atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Sorry if it has been discussed before but I am curious why  and how did K Jo come to love and promote Alia so much and is so fond of her? Bhatts used to bash his brand of cinema. How did he come to like his daughter if had differences with her dad? 

Atleast with Kajol, Rani or SRK he had something in common like he worked with them or the Mukerji sisters belonged to same elite clan.

What did he have in common with Bhatts that he took such a fancy to Alia?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yeah that’s a good question. May be he liked her personality/looks etc and thought she has lots of potential. He must have seen and met her contemporaries as well to make sure he chooses the right one for dharma and beyond. 

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Yes I’d like to know why did he offer Alia a debut when he didn’t owe their family anything. Ananya too considering how lowly he thinks of Chunky. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

To some day claim he was the reason they successful. 

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

How did Alia become his adopted child at first sight? 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Maybe for the same reason Ranbir loves her, she is moldable (whatever that means😩)

But i have wondered it too. When she was in SOTY, it's not like she was super talented (like now) and she wasn't the prettiest, Sana ate her up and even Mansi was pretty when she wasn't given random ass dresses and clothes to make Alia look the prettiest in the room.

Mahesh ke paas Aisa kya tha on him which he didn't use for his next movie and instead to blackmail him🤭

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I think he wants to be a woman 👩 

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think it is a little complicated then just love for Alia.

KJo made his debut with SRK, Kajol and Rani(except Rani who was new, SRK and Kajol were riding on the DDLJ wave) SRK was a star and did KJo films for his father so both he and KJO were not in equal terms. Though him and Kajol were friends, Kajol does not need him and we have seen her that with Ajay

Before that he was an AD to Aditya Chopra who is a mentor to him and Rani being married to him does not put him on an equal footing.

These people gave him his success but he will always be in a back foot with him. Though him and Kareena were friends after K3G, Kareena still said no to him for KNHH.

I think he was in a space where he wanted to have a talent management company or a god like complex.

That is when he had directors and writers working for him. Some sticked with him and some didn't like a Nikhil Advani. I think he wanted to have a company that makes careers both from directors and writers. Cut to Ayan, Shakun who only write and direct for Dharma. He wanted that for actors as well so he produced SOTY and though all 3 respected him, Varun had his dad and as much as Sid shows that he is very polite he may not listen to everything that Karan says. Cut to Alia who was very young and though she did not shine in his film. She did Highway and that showed him that she may not be exceptional but with author backed roles and a great pr strategy he can make her huge which he did.

Alia is good, but she doesn't have the x factor when you pitch her in a small role or bad stories , example Kalank,RRR or Brahmastra or even a Darlings where she was good but Shefali and Vijay stole the show 

Alia will always be remembered that she made it because of KJO and that is what makes KJO happy. You can see that many actors are also sucking up to him. Jhanvi, Ananya, even a Sara etc and that would definitely be helpful for someone like KJO.

Maybe he does genuinely like her but I find it fascinating that he is curating her career where her name and fame will always be entwined with KJO.

A kingmaker like status is what KJO wants and he got it with Alia

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I think he spotted his golden goose in her

Same way he incorporated Tripti into Dharma 

It's all about commercial prospects, honey

Alia and Tripti are both extremely talented

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Who doesn't love their golden goose 🦆. Once upon a time batak was SRK.