Aamir & Kajol in Ishq | Should they have ended up together?

loveandhope9204 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Is it just me or did anyone else wish that Aamir and Kajol ended up together in the movie Ishq?😳 I know that Ajay & Kajol were paired together, alongside Aamir-Juhi, but I REALLY liked how Aamir's character (Raja) rescues Kajol's character (Kajal) in one of the most dire situations and when they hugged after he rescued her, I could actually see more chemistry between them, then I did with Ajay-Kajol.

Ajay's character simply shunned Kajol, after having gone through a near rape attempt and both Ajay and Juhi's characters chose to disbelieve Aamir and Kajol's. 

It's like the rich kids sided together against the poor kids. BUT the way in which Raja and Kajal had each other's back and supported each other through that face of rejection from their respective lovers, character smearing and taunts from the rich folks... they could've become an ideal couple, so much more mature than the juvenile love stories that Ishq started off with. I liked Raja-Madhu (Aamir Juhi), but I thought Madhu did not deserve Raja back either, after how both her and Ajay chose to disbelieve their lovers and participate in the character smearing.

It's okay to forgive, but I almost started loving Raja-Kajal more towards the end and I wished, that they forgived the other two and just boarded the ship back and left together🤣

There was a maturity about Raja and Kajal, a strong sense of security that they both provided to one another and they stood by each other in the hardest times.

What about you? If you were Kajal or Raja - after all that had happened, would you have taken your exes back? Especially, if you were Kajal, would you have not fallen in love with Raja now?

Edited by loveandhope9204 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Idiotic movie altogether. Watched it only for the Aamir Juhi pairing.

Now THAT was chemistry. Not that particular movie, but all their ridiculous movies as a couple. Some couples simply set the screen alight. 

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

No, they shouldn't have. Some relationships should be purely platonic! In this case, they had respect for each other, trust and certain love but its good they did not end up together. Also, Aamir and Juhi share amazing chemistry together, and they both were pranksters and on the other hand Ajay-Kajol was a more mature couple so those pairings made sense. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

As they didn’t have any feelings for each other and still loved their exes, I wouldn’t say they should’ve ended up together but I really wished that they wouldn’t forgive Madhu and Ajay. Disbelieving Raja and Kajal and breaking up with them was still fine but character shaming and continuous mud slandering knowing how both Raja and Kajal are financially poor and was never greedy of their money, both Madhu and Ajay crossed lines their. Ajay not only shamed Kajal but his childhood best friend Raja too, who was more than a brother, is it so easy to forget a 20 year old friendship and misunderstand your friend? 

Aamir has great chemistry with both juhi and Kajol, kajol also had a great chemistry with Ajay so the chemistry wasn’t an issue, infact even Ajay Amir had a great chemistry too, but when it comes to the loyalty and love of the characters, Ajay and Madhu needed to redeem and suffer for the way they treated and character shamed the innocent Raja and Kajal, Raja Kajal forgave them very easily imo 

masala filmon kay scripts par kya discussion karna

atominis thumbnail

I saw that shit film only for Aamir and Juhi. Otherwise Ishq was a garbage film.

I do agree I hated Ajay and Juhi for easily doubting character of Aamir and Kajol in this film. 

I really liked how Aamir saved Kajol and stayed with her and defended her from character assassination and slander by Ajay and Juhi.

I never thought about their relation the way you wrote it. But after reading your post I think they should have ended up together. 

Story was not written that way though and it would not make sense to show Aamir with Juhi and Ajay with Kajol earlier in all songs, scenes and later suddenly show Aamir and Kajol together.

It is good how Aamir takes care of Kajol like a friend or brother. Not every relation between a man and woman need be romantic. 

Aamir and Kajol have good chemistry though and were surprisingly good in Fanaa which made me wonder why they were not cast together earlier when they were younger in 90s. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I really only watch the first half of Ishq. It just morphs into a TV show in the second half.  ðŸ˜†

loveandhope9204 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SteFanSalvaTor

As they didn’t have any feelings for each other and still loved their exes, I wouldn’t say they should’ve ended up together but I really wished that they wouldn’t forgive Madhu and Ajay. Disbelieving Raja and Kajal and breaking up with them was still fine but character shaming and continuous mud slandering knowing how both Raja and Kajal are financially poor and was never greedy of their money, both Madhu and Ajay crossed lines their. Ajay not only shamed Kajal but his childhood best friend Raja too, who was more than a brother, is it so easy to forget a 20 year old friendship and misunderstand your friend? 

Aamir has great chemistry with both juhi and Kajol, kajol also had a great chemistry with Ajay so the chemistry wasn’t an issue, infact even Ajay Amir had a great chemistry too, but when it comes to the loyalty and love of the characters, Ajay and Madhu needed to redeem and suffer for the way they treated and character shamed the innocent Raja and Kajal, Raja Kajal forgave them very easily imo 

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more with you. They got forgiven WAY too easily! 

Breaking up was not an issue. They were fair in having trust issues, but like you rightly pointed out - the mudslinging, the character assignation, humiliating Raja-Kajal with taunts was just unacceptable. Which is why I felt, that Raja-Kajal were much better off on their own. Atleast they respected each other and without respect from a partner, love and attraction flies out of the window like it did here. If there is not trust (or even a benefit of doubt given), and forget believing your partner, but if you choose to humiliate your partner, you have no right to ask to take you back. Asking for forgiveness? sure. But taking someone like that back, I couldn't do that.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No. I only saw the songs Aamir juhi are perfect and Ajay - kajol 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: loveandhope9204

Is it just me or did anyone else wish that Aamir and Kajol ended up together in the movie Ishq?😳 I know that Ajay & Kajol were paired together, alongside Aamir-Juhi, but I REALLY liked how Aamir's character (Raja) rescues Kajol's character (Kajal) in one of the most dire situations and when they hugged after he rescued her, I could actually see more chemistry between them, then I did with Ajay-Kajol.

Ajay's character simply shunned Kajol, after having gone through a near rape attempt and both Ajay and Juhi's characters chose to disbelieve Aamir and Kajol's. 

It's like the rich kids sided together against the poor kids. BUT the way in which Raja and Kajal had each other's back and supported each other through that face of rejection from their respective lovers, character smearing and taunts from the rich folks... they could've become an ideal couple, so much more mature than the juvenile love stories that Ishq started off with. I liked Raja-Madhu (Aamir Juhi), but I thought Madhu did not deserve Raja back either, after how both her and Ajay chose to disbelieve their lovers and participate in the character smearing.

It's okay to forgive, but I almost started loving Raja-Kajal more towards the end and I wished, that they forgived the other two and just boarded the ship back and left together🤣

There was a maturity about Raja and Kajal, a strong sense of security that they both provided to one another and they stood by each other in the hardest times.

What about you? If you were Kajal or Raja - after all that had happened, would you have taken your exes back? Especially, if you were Kajal, would you have not fallen in love with Raja now?

U

Wow! You must really love this movie :)

That was one of the tropes used in 20th century movies 

Hero, heroines being unnecessarily blamed, suspected, for something they didn't do not only by enemies but sometimes even by the person they loved most on this earth

In the end justice is served usually and enemies are punished for it, in this case Kajol and Amir can take care of their accusers (abusers) after the wedding ðŸ˜›

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago