Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Chapter 10 and still NO MURDER! 🤡

What's happening? Why this much build up? In an AC book? 

Literally snail-ing my way here. 

No Khoon Kharaba no nothing...no Poirot even. Why this turning out to be a dud? 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

Chapter 10 and still NO MURDER! 🤡

What's happening? Why this much build up? In an AC book? 

Literally snail-ing my way here. 

No Khoon Kharaba no nothing...no Poirot even. Why this turning out to be a dud? 

I went over and read the plot on Wiki and now I recall I'd picked this one up for a re-read and DNFed it! 

Not the best Poirot, I'm afraid. 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I went over and read the plot on Wiki and now I recall I'd picked this one up for a re-read and DNFed it! 

Not the best Poirot, I'm afraid. 

Main bhi DNF na kar dun! I remember now I picked this up last year in May I guess. Then the start felt boring so I read 'Roger Ackroyd' instead which was BOMB okay...best decision ever. 

This is so mehhh. Let me get to 150 pages. I'm finally at the murder I guess. 

But again...not liking it 💔

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Main bhi DNF na kar dun! I remember now I picked this up last year in May I guess. Then the start felt boring so I read 'Roger Ackroyd' instead which was BOMB okay...best decision ever. 

This is so mehhh. Let me get to 150 pages. I'm finally at the murder I guess. 

But again...not liking it 💔

Yeah some Christies are very slow moving. Like it takes forever to get to the meaty part of the plot and by the time you’ve lost interest. I’m discovering this more and more about her books as I’m re-reading. It’s made me rethink my opinion of her as infallible! 😔

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Yeah some Christies are very slow moving. Like it takes forever to get to the meaty part of the plot and by the time you’ve lost interest. I’m discovering this more and more about her books as I’m re-reading. It’s made me rethink my opinion of her as infallible! 😔

I've always had this opinion that if it is a good Christie it will take you max four chapters to get you hooked, there's no beating around the bush. Murder within first 5 chapters and then the investigation, you'll be compelled to finish the book within a day. 

But, if it is not a good story it is gonna be a tiresome event. I've not read all AC books but a few I can name which are absolute snooze fest according to me, just because it felt like they were going on and on without any direction yk? 

And few of these are popular ones. 

For example I absolutely do not like Peril At The End House, it is mad slow and very very less Poirot in it overall... individual character chapters take away the charm. 

Then there's Death In The Clouds, which had a lot of potential but then again it turned out to be a slow read for me. 

These are the two kinds of AC. 

PS : I'm thinking of starting the Series 'Agatha Christie's Poirot', the 1989 show.  I've heard a lot about it and thought why not give it a try. I'll obviously skip the episodes about books I haven't read. Mostly they're short stories😳

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I've always had this opinion that if it is a good Christie it will take you max four chapters to get you hooked, there's no beating around the bush. Murder within first 5 chapters and then the investigation, you'll be compelled to finish the book within a day. 

But, if it is not a good story it is gonna be a tiresome event. I've not read all AC books but a few I can name which are absolute snooze fest according to me, just because it felt like they were going on and on without any direction yk? 

And few of these are popular ones. 

For example I absolutely do not like Peril At The End House, it is mad slow and very very less Poirot in it overall... individual character chapters take away the charm. 

Then there's Death In The Clouds, which had a lot of potential but then again it turned out to be a slow read for me. 

These are the two kinds of AC. 

PS : I'm thinking of starting the Series 'Agatha Christie's Poirot', the 1989 show.  I've heard a lot about it and thought why not give it a try. I'll obviously skip the episodes about books I haven't read. Mostly they're short stories😳

Yeah I hear you but there was a time when I felt Christie could do no wrong. I began reading them back when I was in school and apart from Tommy/ Tuppence I think I read them all. I don’t feel like that anymore even about books I liked when I first read them, so obviously time has changed things for me. Is that the series starring David Suchet? It’s absolutely worth watching. There are 13? Seasons I think. Some are better than others but Suchet is a class act as Poirot. You’ll see some famous Brit actors make appearance. I also loved the Miss Marple series starring Geraldine McEwan, she makes for such a darling Miss Marple! I have watched some of the standalone adaptations too - I think they are BBC productions? Most of them I’ve liked. Dramatized versions of even the boring Christies end up being good! 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Yeah I hear you but there was a time when I felt Christie could do no wrong. I began reading them back when I was in school and apart from Tommy/ Tuppence I think I read them all. I don’t feel like that anymore even about books I liked when I first read them, so obviously time has changed things for me. Is that the series starring David Suchet? It’s absolutely worth watching. There are 13? Seasons I think. Some are better than others but Suchet is a class act as Poirot. You’ll see some famous Brit actors make appearance. I also loved the Miss Marple series starring Geraldine McEwan, she makes for such a darling Miss Marple! I have watched some of the standalone adaptations too - I think they are BBC productions? Most of them I’ve liked. Dramatized versions of even the boring Christies end up being good! 

Yes The David Suchet series. I've trying to get a decent print since forever! There are 70 episodes I believe. I'll watch. 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

I already love this! Like half episode in and I already love it. 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Posted the review if anyone wants to check the image out on IG! 😳

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVBN1cvyN5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

LizzieBennet thumbnail

This looks gorgeous ❤️.

Sorry kiddo, I'm not much on IG but the image is lovely. I love how worn the book is.. it looks well-loved! 😳