Why did Aishwarya Rai not win the Filmfare for Sarbjit? - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by Briaahna

Cos she literally sucked in the movie πŸ™

Most movies

Originally posted by kingkhan22

I didn't knew filmfare introduced a new category of 

"most cringe worthy unbearable over acting with utter artificial torturous shrill dialogue delivery of a female lead".

Ash totally deserved it with no shadow of doubt, for Sarbjit. 

Did she win that ?? 

Is this some reverse psychology or troll topic? 🀣

Ash was hamming like no tomorrow in Sarabjit and misfit in old woman role and her Punjabi is really bad.  She never even looked or seemed like Dalbir Kaur for one moment. She was miscast.  That film belongs to Randeep Hooda. Richa was also better than Ash in it.

She could have hands down if FF would have introduced that category

πŸ˜†

I just saw the trailer and her fake old woman makeup with kaala rang lines on face ,  safeed chitti lines on hair to make her look old, her funny thick chashma/specticles on her parrot nose, her upping her parrot nose having one hand on her forehead uttering the word uffff in her shrill voice as if she just got irritated with someone, while in the film she was stoned and lynched by a mob are more than enough to showcase how bad she must be in the movie.

Trailer dekhnay kay baad himmat nahi hui film dekhnay ki. πŸ˜†

-------------------

Edited by kingkhan22 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by kingkhan22

She could have hands down if FF would have introduced that category

-------------------

I saw trailer of Jazbaa and it I was done there πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†Aish was complete miscast. She isn't a competent actress to perform such a role. Aush's best performances have been in HDDCS, Guru and may be ADHM. Expressions are lacking but more than that her voice is whimpering when it should be powerful and full of determination

From leading actressi Tabu, Madhuri, Kangana would have done a great job.

Originally posted by Jaitreya23

πŸ˜†Aish was complete miscast. She isn't a competent actress to perform such a role. Aush's best performances have been in HDDCS, Guru and may be ADHM. Expressions are lacking but more than that her voice is whimpering when it should be powerful and full of determination

From leading actressi Tabu, Madhuri, Kangana would have done a great job.

And no Punjabi would watch it today if they casted Kangana instead. 

Originally posted by rolopolo

Well I am not her fan fan but yeah I like her beauty and she has acted pretty well in some movies like Taal, Ponniyn Selvan and Devdas. Okay I will give it a shot if you say so. 

Let us know what you felt about it after you get the chance to watch it. I think you will be surprised by how heartfelt and moving her performance was. Truly one of the best ever put onscreen.

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

And no Punjabi would watch it today if they casted Kangana instead. 

πŸ˜‚Uhmm, may be they will watch, if the trailer is good.

People go for it, leaving personal bias aside, if the product is good

First the movie did not evoke fake nationalism on social media. BJP it cell was not popular that time. Second no one was interested in seeing that movie as most people did not knew what happens to Sarabjit Singh.

Neerja movie did not win for same reason. Good movie but ignored by BJP it cell.

Udta Punjab had shown real drug problem of Punjab. I have collegues who have lost family due to extreme drug addiction. It used to be available everywhere. After that movie police did started working against drug lords atleast before media.