mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Anyone seen this movie?

I LOVED IT!

It made me think, and though it is typical eccentric Vishal Bhardwaj fare and very dark, it has a core meaning attached to it. It is about the dark side of relationships, and black humour at its best.

Experimental and noir fare, I think it's severely underrated.

Priyanka's performance is MAGNIFICENT. Loved it! I think this is actually her best performance in the history of her career.

Anyone seen this movie?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minty Ji ko inkay bholay-pannay ki wajah say sou khoon maaf. 

😃

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It starts strong but it doesn't really go anywhere. The key of the story is that we never really know if Susannah murdered these men, nor do we see too deeply into her. He also really reduces the character from a maybe sociopath to a victim trying to get out of her circumstances. 

Not sure why Vishal toned down the humor either. The premise is bizarre, so it needed the humor to see it through. 

Priyanka is stunning in the film though. One of the best Bollywood performances ever. I wish the industry had more directors like Vishal who could fully utilize her. 

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: semantic.error

It starts strong but it doesn't really go anywhere. The key of the story is that we never really know if Susannah murdered these men, nor do we see too deeply into her. He also really reduces the character from a maybe sociopath to a victim trying to get out of her circumstances. 

Not sure why Vishal toned down the humor either. The premise is bizarre, so it needed the humor to see it through. 

Priyanka is stunning in the film though. One of the best Bollywood performances ever. I wish the industry had more directors like Vishal who could fully utilize her. 

Disclaimer : I haven't read the actual book

But that is the better part, I thought. Not dwelling too much into what she was in her mind, otherwise murders of 7 husbands would have been  too much to take with the audience having to invest in all stories. I liked the psycopath-victim narrative too, the movie itself doesnt pass a judgement, it is kind of left to us. It is kinda like do what you will..with it. I mean as is, dwelling into Irrfan's story itself was pretty intense, so was John's. 

Also I thought she actually does kill all of them, I mean I never thought otherwise. 

ETA: Music was brilliant and criminally underrated is this one

https://youtu.be/MMILKVYhxVw

Edited by TheekThaak - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Disclaimer : I haven't read the actual book

But that is the better part, I thought. Not dwelling too much into what she was in her mind, otherwise murders of 7 husbands would have been  too much to take with the audience having to invest in all stories. I liked the psycopath-victim narrative too, the movie itself doesnt pass a judgement, it is kind of left to us. It is kinda like do what you will..with it. I mean as is, dwelling into Irrfan's story itself was pretty intense, so was John's. 

Also I thought she actually does kill all of them, I mean I never thought otherwise. 

ETA: Music was brilliant and criminally underrated is this one

https://youtu.be/MMILKVYhxVw

Re-reading, I think my wording doesn't make any sense ðŸ˜† 

I meant to say that in the story, you don't really know if she commits the murders. There's a general psychopath edge to her. She doesn't kill the husbands because of serious reasons like the movie, she kills them just cause. 

I think the movie kind of gets lost trying to give her reasons for the murders and softening her into a semi-victim. 

Love the music though. Even Usha Uthup was having so much fun in the movie. ðŸ˜†