Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I have suffered same and I saw it in older women in family and outside since childhood. It irked me a lot.

They do not even realise they are wrong and repeat same patterns or realise wrong too late and still live in learned helplessness like a caged bird who has no idea anymore what their wings are for.

I wanted to share a lot too but refrained. I can understand completely where you are coming from. 

I hate how usually men pressurise women and bully them and force them to turn against even own daughters.

Why women ruin self just to please men is beyond my understanding. Even after education or earning they still yield to patriarchy...it hurts to see it.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Men are not completely to be blamed, after all are they not raised by mothers (women). If men are raised to respect and care about women all the bad things would not happening. Men have been emotionally stunted since young, saying a man should not cry or show emotions, why the h*** not, are they not human.

Especially mothers who say my son can do no wrong and blame the women in their lives. That is why such saying would not exist "A woman is the biggest enemy of another woman". 

Jaya and Shweta are product of patriarchy, only Navya can break the cycle by not repeating her nani and mom's style of upbringing when it comes to daughters.

atominis thumbnail

Men are also raised by fathers  and after a certain age they relate more to older men and slowly break free from influence of mother.

Most men learn to be toxic if they see dads or grandfathers or uncles or seniors in school or older men around them being toxic or sexist or violent or rude or patronising towards women. They often justify their behaviour or think it is not wrong because their dads or grandfathers or male colleagues or friends were also like this.

So please stop blaming only mothers or women for issues of men.

Some sons even beat and abuse own moms or join dad in insulting mother and sister or grow up seeing grandfather abuse grandmother and think this is how man needs to keep women in their place. Most men think they have right to hit or discipline women and kids or control women and kids. They infantilise women. Often insult own moms, grannies and aunts too. And women tolerate it thinking it is family or this is how it is or are accused of over reacting or creating drama if they react or even go silent or cry alone.

Stop blaming women for everything when men also need ti take accountability and introspect. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Although Shwetha says that she is not ambitious and being financially dependent is not a big thing for her, she comes across as someone who is deeply hurt and holds this on as a personal failure. I mean you have to be pretty hurt to even admit to it in public. I wonder why can't she venture out and launch a business. She's so well read and you can see her genuine interest with retaining texts or knowledge so why not get into publishing or even become an entrepreneur. đŸ˜•

I feel like she is constrained alot by her family. And it's just way too strange. 

Edited by DetachednNumb - 1 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

Although Shwetha says that she is not ambitious and being financially dependent is not a big thing for her, she comes across as someone who is deeply hurt and holds this on as a personal failure. I mean you have to pretty hurt to even admit to it in public. I wonder why can't she venture out and launch a business. She's so well read and you can see her genuine interest with retaining texts or knowledge so why not get into publishing or even become an entrepreneur. đŸ˜•

I feel like she is constrained alot by her family. And it's just way too strange. 

She tried but failed several times.  She started writing columns like Twinkle Khanna but hers weren’t nearly as interesting and it didn’t become a feature like Twinkle’s were at one point.  She wrote a book but I don’t think the book was much of a success.  She then launched her own brand of clothing and had a big event in Bollywood for it.  But I think that one fizzled after a while too.  Her family might have been conservative 30 years ago and married her off at 23 but I don’t think they’d get in her way now no matter what she tries.  I think for whatever reason her ventures aren’t working for her, and I’m sure that’s really upsetting for her. I mean who wouldn’t be?  Maybe she hasn’t found that one true thing that she’s passionate about 🤷🏽‍♀️. But I absolutely don’t believe that her family is stopping her from anything.  

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Must say Navya is pretty 

atominis thumbnail

She does seem to have low self esteem and internalised patriarchy within her too as she interjects or bullies Navya a lot and admits she is way harder on her than she is to her son. She keeps justifying her ways saying girls have it harder and men get away with anything.

She and Navya do seem to be concerned about treatment towards women.

Shweta has tried to write books, columns and launched own clothing line and even did ads with her family, tried hosting a talk show too. But it did not work. 

She seems to be bitter and self conscious. Lot of low self esteem. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

She tried but failed several times.  She started writing columns like Twinkle Khanna but hers weren’t nearly as interesting and it didn’t become a feature like Twinkle’s were at one point.  She wrote a book but I don’t think the book was much of a success.  She then launched her own brand of clothing and had a big event in Bollywood for it.  But I think that one fizzled after a while too.  Her family might have been conservative 30 years ago and married her off at 23 but I don’t think they’d get in her way now no matter what she tries.  I think for whatever reason her ventures aren’t working for her, and I’m sure that’s really upsetting for her. I mean who wouldn’t be?  Maybe she hasn’t found that one true thing that she’s passionate about 🤷🏽‍♀️. But I absolutely don’t believe that her family is stopping her from anything.  

When I said family, I didn't mean the Bacchans. I meant her husband side family, the Nandas. Felt like she was holed in Delhi raising the kids while the husband ran the business. Whatever she had managed to venture it is due to her familial relations in Mumbai. Even now, the podcast, KWK and other public appearances seem to be because she seems to be living full time in Mumbai, close to her family. 

Oh, I don't think the Bacchans are impeding her at all. The Bacchans seem to be the kind of parents who always prop the kids up for whatever they set their mind to. You see there is a lot of support career wise for them. Meanwhile I agree with you that her ventures have never been fruitful, she might work hard and have considerable ambition but she seriously lacks in the luck department. So much of success is accompanied by luck. Some people don't hit the sweet spot late into their life. She might strike gold with any one venture maybe in the future. 🤷‍♀️

MaebyFunke thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

She does seem to have low self esteem and internalised patriarchy within her too as she interjects or bullies Navya a lot and admits she is way harder on her than she is to her son. She keeps justifying her ways saying girls have it harder and men get away with anything.

She and Navya do seem to be concerned about treatment towards women.

Shweta has tried to write books, columns and launched own clothing line and even did ads with her family, tried hosting a talk show too. But it did not work. 

She seems to be bitter and self conscious. Lot of low self esteem. 

I feel like she carries the burden from Jaya and directly transfers it off onto her own daughter. Women are best carriers of patriarchal notions even when it's harmful for their own kind.