Why did LSC fail at the box-office?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

It all boils down to a simple question: why did it fail? It was a beautiful movie, very emotional, amazing songs, good performances, and strong storytelling and had one of the Khans as cherry on top.

We all know by now boycott trends don't affect a film's box-office outcome, not on the ground at least.

Did they fail in promoting the film well or did its authenticity and emotional core not resonate?

Sometimes, intentions don't translate into a good product, but in this case, it was a good product at least that's what most people who saw it felt.

Last time a really good product failed at the box-office was Panga but dat had crazy Kangu.

Dis film on the other hand has Aamir Khan whose last film Thugs of Hindostan had a record breaking box-office opening.

So what exactly went wrong with LSC?

For me, I think the promotions went wrong. They didn't promote it well enough. The songs were released without videos to enhance the quality. I mean, who does that?

I am still sad that it failed.

Thoughts???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail

Have you watched it?

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Public want entertainment and a decent film

LSC trailer itself was so boring and off putting

And Aamir has lost his stardom 

And atrocious acting

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mintyblue

Have you watched it?

No.

mintyblue thumbnail
Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

Public want entertainment and a decent film

LSC trailer itself was so boring and off putting

And Aamir has lost his stardom 

And atrocious acting

True

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Because of Amir khan’s drug addled mr.bean parody act. Itni gandi acting ki poster se hi dikh gayi thi.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

It failed because it was a terrible movie. Simple. Proven that no boycott trends make a difference, it all boils down to the final product. When a movie fails to engage you and appears as a netflix binge watch than a movie..you know your screenplay has gone for a toss..I am amazed how someone like Aamir could even okay this as a final product. It felt as if they placed random scenes together and called it a movie..what was that even..

HearMeRoar thumbnail

It's all about entertainment. If the content is entertaining, audience will show up.

Good concept, good writing, decent acting, good editing, decent technical factors make good entertainment. And yeah, stardom... not to the extent of prepandemic era, but it still gets attention. 

From what I hear of Brahmastra, people are going for the concept. Hopefully, the writing and the rest is at least average and will keep momentum going.

ETA. Alia's peeps have compared her to Meryl Streep and Amitabh and whatnot. I'm going to add to it. She's become the new Aamir Khan. When she's part of a film, people expect quality entertainment. At least *I* do. 

She's definitely not the best actor as KJo says. She's not the femme fatale type. But when she's part of a film, I usually think it must be good.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

It was hot garbage 😆

angel_demon thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Boycott did affect LSC to some extent, simply because Aamir has given enough political statements over the years that has pissed people off. 

my family (huge former Aamir fans) refused to watch LSC because Aamir is “anti-national”. I had to go with my cousin. My mom scolded me and dad did not speak to me for a day. 

my boss and some colleagues were laughing as to how LSC is flop because of boycott and how they taught Aamir a lesson. The same boss told us to watch Brahmastra because it is “Indian Marvel”. 

So ya, boycott for Aamir was on ground level - within my circle at least. 

But the movie would have failed anyway. Nothing for the masses. Slow screenplay. Nothing much for the Multiplex audience.

I also think Aamir has lost some amount of stardom. The craze he had during Dangal times that translated into huge opening numbers of TOH isn’t there anymore. People have moved away from him. Out of sight. Out of mind.