Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Thx man, I just finished watching this Masterpiece 🥳

Where is the detailed review ? ⭐️ Interested on your view point 

Edit: surprised I missed the review on that page. 

Edited by wat_up - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: wat_up

Where is the detailed review ? ⭐️ Interested on your view point 

6th page pe, check it.

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

6th page pe, check it.

Lol ok saw it surprised I missed it. Very detailed review😃 and the part on u being srk biggest fan 😆 but I Do know that when you like a movie it does not matter to you who is in it or makes it and your reviews are never biased !! 

Kilian thumbnail

By the way, very useful information  

Edited by Kilian - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: wat_up

Lol ok saw it surprised I missed it. Very detailed review😃 and the part on u being srk biggest fan 😆 but I Do know that when you like a movie it does not matter to you who is in it or makes it and your reviews are never biased !! 

I am Khan Saab's 

Biggest fan

this I can prove also 😆

Dekho Khan Saab bhi agree

karte hai

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Darlings already added income to the movie during production. So many brands have placed their products for advertisement.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Copy pasting from recently seen movies

Darlings

Domestic violence is a dark and somber subject. So I was pleasantly surprised to see a dark comedy about domestic violence that actually works. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. 

Badru and Hamza are a love match. The starry-eyed couple date and fall in love before marrying. But all is not well in paradise. Hamza is an alcoholic and abusive man. He frequently violently beats Badru and then love bombs her with apologies. The smitten Badru accepts these transgressions as a part of marriage. Through her innocent eyes, you see why some women struggle so much to leave abusive partners. You feel sorry for her desperation to woo and calm her violent husband. 

Eventually, Badru has had enough. She's pushed beyond the brink and decides to take revenge. Her supportive mother and a smitten neighbor help her in the process. But they are all so inept and unprepared that it leads to a bumbling comedy of errors. Alia Bhatt as always is incredible as Badru. Her desperation and heartbreak are gutwrenching. But this isn't an Alia show. 

Darlings works because of its ensemble cast. Vijay Verma is charming as Hamza. He so smoothly transitions from a loving caring husband to a violent monster and back again. Shefali Shah as Badru's unhinged mother is perhaps the most delightful character. And then there is Roshan Matthew as Zulfi whose one-sided affections get him caught in the caper. Even the supporting characters get to shine in scenes when they are present. 

Some people seem to be erroneously complaining that Darlings glorifies domestic violence. Instead, it condemns it and makes a case against it. And while Badru turning the tables may seem unpalatable to some, if you watch the movie - you will get it. If not root for her, you will at least sympathize with the circumstances that lead her to it. But I wonder - if we can cheer men taking the law into their own hands in revenge dramas, why is it so hard to cheer on a woman who exacts revenge? 

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Gave the film a watch and it was good. Alia had her moments, but Shefali, Vijay, Roshan Mathew really blew it out of the park. The film had a good, crisp storyline and it wasn't just about the revenge, but a lot more layers than that. It had the right amount of dark comedy and I rather enjoyed it. I will say the music wasn't anything great and Alia could have done better. SLB got her to do Gangubai so well. She could have applied some of those tactics here.

For me the best part was the way they developed sympathy for Badru and then turned the tables. They handled that well and it made sense. She was pushed (literally and figuratively) to her limit. At some point, anyone will push back. But what made the most sense was how she struggled with her revenge but also stopped herself. She still loved Hamza, but she also hated him. And that hate had taken over, but the love won in the end. Not only for Hamza, but for herself. She couldn't turn into a Hamza. She wasn't that. And if she had let Hamza die on those rail tracks, she would have become a Hamza herself.

Edited by MinionBoss - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Vijay Varma (= Hamza, the violent husband) said in an interview:

"I remember somebody from Red Chillies had told me that when Shah Rukh sir read the script, he was like 'agar main young hota toh ye role main hi karta (If I was younger, I only would've done this role)', which was interesting for me to hear. That was also one of the reasons I felt like I can do this role, ..."

I dislike the title of the article because it is (deliberately?) misleading 😡

https://zeenews.india.com/people/shahrukh-khan-wanted-to-play-hamza-in-darlings-reveals-vijay-varma-2498187.html

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago