you can find all the information you need on the FIFA website (provided in the post above).
Q What is EST?
EST is Eastern Standard Time (USA). It is 10.5 hours behind IST (Indian Standard Time), and 5 hours behind GMT.
Q: Can I still get a point if there's a tie?
A: In case of a tie, only those who correctly predicted a tie will get the points.
Q: Can I send in my predictions for matches earlier than the night before?
A: You can send earlier if you want. The dates provided are deadlines only. You can send predictions of matches and even winners earlier on.Edited by la_Reine - 10 days ago
IMP NOTE: Please note that I'm on vacation from 16th Nov to 22nd Nov. As such, Hinna (la_Reine) will be filling in for me: answering questions, posting deets on the games being played that day, and updating the sign-up list. If she is unable to answer your question, she'll let me know and when I come online I will answer your question. Please be patient for a week and then I'll be back in full force on 23rd Nov.Edited by MinionBoss - 11 days ago
Topic started by MinionBoss
Last replied by LazyBiing