Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

I agree with most points here, I think it is lot of misinformation also because english speaking media sits in bombay and delhi and reports with no understanding of local context 

1. temples for actors are not that widespread and mostly in TN. even in telugu land, i havent seen temples for ntr or chiranjeevi where will they build for actresses. these news items are exaggerated like some bombay type saying "chee look at those madrasis building temples" and I feel floated by actors PRs epecially 10 yrs ago. it is also that culture where they put up huge cutouts, garland them etc which gives that impression, it is not an actual temple

2. hero worship in telugu is tied to caste but here again, telangana doesnt have this and it is andhra side which mostly has this. It is also tied to politics which is again a seperate discussion

3. as hearme roar rightly said malayalam mohanlal vs mammotty wars are quite intense, but hero fan stuff is lesser in general but misogyny is equally there and i wanted to state the same things she has (dileep incident was horrible).  misogyny across industries is a deeper issue and not just confined to heros (vairamuthu during me too in tamil)

4.  hero fan stuff is super high in tamil and telugu (kannada is below them) and they fight like cats and dogs between themselves and even between languages. I have see them even make super fools of themselves in twitter under foreign accounts, say praising RRR (like watch vikram, kgf as rrr is crap,  is jr ntr or ram charan better etc type nonsense). i have seen hindi fans (khans, akshay)  fight it out too but my sense they are confined to net while in south they exist on ground. 

5. malayalam definetly makes more realistic movies and it has great cinema amd lot of native actresses.  but telugu  has certainly lot of nice realistic, different movies in the recent years. as big hits like RRR, BB, Pushpa have happened they dont catch the eye and people have the misconecption that tamil and malayalam are realistic and telugu is only over the top.  Most of Nani's movies, color photo, middle class melodies, cinema bandi, pelli choopulu, brochevaruevaruraa, mathu vadalara, majili, virata parvam, c/o kancherapalem, chi la sow to name a few are all different genres, natural etc. the difference is in malayalam big stars also do realistic stuff. Tamil too only some actors do the realistic cinema, ajit, vijay or rajni dont.  Kannada too is not just KGF and has films like garuda gamana vrishbha vahana and several others of different genres. 

I see that lot of malayalam film viewers and some tamil (because they also make "masala" films feel that everybody is seeing south films as a whole as masala films because of telugu but telugu viewers also feel that their smaller films are getting ignored ðŸ¤£

6. It is not education but the communist rule which pushed that kind of cinema in malayalam, which which why you see similar art cinema and makers in bengali too though education levels are not same there. It is not education. In fact telangana filmakers  made such films in telugu (very small number) because there is naxalite and marxism in that region.   this is same as the caste film in tamils which are driven by dravidian ideology.  some of you might remember DD used to telecast all these films, NFDC govt funded them heavily and they got all the national awards

phew,  tired now, have written a lot  these are the points i remember for now ðŸ˜†

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Bakwas kara lo. What story did Pushpa have? It is a star vehicle relying on macho appeal of Allu Arjun. 

What special story telling does KGF have? 

What are films of Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi, Kamal Haasan if not star vehicles?

Anupam Kher is bitter with BW as he is not getting work in big films since last decade or so. 

South films do not necessarily have great scripts or stories.

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Kamal does both type of movies unlike Rajni and chiranjeevi.Actually many bollywood movies have good stories,But they dont have big stars,so no publicity also.U r right about Pushpa and KGF.But there r many good scripts in tamil and malayalam.But only masala movies r dubbed into other languages,so these movies are not known to north.But bollywood critics have started appreciating these movies.

Originally posted by: atominis

Bakwas kara lo. What story did Pushpa have? It is a star vehicle relying on macho appeal of Allu Arjun. 

What special story telling does KGF have? 

What are films of Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi, Kamal Haasan if not star vehicles?

Anupam Kher is bitter with BW as he is not getting work in big films since last decade or so. 

South films do not necessarily have great scripts or stories.

Edited by jasminerahul - 1 years ago