Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

For me, it is not any one particular industry but just the idea of cinema. The place and time of my growing up years, movies were a major source of entertainment and movie tickets were also very cheap, cheaper than having a meal at some restaurant. Movies have been a point of conversations and music a source of joy in school functions. I just have countless memories of watching films and crooning to songs with family, friends and cousins in different phases of my life. I mean something that takes around 3 hrs of your life and transports you to a different world, makes you cry, laugh and ponder over things.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

Those scenes where the heroine is going away and the hero grabs her wrist 

😂

There is something very attractive abt that…ofcourse lots of actors have ruined that moment too with their bad acting 

But when done right, it’s classic Bollywood stuff 😍

😆You mean something like this? (@ 3:26-3;31) 

https://youtu.be/EatzcaVJRMs?t=206

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Shahrukh Khan

Saif Ali Khan

Priyadashan & Neeraj Vohra's Staff 

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

Over the years, I've liked different films for different reasons. But the first thing which made me fall in love with Bollywood was the early 2000s comedies. Especially Akshay-Priyadarshan-Neeraj Vohra stuff like Hera Pheri series, Bhagam Bhag, Garam Masala and Dutt-Govinda-Dhawan films Jodi No 1 and Ek Aur Ek Gyarah.

Good Old days, I miss those days, they were Best Days of my life. 

I still watch those films, Most of them I still own my Old DVD copies.  I watched Chu Chup Ke last weekend, And I'm planning to watch Dewana Huye Pagal this weekend. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Content with more finesse which is also more realistic and sophisticated compared to the massy ott type of content we used to have in the south. 

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FlyOnTheWall

Too much negativity around Bollywood, do tell what made you love Bollywood films in first place? 

What do you think is good different in Bollywood films that you love? 

I hesitate to use the term Bollywood, but... amazing dance sequences in which acting expressions are an indispensable element of the performance, completing the choreography in a perfect way. So Madhuri, and before her Meena, Vyjayanthimala, Madhubala, Padmini, Rekha, Mala Sinha. And you don't have performers like that anymore. Bollywood lost the only thing that made it special.

Edited by dedh - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: forza

Good Old days, I miss those days, they were Best Days of my life. 

I still watch those films, Most of them I still own my Old DVD copies.  I watched Chu Chup Ke last weekend, And I'm planning to watch Dewana Huye Pagal this weekend. 

Life was simple back then. There was no cable connection in my house for 2003-2006 since my family shifted. That meant we were stuck with Doordarshan and watching movies only on weekends apart from on DVD or going to theaters. You value things more when you have don't have many choices.

Thanks for reminding me of Deewane Huye Paagal. That and Awara Pagal Deewana were fun comedy films. Apart from comedies, Main Hoon Na was the first movie which made me get SRK's appeal. Really liked him in that film. 

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

First thing that made me fall in love with Bollywood was the music back when I was a kid.

Specifically 'Ghunghat ki aad se' with Aamir and Juhi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBw4H6Dx4vc

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

I like all the movies based in small towns of India since I have never seen them in person. This is why I love all the Rajkumar, Ayushman movies, also. They seem authentic.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The Happy Endings -especially the reunion in Afterlife. Which is why Titanic is a Bollywood film in disguise.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago