Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Yeah, it's similar to what it is here in the US.  In the 00s, President Bush was hated and compared to Hitler; today, since he and his clan are anti-Trump, they are praised as 'statesmen'.  Dick Cheney was hated when he was VP, but today, thanks to Liz Cheney's witchhunt against President Trump, the Left here has suddenly discovered a love for Cheney

I do think ABV did what he could given the limited common program he had, but it was also the reason why he didn't get re-elected.  Advani too sunk himself by declaring Jinnah secular.  Today, when the government is doing things that would have been unthinkable during ABV, particularly in UP and Assam, that's when people are suddenly discovering the 'greatness' of ABV

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5

I don't know which party does what in other states but in WB all the parties just participate in TV debates, none has the guts to even speak about a mini Pakistan in Kolkata. Development here is at snail pace may be backward also. Ruling party TMC is fully indulged in corruption but still they will stay in power forever because of the lokkhi bhandar freebie. Good for nothing BJP can't even buy their MLAs, don't know how they do it in other state. Rate of job creation is very low and khela, mela are being promoted. Everyone is like badhi badhi baatein bada pao khaate. 

dm_gemini thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Don't know what is meant by "restoring Hindu Pride".  But yes, there is a widespread belief that the BJP is a pro-Hindu party. BJP certainly has a strong backing from media.  In this day & age, visual & social media is the most powerful tool to for PR - all around the world - so it helps to have a strong hold in that sector. That certainly works well for the BJP. 

If we look at it from social indicators & economic stability of the Hindu population - inflation, unemployment is high, cottage industries have been badly hit, medium scale industries have suffered loss due to demonetization & GST. Reserve funds have been withdrawn. Overall important social indicators have suffered a dip. The best HR development index of Hindus is in Kerala in terms of literacy,  women self-reliance, well-nourished children- which happens to be a non-BJP ruled state.

Apart from these, the National Crime Bureau has reported that crimes against Dalits has increased drastically. Obviously, this statistic matters only if we include Dalits in the umbrella of Hindus. 

So it's hard to say if BJP has restored Pride of Hindus. For most middle-class & upper-middle class  Hindu families, especially salaried ones, BJP's policies has impacted very little as of now. But one thing I will agree, Hundutva pride has certainly been restored & found widespread acceptance under BJP.

Edited by dmohan1288 - 1 years ago
Moonks thumbnail

BJP may or may not have restored Hindu pride, but it has definitely raised the right questions, and even if we don’t accept that Hindus are in danger it won’t change the fact.

India has always been tolerant towards everyone but when we started protesting against the wrongdoings we are intolerant, wow🤣when we were being killed the world was okay, secularism was safe but when we are standing against the massacre suddenly the secularism is in danger👏

India was invaded hundreds of times, our people were forced to convert and were killed and were never allowed to ask questions but now when we are asking, they are coming at us by saying it’s hindutva and all😆 like seriously when you behave like a stern religious person then you are a pious but when we do the same it is wrong.

Who says that hypocrites are everywhere let me tell you this, few days ago I was watching a video where a famous YouTuber made fun of astras after watching brahmastra and when people said that don’t do this just because a movie is showing wrong thing doesn’t mean that it is wrong then the other people came at them by saying that how can a 30 seconds video threaten your religion, and then next day I watched a video where another you tuber was making fun of Bollywood song so they used सुबह नल ला, for the song I hope you all understand about the song I am talking and there the same other people were asking to delete the video otherwise consequences would be bad, and when people said that now your religion is threatened by a 30 seconds video, they said don’t forget about Kanhaiya and started spreading hate for our Gods.

For ages the world is calling our scriptures a myth and the other community our gods as cartoon character, but can anyone say the same about them. No? Right then how can we say that we live in a secular country.

The truth is secularism is always used for minorities and for their benefit and especially for a single minority community which is now heading to become a majority population, in Kashmir, Kerala, Bengal they are in majority and even there they cry about being minority.

There was a time when I used to take proud in being secular but now I am a proud Hindu and with this another thing which expose the hypocrisy, Ask them to say they are secular they won’t say that they would just say that we proud of our religion but when we Hindu says we are proud Hindu then it’s dangerous for the secularism, funny isn’t it?

Now let’s come to Hinduism and hindutva. I can explain this with a example when Lord Ram prayed to Varun dev for 3 days even when he had the power to destroy the ocean, that is the Hinduism we all talk about and even after his prayers Varun dev refused to heard him he used the bow, that’s hindutva. He used his powers to get what he wanted but not before walking on the path of peace.

Bollywood was always against Hindus and now when we are boycotting them then we are the bad people here, they always preach about pollution during Diwali, deadly skin diseases by Holi colours, and how the celebration of Diwali and Holi is dangerous for the animals but when during Eid they are actually killed no one talks about them. Why? Then there inner animal lover and environmentalist just vanished in a thin air. HYPOCRITES.

I never voted for bjp but now I will do because we are at the stage where we are unsafe in our own country, our land and if you don’t believe that then see Rajasthan, Bengal and Kerala as examples.

