Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: atominis

IDK what brain Navya has for real but she is articulate in interviews and does not suit like a dumbo.

Though I find her talk on gender equality and feminism, a bit fake and ironic at times given the family she belongs to.

Doesn’t matter what family she belongs to. Everyone is bigger than their family & can outgrow their family/family’s thought process etc. if they actually want to… I highly doubt a Navya does though. That’s the point I was trying to make. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ah, the reddit exposé. Can't know for sure what she had truly done during her Fordham days as per that post. But the comments about her social work is spot on. Anonymous posts are not required to gauge how much she is actually involved in both Aara and Naveli. From social media to their website, and the initiatives they have taken up on, she seems to play very minimal role. More like she's the famous face of the operation, while the actual grunt work is done by the team. NGO and social sector work is no joke, even the most passionate individuals feel burnout a year into the work. I volunteer as project requirements and this led to me getting into a TISS graduates network group, which consists of postgrads/grads in development studies/social work who work exclusively with initiatives that Navya is pretending to work for, and let me tell you, these men/women work 90-100 hours work weeks with very low pay and they hardly get even 1/3rd of recognition that Navya Or other pretend social workers rake in. 

Most celebrities hardly care about product research of their lineup or even do proper ground work. They get some talking points from their team and spout it in their IVs. Although Navya is well spoken, she hardly covers what all work her organization is actually doing. She glosses her points, but doesn't name or go in detail about initiatives/programmes. Aara is a health tech enterprise which must require immense work. I honestly don't think she's involved at all. I can understand why NGO workers get frustrated, she's a UN ally and received a bunch of other awards for bare minimum work for someone who started these mere two years back. The media and PR have also elevated this phenomenon where a star kid/celebrity taking a minute interest in some social issues is praised to the skies as if it is worthy of a Noble. 🤷‍♀️

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Ahh Navya’s “brat” tag goes wayyyy back. Even before her Fordham days. Being popular is one thing, being liked is another.🙃

What did Navya do ? 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

According to someone who went to Fordham with her, Navya is basically a mean girl.  This girl claims that Navya and her gang of friends always looked down on her because her rich family wasn’t as rich as them, and she was mocked for not being slim.  There were also allegations of Navya hooking up with a very good friend’s boyfriend. And lastly that Shweta was aware of all of these and encouraged it.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

According to someone who went to Fordham with her, Navya is basically a mean girl.  This girl claims that Navya and her gang of friends always looked down on her because her rich family wasn’t as rich as them, and she was mocked for not being slim.  There were also allegations of Navya hooking up with a very good friend’s boyfriend. And lastly that Shweta was aware of all of these and encouraged it.  

Wow I’m shocked by this 🤣

atominis thumbnail

She has great support from her family and her PR, exposure and all limelight she is getting at all platforms are impeccable.

She is groomed well it seems and is articulate in public.

Even if she is hardly qualified to do what she claims to do and hardly doing actual work. 

atominis thumbnail

She does seem to repeat for Navya what Jaya has done to her. She always said Jaya was much harder on her than Abhishek. She seems to repeat same with Navya and rationalises it saying Navya is a girl 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

She has great support from her family and her PR, exposure and all limelight she is getting at all platforms are impeccable.

She is groomed well it seems and is articulate in public.

Even if she is hardly qualified to do what she claims to do and hardly doing actual work. 

Very true.  But will this work for her long term if she chooses to continue with entrepreneurship and social causes?  Or will the facade crack with time?  Will she even continue in this line of work or will she eventually move away from social work and towards entertainment with this podcast being her first step in that direction?  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

She does seem to repeat for Navya what Jaya has done to her. She always said Jaya was much harder on her than Abhishek. She seems to repeat same with Navya and rationalises it saying Navya is a girl 

I’ve never seen the podcast but has actually used the reasoning of “Navya is a girl”?  Has Navya reminded her that that’s the definition of misogyny?