Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwarya12joys thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Isn’t south just as bad? Like they have a temple to worship Rajnikanth? 

They really have that or is it sacrastic 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

He's ridiculous. MGR, NTR, Rajnikanth, Mammootty, Mohanlal...

Anupam does have a point though. Star vehicles are there, but films with well-written/entertaining stories and direction and acting are also there and are finding success. Esp in the last few years.

Bollywood, OTOH, has regressed. No story, no script, bad acting... only a movie star or two, remix songs, and foreign locations.

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

There have been good South movies in recent times, but most are masala films to promote stars. 

Heck I’d even argue the craze for stars in the south beats BW craze by miles. 

Now I’m waiting for Bhojpuri films to rise Pan India so BW can copy them too and then praise them for their stories 🤣😆

Edited by guenhwyvar - 1 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Bollywood has a million problems, but pretending all the big South films were being "sold" to audiences based on their stories and not the stars in them is utterly false and ridiculous.

He's just using his platform to further manipulate the already dumb and blind and angry mob audience.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I will shout out from the rooftops that if you compare contemporary Bollywood and contemporary south Indian cinema as a whole, south Indian movies actually have well-written stories and script, and actors know their job.

But...

List of south stars with temples with them as deities

Kajal Aggarwal.

Nayanthara.

Hansika Motwani.

Nidhhi Agerwal.

Nagma

Pooja Umashankar

Kushboo Sundar

Namitha

Samantha Ruth Prabhu.

LITERAL star worship.

This is outside the MGR, NTR, Rajni Kanth, Mammootty, Mohanlal craze.

MGR and Jayalalitha became political leaders from that star worship.

Anupam Kher is too well informed not to know what he said ain't true. He's just crapping on Bollywood because they don't give him enough bhaav.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

And in India people are selling souls.

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Money talks. South movies are making money right now and Bollywood is going through its dull phase, once Bollywood bounces back, they will forget about south .

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Wo already bech Chuka hai 🤣

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pg411

Money talks. South movies are making money right now and Bollywood is going through its dull phase, once Bollywood bounces back, they will forget about south .

Word. 

Kisika chalta hai tabhi dusro ka jalta hai.

ShaliniTv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

I hate the star worship in South too but unlike Bollywood, they don't remain silent whenever an issue arises. Kindly search Jallikattu protest on Google and you will know. Bollywood doesn't come out unless it's promotion, they don't support one another. They're their worst enemies, no one can pull them down. South Indian Actors/actress comes out to support irrespective of anything, there are so many such examples, when STR was going through bad phase and didn't had enough financial support to release movies so many actors came forward to support him even his contemporaries. When a young girl commited suicide due to NEET, so many actors went to her house silently to give support and offer financial support too. Some of their names were not even released until her parents came out to tell her, Surya is supporting so many students to complete their education with his Agaram foundation. One of my cousin is working abroad with the help of this foundation. When I was struggling to pay for my education after my father died, Harish Kalyan's foundation helped me a little too. There are so many such examples I can give you. They don't hesitate to go against their own Government and even fought for Theatre people during pandemic and gave certain amount from Actors association and they provide pension for yester year actors. There's absolutely a reason why we worship these actors even though I think it's absolutely a waste of time but they all deserve respect. Bollywood people are responsible for their own ruination.