Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

There is a whole level of hero worship in the south but unlike north most actors respect their fans whether yesteryears MGR, Rajkumar, Nageshwar Rao or current Yash, Surya, Kamal Hassan, NTR jr or Allu Arjun.

There has always been a sense of patriarchy and a lot of issues down south. But what the south does well is all the 4 industries stars support and help each other and their films , you can see a Surya supporting Telugu or Malyalam cinema similarly when Punit Rajkumar dies many in the Telugu industry came to his home to pay respect.

Also they support on big movements whether the Jallikattu or Cauvery issues. Especially for the cauvery one the Tamil and kannada stars were on full support with their state without demeaning the other. Plus when it comes to the issues be it pricing or piracy  irrespective of religious or political ideology they stand as one.

Also they are more culturally rooted to India and so are the films. Bollywood is all about style and glamour and was full on aping Hollywood tv and movies. But with ott people would see the original which is better than the remade version.

Example Forest Gump was superb and LSC did a very bad job.

Most want to watch Indian cultural content than a Hollywood style film as now we can watch Hollywood or Korean shows.

All the hit films this year also have strong Indian culture be it Gangubai or BB2 or KGF2 or RRR.

Pushpa and Kartikeya did well as both were different one very rooted in rural and a forest background and another a mythological thriller.

Anyone would love to watch Marvel or Top Gun

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

yep, true, when vijay d was facing some media issue and slander 

stars like mahesh babu tweeted supporting him, ram charan and pawan kalyan appreciated nikhil for karthikeya 

prashant neel has contributed to a hospital in his village 

mahes babu does a lot  of social work in his native village

it is historically so, lv prasad eye institute is one of the biggest, he was a film legend 

i also dislike star hero culture in south which is massive and athe associated misogyny but do appreciate their respect for their fans

as anil kapoor rightly said, south have always been making the same films, it is these ppl who have come to know about it now 

they will continue doing it and these ppl (not all some of them )will run after whatever makes money 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

But malayalam actors have no temples.only a few malayalam movies are superhero subjects.

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I will shout out from the rooftops that if you compare contemporary Bollywood and contemporary south Indian cinema as a whole, south Indian movies actually have well-written stories and script, and actors know their job.

But...

List of south stars with temples with them as deities

Kajal Aggarwal.

Nayanthara.

Hansika Motwani.

Nidhhi Agerwal.

Nagma

Pooja Umashankar

Kushboo Sundar

Namitha

Samantha Ruth Prabhu.

LITERAL star worship.

This is outside the MGR, NTR, Rajni Kanth, Mammootty, Mohanlal craze.

MGR and Jayalalitha became political leaders from that star worship.

Anupam Kher is too well informed not to know what he said ain't true. He's just crapping on Bollywood because they don't give him enough bhaav.

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I will shout out from the rooftops that if you compare contemporary Bollywood and contemporary south Indian cinema as a whole, south Indian movies actually have well-written stories and script, and actors know their job.

But...

List of south stars with temples with them as deities

Kajal Aggarwal.

Nayanthara.

Hansika Motwani.

Nidhhi Agerwal.

Nagma

Pooja Umashankar

Kushboo Sundar

Namitha

Samantha Ruth Prabhu.

LITERAL star worship.

This is outside the MGR, NTR, Rajni Kanth, Mammootty, Mohanlal craze.

MGR and Jayalalitha became political leaders from that star worship.

Anupam Kher is too well informed not to know what he said ain't true. He's just crapping on Bollywood because they don't give him enough bhaav.

I donot know if senior NTR has a temple (i never heard) but yes Tamilnadu people are famous in building temples for their idols and also to destroy it if they get offended, easily.

No offense to tamilnadu people ...

Hero worship in south is at peaks.. junior NRT and Pawan Kalyan fans fight like cat and dogs and donot even hesitate to kill each other 

These idol fights takes ugly turn when caste gets involved...

I have seen people support ram Charan just because he is from their caste, not because of talent 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: cts22

There is a whole level of hero worship in the south but unlike north most actors respect their fans whether yesteryears MGR, Rajkumar, Nageshwar Rao or current Yash, Surya, Kamal Hassan, NTR jr or Allu Arjun.

There has always been a sense of patriarchy and a lot of issues down south. But what the south does well is all the 4 industries stars support and help each other and their films , you can see a Surya supporting Telugu or Malyalam cinema similarly when Punit Rajkumar dies many in the Telugu industry came to his home to pay respect.

Also they support on big movements whether the Jallikattu or Cauvery issues. Especially for the cauvery one the Tamil and kannada stars were on full support with their state without demeaning the other. Plus when it comes to the issues be it pricing or piracy  irrespective of religious or political ideology they stand as one.

Also they are more culturally rooted to India and so are the films. Bollywood is all about style and glamour and was full on aping Hollywood tv and movies. But with ott people would see the original which is better than the remade version.

Example Forest Gump was superb and LSC did a very bad job.

