Unpopular Opinion: Deepika and Alia are at par in acting

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Deepika and Alia are at par in acting. They are both above average, and good in certain movies.

As heroine, Deepika is far, far ahead. As a complete package, Deepika is far, far ahead.

So overall DP>>>>Alia

Thoughts????

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail

If Alia has Gangubai, Darlings, and Udta Punjab, DP has Piku, Cocktail, Tamasha, and Gehraiyan too. Ppl tebd to overlook this.

NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Why do you want to get DP bashed now? smiley44

mintyblue thumbnail

I don't. I'm her fan.

And this forum is not particularly biased in favour of Alia, either, so I was hoping for objective assessment.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Deepika adds this strong emotional depth to her roles , leaving a lasting impact on me in some cases. I'd rate her slightly below Priyanka and Kareena, but she still delivers strong performances. 

As for Alia, I have a somewhat unpopular opinion. While she's enjoyable to watch on screen, there's a certain lack of depth in her acting that makes her easily forgettable. I liked her in Darlings and Gangubai, and I believe her talent may become more evident as she matures as aactress. But, at this moment, she doesn't captivate me in the same way,  though she's certainly better than the likes of Katrina and Sonam.

Oh and as heroines, Deepika is miles ahead without any arguments.  Deepika's aura and stardom is at the same level as Aishwarya. 

NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

But 80% of the members would drop by only to bash DP now smiley12 That's how, I have noticed, the forum reacts to anything DP related.

On topic - Yes, I too like Deepu more than Aloo. I never understood the hype about Alia's acting tbh. Most of the time she seems to be overacting. I don't know why she's heralded as this greatest actress ever to grace the BW with her presence. So yeah! I don't think DP is any lesser. But I also don't think the forum would agree with me smiley36

Edited by NotAMuggle - 6 months ago
mintyblue thumbnail

Perfectly said!

Couldn't have said better myself!

mintyblue thumbnail

You can always differentiate between constructive and biased opinions.

Some people just like to bash for no rhyme or reason, and that's irritating.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Deepika is too stiff compared to Alia. Alia can do most of Deepika's characters but I doubt if Deepika can do Gangubai, Raazi or Highway.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I wonder whether the issue I have with Alia's acting is linked to her rapid rise to stardom. She began her career with a hit and continued to deliver hit after hit, outshining all the actresses, Parineeti, Sonakshi, she started with, and never experienced any significant career setbacks.

Other top actresses like Deepika, they go through phases of highs and lows. They consistently work in the background, occasionally facing failures but also achieving success, until a particular movie or role propels them to stardom. For instance, Kareena with "Jab We Met" and Priyanka with "Fashion." This journey of ups and downs adds depth and intrigue to their careers.

Alia's unprecedented and unbroken stardom, while impressive, lacks the complexity and excitement that these rollercoaster journeys offer.