Edited by Rani_Sahiba - 1 years ago
Moonks thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Well abroad foreigners still see India as a third world country. You did see what some White media persons in USA, UK ranted against India and Indians in recent years. 

well their opinion doesn’t matter, but yeah they need to learn about the term third world, it doesn’t mean Asia or Africa and poor countries like they think. The world during Cold War was divided into three parts, Supporters of USA were called First world countries, those who supported USSR were the second world countries and those who choose to alienate themselves from the Cold War came to known as Third world countries. 

Those people are in serious need of Education, like seriously why do they always connect third world with poverty when they do not know the history and meaning behind the term.

atominis thumbnail

Wow.

I am surprised this thread is GA and discussion here is still civil. Thanks for making it GA and thanks for sharing views without abusive language.

atominis thumbnail

Foreigners always use the term third world for poor or underdeveloped countries. Regardless of history.

Moonks thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Foreigners always use the term third world for poor or underdeveloped countries. Regardless of history.

I know but that’s their problem, they think their (European) history is the world history and they have always done this, they divided history into AD and BC which mean after Christ and before Christ, they started the calendar with 1AD but our history goes way before this, then they say it’s a myth. They says that Samudragupta the Gupta ruler who ruled in an around 320AD is Indian Napoleon even though Napoleon ruled in 1795AD. They think the world revolves them but that’s not true right😂 

What I hate the most about America that it thinks it can impose sanctions on anyone and the world should blindly follow them and UK thinks only it knows all about the civilisation🙄

firewings_diya thumbnail

I really feel sad looking at current scenario where some sick minded people are sketching to remove our existence from this country. And some political party leaders and some so called secular people trying to support them all over social media.

There are many countries where 1 religion over takes other and majority religion will end minorities but indians had a big heart and accepted every religion. We never had this thought that we should end another religion as hinduism saya "respect all " and "athithi devo bhava". But now a days its sad to see some sick minded ppl brain washing youths and kids in order to execute their agenda. 

Its more depressing to realize even well educated people are involved.  We are not even sure which religion is real. We are not even sure if whatever is written is real. Killing or fighting in the name of religion is really frightening.

Unless we have really seen god we should never believe all those things which can harm others. The only thing we can do is do good and not to harm anyone for petty reasons.  As if god is father of all he will never punish his kids and never want his kids to fight with each other in the name of religion. Everyone are equal infront of god. But unfortunately nobody understands these and political parties are busy in adding fuel to these mindset. 

But as you said if some one tries to destroy indian culture because of their sick mind and greed  irrespective of religion then i am with that party which saves my country 😊 country comes first 👍🏼

Edited by firewings_diya - 1 years ago
Moonks thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

I really feel sad looking at current scenario where some sick minded people are sketching to remove our existence from this country. And some political party leaders and some so called secular people trying to support them all over social media.

There are many countries where 1 religion over takes other and majority religion will end minorities but indians had a big heart and accepted every religion. We never had this thought that we should end another religion as hinduism saya "respect all " and "athithi devo bhava". But now a days its sad to see some sick minded ppl brain washing youths and kids in order to execute their agenda. 

Its more depressing to realize even well educated people are involved.  We are not even sure which religion is real. We are not even sure if whatever is written is real. Killing or fighting in the name of religion is really frightening.

Unless we have really seen god we should never believe all those things which can harm others. The only thing we can do is do good and not to harm anyone for petty reasons.  As if god is father of all he will never punish his kids and never want his kids to fight with each other in the name of religion. Everyone are equal infront of god. But unfortunately nobody understands these and political parties are busy in adding fuel to these religion. 

But as you said if some one tries to destroy indian culture because of their sick mind and greed  irrespective of religion then i am with that party which saves my country 😊 country comes first 👍🏼

I agree with you, but it doesn’t matter if you have seen god or not. Because if we go by this that we have not seen god, but still we followed the scriptures and our scriptures have always taught us to be tolerant, be peaceful but they have also taught that fight for right and against wrong. Like if we take the example of Lord Krishna, we never see his idols with Chakra or any type of weapons, we always see him with flute, we always remember him for his love, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t support the war of Mahabharata because he did, he knew that war is also necessary. And if you see our history then this is what we have followed till now, they killed us, they ruled us forcefully and we still accepted them, Indian secularism is prime example of that but now they are hell bent on making us extinct and we are against that so they are calling us “not peaceful”. 

I may have not seen god, but if they will call our gods as cartoon characters and our knowledge, our scriptures as myth then yes I am not secular. Respect is a two way street and if they think that we will stay silent in the name of secularism that’s not our problem, if that makes us kattar Hindu, then yes we are kattar hindu. 

And even if someone has seen god then also killing a human being is wrong. You are right God is our father, we have always worshipped him as param pita, and no father likes to see his children fighting and killing each other in his name. That is the most weird form of religion ever evolved. 

It is true that god doesn’t need our protection but the knowledge, scriptures, culture and history needs our protection, because they are not only destroying our religion they are destroying our history. In Kashmir file there is a dialogue about Cultural Genocide which is happening since 1000 years and we never talked about that🤷‍♀️