Most want to watch Indian cultural content than a Hollywood style film as now we can watch Hollywood or Korean shows.

All the hit films this year also have strong Indian culture be it Gangubai or BB2 or KGF2 or RRR.

Pushpa and Kartikeya did well as both were different one very rooted in rural and a forest background and another a mythological thriller.

Anyone would love to watch Marvel or Top Gun

You are making sense, i agree to some of your points

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

But malayalam actors have no temples.only a few malayalam movies are superhero subjects.

There used to be a Mallu chat club a few years ago. Don't know if it is still going on. One of the rules was no Mammootty vs Mohanlal wars.πŸ˜† 

Yeah, no temples, because that's not Mallu attitude. But star worship is still there.

After Dileep got arrested, that lady (who cannot be named) got so many nasty reactions.

Parvathy got rape threats because she spoke out against a SCENE in a Mammootry movie where a junior cop played by him dragged a female superior officer by the belt and threatened her with rape.

Heck. One actress got trolled merely for referring to Prithviraj as Raju because that apparently wasn't respectful enough.

I'm a proud Mallu by ethnicity, but there's misogyny in the community. Incel types can't handle outspoken women and use the anonymity of the internet to abuse them.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Isn’t south just as bad? Like they have a temple to worship Rajnikanth? 

and Khushbu..πŸ˜†

jasminerahul thumbnail

Cyber bullying is terrible n its there in every language.the bashing which some faced is after social networking sites became popular.earlier when there was no internet such attacks were not public or no one could attack anyone like this.but those times itself other south actors had temples..fans used to fast..starve...commit suicide to express their love.but i heard that malayalees do not respect their actors like other south states respect their actors.Mammootty mohanlal war will never end.

Which actress was trolled for calling him Raju?new actress?

There used to be a Mallu chat club a few years ago. Don't know if it is still going on. One of the rules was no Mammootty vs Mohanlal wars.πŸ˜† 

Yeah, no temples, because that's not Mallu attitude. But star worship is still there.

After Dileep got arrested, that lady (who cannot be named) got so many nasty reactions.

Parvathy got rape threats because she spoke out against a SCENE in a Mammootry movie where a junior cop played by him dragged a female superior officer by the belt and threatened her with rape.

Heck. One actress got trolled merely for referring to Prithviraj as Raju because that apparently wasn't respectful enough.

I'm a proud Mallu by ethnicity, but there's misogyny in the community. Incel types can't handle outspoken women and use the anonymity of the internet to abuse them.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Cyber bullying is terrible n its there in every language.the bashing which some faced is after social networking sites became popular.earlier when there was no internet such attacks were not public or no one could attack anyone like this.but those times itself other south actors had temples..fans used to fast..starve...commit suicide to express their love.but i heard that malayalees do not respect their actors like other south states respect their actors.Mammootty mohanlal war will never end.

Which actress was trolled for calling him Raju?new actress?

My point was not to single out Kerala. I'm saying star worship is there in Kerala also. Mallus are not exempt.

The reason for trolling is the worship of said actors.

Frankly, Malayalam cinema is world-class. Actually, I'd call it the best in the world in terms of storytelling and combining entertainment with storytelling. But great artists don't equate to great humans, and the ego of stars is very much evident in Mallu cinema also. The reason for the star system to even exist is the audience.

Re: actress who got trolled for Raju. The one in Mayanadhi. Forgot her name. 

jasminerahul thumbnail

Of course. Thats why mammootty mohanlal war started from late 80's. But those times social media was not popular.so fans were not able to write any rubbish against the person who talks against their star.star worship is there in every language.but I feel that in kerala its comparatively lesser compared to other south states as blind fandom (hope you understood what I meant..)is less.thats why mallus prefer to watch normal movies to super heroic movies.2 of our superstars had a career let down when they did heroic movies back to back.they prefer to watch their superstars too as normal human beings in movies.in this forum some wrote that south movies have over the top action scenes with mass dialogues(because most of the dubbed movies they saw are from a particular language)and south people want only fair skinned actresses n that's why they want only north indian actresses.but I was thinking that most of the malayalam movies are realistic n in malayalam actresses are not that great looking compared to other languages.also in this topic people were saying that in south hero worship is more bcz only south indians build temples.thats why I pointed out that in kerala temples are not build though they are also south indians.in kerala hero worship is like hindi movie audience.terrible cyber attacks,but no temples n very less super heroic movies.

My point was not to single out Kerala. I'm saying star worship is there in Kerala also. Mallus are not exempt.

The reason for trolling is the worship of said actors.

Frankly, Malayalam cinema is world-class. Actually, I'd call it the best in the world in terms of storytelling and combining entertainment with storytelling. But great artists don't equate to great humans, and the ego of stars is very much evident in Mallu cinema also. The reason for the star system to even exist is the audience.

Re: actress who got trolled for Raju. The one in Mayanadhi. Forgot her name. 

Edited by jasminerahul - 1 years ago