Navya Naveli Nanda & Shweta Bachchan's UNFILTERED - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by DetachednNumb

When I said family, I didn't mean the Bacchans. I meant her husband side family, the Nandas. Felt like she was holed in Delhi raising the kids while the husband ran the business. Whatever she had managed to venture it is due to her familial relations in Mumbai. Even now, the podcast, KWK and other public appearances seem to be because she seems to be living full time in Mumbai, close to her family. 

Oh, I don't think the Bacchans are impeding her at all. The Bacchans seem to be the kind of parents who always prop the kids up for whatever they set their mind to. You see there is a lot of support career wise for them. Meanwhile I agree with you that her ventures have never been fruitful, she might work hard and have considerable ambition but she seriously lacks in the luck department. So much of success is accompanied by luck. Some people don't hit the sweet spot late into their life. She might strike gold with any one venture maybe in the future. 🤷‍♀️

No I think she was still in Delhi when she tried that column.  She briefly hosted some kind of a show while still in Delhi too. I don’t think her in laws stood in her way either.  I think like you said, she just never had any luck with whatever she tried.  Or maybe she wasn’t good at things that she tried.  It kind of explains her fear of failure by her kids when she said on KWK that she didn’t want her daughter to join movies because she may not be good at it. The fact that she doesn’t have the same fear about her son kind of goes back to the learned misogyny thing you and Atonmis were talking about.  

Or maybe she’s just a rich spoiled middle aged woman who’s never had to work a day in her life and all her ventures were more a case of alleviating her boredom.  Or to shut gossip and mocking about herself.  On the same KWK i mentioned above KJo made some crack about how she was finally doing something with her time by launching the clothing brand. I’m genuinely wondering if maybe her life or psyche isn’t as bothered or affected by things as we are trying to speculate.  

Is this Navya's paid PR post?

I genuinely believe SBN was trying to be the next Twinkle Khanna & it just never worked out for her. She’s tried to do a lot with her time but nothing worked for her. Now she desperately wants her children esp her daughter to not be the same way. Navya has positioned herself as a social entrepreneur which I find hilarious b/c she comes off as a well-to-do brat. đŸ˜† With no qualifications to take on such a position, to boot. Her privilege & connections will ride her through life. If she does change, that would be great for her though. SBN was strongly rumoured to be with HR for a long time, clearly that broke, her marriage too since it’s crystal-clear they’re separated. I hardly think the Nanda’s would hold her back, she is herself after-all a Bachchan too… Nothing has worked out for her & the bitterness shows. Which is very sad. Atleast Twinkle has something to fall back on, poor SBN has no individual identity apart from a B & a Nanda, going for her. And keep in mind- It wasn’t due to a lack of trying or privilege, b/c she has both in spades & spades.

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Or maybe she’s just a rich spoiled middle aged woman who’s never had to work a day in her life and all her ventures were more a case of alleviating her boredom.  Or to shut gossip and mocking about herself.  On the same KWK i mentioned above KJo made some crack about how she was finally doing something with her time by launching the clothing brand. I’m genuinely wondering if maybe her life or psyche isn’t as bothered or affected by things as we are trying to speculate.  

I'm leaning towards this as this sounds most plausible. đŸ˜†

She also perhaps has the talk around her that even with privilege and connections she hasn't been able to make anything of herself hammered in. 

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

I genuinely believe SBN was trying to be the next Twinkle Khanna & it just never worked out for her. She’s tried to do a lot with her time but nothing worked for her. Now she desperately wants her children esp her daughter to not be the same way. Navya has positioned herself as a social entrepreneur which I find hilarious b/c she comes off as a well-to-do brat. đŸ˜† With no qualifications to take on such a position, to boot. Her privilege & connections will ride her through life. If she does change, that would be great for her though. SBN was strongly rumoured to be with HR for a long time, clearly that broke, her marriage too since it’s crystal-clear they’re separated. I hardly think the Nanda’s would hold her back, she is herself after-all a Bachchan too… Nothing has worked out for her & the bitterness shows. Which is very sad. Atleast Twinkle has something to fall back on, poor SBN has no individual identity apart from a B & a Nanda, going for her. And keep in mind- It wasn’t due to a lack of trying or privilege, b/c she has both in spades & spades.

I'm waiting for the day when Navya's social entrepreneur pretense falls through and she goes on to do things that she wants to. Def think she's more interested in being on camera (not an actress but a show host/sports/movies' presenter). She's also rumored to have been an absolute B in her university doing exclusionary shit and bullying a girl. There are some stories with concrete evidence floating around. I'm sure we can't take them at face value but it kinda stands out when none of the other star kids who have studied abroad have the same things said about them. 

I'm waiting for the day when Navya's social entrepreneur pretense falls through and she goes on to do things that she wants to. Def think she's more interested in being on camera (not an actress but a show host/sports/movies' presenter). She's also rumored to have been an absolute B in her university doing exclusionary shit and bullying a girl. There are some stories with concrete evidence floating around. I'm sure we can't take them at face value but it kinda stands out when none of the other star kids who have studied abroad have the same things said about them. 

Ya I know people who know/have known SBN & Navya & they say SBN is extremely charming & “really knows how to get her way” lol, she’s relatively down-to-earth too. SBN + B Jr are consistently, from everyone, said to be “impeccably brought up”, but Navya is just a brat. Now who knows how true this is but seeing her behaviour & her general vibe seems true + these aren’t people who gossip & are reliable, so I believe them… Navya‘s social entrepreneur rubbish is so so hilarious to me b/c… She’s a spoilt brat with lot of money, she’s not gone a day to a village or has any idea how the rest of the world functions, she stays in her own privileged bubble & hangs out with such people too. đŸ˜† I don’t believe she wants to be in front of the camera, you know. She wants bigger things but who knows. Maybe she’ll surprise everyone & debut in a movie in the future. KJo will snap her up every day of the week- B Sr’s grand-daughter AND a Kapoor?? It’s his wildest fantasy come true. đŸ˜†đŸ˜†

There was a Reddit post about Navya and her bullying ways in college several months ago. She was basically painted as a spoiled rich brat who was flaunting her social and financial status at every turn and looked down at everyone else. And allegedly there was no loyalty among friends and their partners, with Navya being the main culprit. This person continued to claim that Navya was constantly being encouraged by her mother to continue her snobbish and backstabbing ways.  Anyway, this lead to a few people talking about how her entire entrepreneurial initiative and working for social causes has been a very well crafted PR move to present her as someone who works hard and cares. Apparently she learns the bare minimum for all the public appearances and is more or less clueless about the real issues she’s supposed to be supporting.  I remember reading comments from one individual who’s been working for an NGO for years and they were extremely aggravated because Navya due to her privilege and family legacy was getting all this media attention for her “work” while people who were truly working for any serious social causes were getting glossed over.  Like you said, who really knows what she’s actually like.  But this last comment about her privilege getting her all the media attention for a work she has no clue about seems hard to dispute.  

IDK what brain Navya has for real but she is articulate in interviews and does not sound like a dumbo.

Though I find her talk on gender equality and feminism, a bit fake and ironic at times given the family she belongs to.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago

Ahh Navya’s “brat” tag goes wayyyy back. Even before her Fordham days. Being popular is one thing, being liked is another.🙃

Posting my favourite comment from that Reddit exposĂŠ thread because LOL:

“If Navya’s family is worth so much and still can’t buy her way in to USC and NYC and has to settle for Fordham…she must be pretty dumb”🤣