Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

The film was initially intended as 2 hero, 2 heroine project. SRK, Aishwarya & Hrithik, Ameesha. 

Hrithik declined Zayed Khan's role Lucky. Farhan Akhtar also declined it. So Farah Khan decided to give SRK's role all attention. Since Hrithik refused it Ameesha was not signed. She also won't have looked good with Zayed. Then Amrita Rao was signed opposite Zayed. 

Farah Khan tried to convince SRK about Aishwarya but he was stubborn about not working with her again and also tried to sabbotage her career by giving messages and phones to others for not signing her in other films. He did it to take revenge for his production loss during Chalte Chalte shooting when Aishwarya shot few scenes and Salman did an incident. Instead of Salman SRK showed his anger to a woman. 

Farah Khan, Yash Chopra, Raj Kumar Hirani, Amul Patekar (Paheli) all tried to convince him but he simply was not in mood. Infact Raju Hirani said in an interview that Munnabhai was about SRK and Aishwarya first. Aishwarya was almost confirmed but SRK  had apprehention. So I took Sanjay Dutt & Gracy Singh.

Farah Khan then signed Sushmita Sen in that role but since Sushmita had no appeal for audience Farah gave Amrita Rao's role more importance than her's.

Edited by Mugda - 1 years ago
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I mean Sush was the moment when MHN released . People were all going Gaga over her , especially with her entry scene . *Phew* she was super hot.

SRK was looking fresh in the movie as wel , they both made a gorgeous pair.

Amrita was good but to say she stole the show is factually not true lol

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think the movie was overall so entertaining, even Zayed was less annoying in it😆 SRK and Sush were on fire and all the actors, including Amrita and Kirron Kher did well. 

Suniel Shetty amused me to no end with his hairstyle though🤣

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah and I am Beyonce ðŸ˜Ž.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

Farah Khan, Yash Chopra, Raj Kumar Hirani, Amul Patekar (Paheli) all tried to convince him but he simply was not in mood. Infact Raju Hirani said in an interview that Munnabhai was about SRK and Aishwarya first. Aishwarya was almost confirmed but SRK  had apprehention. So I took Sanjay Dutt & Gracy Singh.

Slander ðŸ˜†

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Amrita might not be the show stealer in the film but I don't know how people are saying the movie was at all about Sushmita. 

SRK, Amrita, Zayed, even Suniel Shetty had meatier roles. Sushmita's character was the weakest link. Her role had no backstory and no substance and was only in the film because SRK needed someone to romance. She was a typical love interest.

Amrita had the most important role in the film after SRK and maybe even Zayed Khan. She was given a backstory and focus in the movie.