Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

Okaayyyyy soooo I need help? 😳

I'm on the website adding AC to my cart for a purchase because it has been long and I think there's a sale going about. Lizzie Dee can you tell me which one out of these should I buy? I've already Added Lord Edgware Dies sooooo Imma post rest of the books available here okieeee/😃

Hallowe'en Party

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

The Girl

The Mysterious Mr. Quin

Passenger To Frankfurt 

The Clocks

The Listerdale Mystery 

The Labours of Hercules 

The Adventures of the Christmas Pudding 

Sleeping Murder 

Cat Among The Pigeons 

Yeahhhh these are it. 

Which one outta these are great??? 

I would definitely get Cat among the pigeons and The Clocks. Both Poirot short story books are good though I don’t remember all of them. wait, Adventures of the Christmas pudding has some Marple stories too I think. Anyway they’re all good. 

Listerdale is just stand alone short stories but I recall liking it (again can’t remember much of it). One, two buckle my shoe is also good though it’s been a while since I read it (It’s Poirot again). Since Sleeping Murder is the only Marple book you have in the list, you could get it. The rest are meh - hit or miss.

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I would definitely get Cat among the pigeons and The Clocks. Both Poirot short story books are good though I don’t remember all of them. wait, Adventures of the Christmas pudding has some Marple stories too I think. Anyway they’re all good. 

Listerdale is just stand alone short stories but I recall liking it (again can’t remember much of it). One, two buckle my shoe is also good though it’s been a while since I read it (It’s Poirot again). Since Sleeping Murder is the only Marple book you have in the list, you could get it. The rest are meh - hit or miss.

Thank you so much for helping me choose 😳❤️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Thank you so much for helping me choose 😳❤️

Wait I just re-read your post - did you ask for only ONE? 🤪 And I gave you a list! Sheesh! If it’s just one book - Cat among the pigeons (it’s kinda a political thriller starring Poirot) OR The Clocks (typical Poirot whodunit) 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Wait I just re-read your post - did you ask for only ONE? 🤪 And I gave you a list! Sheesh! If it’s just one book - Cat among the pigeons (it’s kinda a political thriller starring Poirot) OR The Clocks (typical Poirot whodunit) 

No no I was ordering a bunch actually 😆

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Guys, please post your reviews and recs here - 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5316726

And please tag others to let them know!

Thank you for sharing! I really needed this!🤗

I have not read any new book in 3 months 😭

dhun.laagi thumbnail

The last one I had started reading but never managed to finish was The Cases That India Forgot by Chintan Chandrachud. And the reason I never returned to it was because some case details really traumatised me on how our Indian justice system has failed the people who needed it the most, despite having some wonderful lawyers who are putting in hard work to fix it. Also the moral dilemma of what we as citizens are also doing to make it even worse. I've recently just given up on a lot of things tbh.

Synopsis on Amazon: Are religion-based personal laws above fundamental rights? In this book, constitutional expert Chintan Chandrachud tells us the stories of ten legal cases from the 1950s to the present day that have all but faded from public memory. Chandrachud paints an unexpected picture of the Indian judiciary – the courts are not always on the right side of history or justice, and they don’t always have the last word on the matters before them. This book is an incisive look into the functioning of Indian institutions.

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

I've started reading 'The Mystery Of The Blue Train' next. 😳

And so far, like 50 pages in, I'm still finding it a bit slow? I don't know this one seems to have a fair amount of build-up than the last book. The murder hasn't happened as of now so it is kinda character insights and what's happening with them before the incident. 

I hope I'll like it more after the murder. 😆

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I've started reading 'The Mystery Of The Blue Train' next. 😳

And so far, like 50 pages in, I'm still finding it a bit slow? I don't know this one seems to have a fair amount of build-up than the last book. The murder hasn't happened as of now so it is kinda character insights and what's happening with them before the incident. 

I hope I'll like it more after the murder. 😆

Ahh I read Blue Train ages ago- I do remember the main character is kinda a playboy scumb*g? Idk if I’m confusing the plot with something else but it’s very vague in my memory right now. Will wait for you to review and see if I should pick it up for a re-read. 😆 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Ahh I read Blue Train ages ago- I do remember the main character is kinda a playboy scumb*g? Idk if I’m confusing the plot with something else but it’s very vague in my memory right now. Will wait for you to review and see if I should pick it up for a re-read. 😆 

The suspect is married to the victim I guess? As of now at least. 😆

They both have someone else outside of marriage it seems. 

Will continue and see if the murder spices things up.

PS : My new Books are coming today 😭❤️

Oh How I've waited. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I'm starting my very first Susan Elizabeth Phillips - she comes highly recommended by my librarian! 

I've got "Kiss an Angel" (your rec) on hold so in the meantime I'm reading "Match me if you can."

Any other SEP books you can recommend? Or rom-coms/contemporary romances in general? I'm not too picky!