Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Or more global audience since its a forrest gump adaptation? 

I highly doubt western audiences watch sonyliv or voot or zee5

Why would the global audience want to watch a remake of FG? I never watched the southern versions of Munnabhai MBBS. Those versions were not made for non-South audience, the South also never made the mistake of catering those to us. 

Made for locals, catered to locals. 

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dumpehathauda

Why would the global audience want to watch a remake of FG? I never watched the southern versions of Munnabhai MBBS. Those versions were not made for non-South audience, the South also never made the mistake of catering those to us. 

Made for locals, catered to locals. 

Global audiences are not like North Indians, FG is 30 years old film and not 1 - 3 years film which so fresh in their head, different people may be interested to watch it. 

And South Indians can happily Watch a Bollywood remake in their Languages, They not so toxic as you guys. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I never watch remakes (mostly) as I speak/understand all 4 south indian languages and hindi 

so I always watch the original, unlesss remake is playing on TV and I watch out of curiosity or interest 

but south they watch remakes because most (except in some parts) dont speak hindi, so unless the film was dubbed and released well most wouldnt have watched the original 

also there is no goldmine equivalent for hindi to south

but now i see that changing, as lot of ppl are questioning remaking as they too have started watching originals on OTT etc 

western auidence dislikes dubs, they prefer subtitles, they dont mind adaptations though but I doubt LSC would have appealed as one has to know the politics and events in India to grasp it

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Makes sense. They shouldn't have to pay triple what the film actually did at the Box Office. Especially considering that Netflix is also struggling as well

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: forza

Global audiences are not like North Indians, FG is 30 years old film and not 1 - 3 years film which so fresh in their head, different people may be interested to watch it. 

And South Indians can happily Watch a Bollywood remake in their Languages, They not so toxic as you guys. 

Behen pehle padhna toh seekh lo jholi mein liye "toxic" word ko auron ke upar barsane se pehale. 

Edited by dumpehathauda - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Wont it release on Amazon Prime? Otherwise YouTube is the best option. Bohat views mileinge

TitForTat thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Why should netflix bear the loss because of substandard product. Good decision.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

They ve to pay to Netflix to stream on it 😆

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

isnt a deal struck with Viacom18's streaming portal Voot already ???

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

western auidence dislikes dubs, they prefer subtitles, they dont mind adaptations though but I doubt LSC would have appealed as one has to know the politics and events in India to grasp it

That's what's surprise me to the so called Bollywood audiences, Their is nothing wrong or shame in remaking a film as along as you have bough rights, 

their was this dude in YouTube he kept replaying to any comment which said good thing about being exited about the film LSC and telling that's its copy don't watch it. 

Edited by forza - 1 years ago