Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Nashathebest

This is too good!! Write a part 2 for sure! 

Thank you❤️

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Beta read by tournesol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PriRa TS-Your Handprints on My Soul

Your Touch Brought Forth an Incandescent Glow

Ram and Priya sat opposite each other at a corner table in Priya's café. Ram kept venting about his day back at his old job at the university while Priya sat there, listening to him. Ram had gone back to his university job, a month back. She watched as he gobbled up a whole cupcake and spoke at a rate of 250 words per minute, and burst into giggles.

Ram stopped telling a story about a senior professor looking down on him and raised his eyebrows.

Priya shook her head and wiped some icing off the corner of his lips.

Ram looked at his girlfriend, his blue eyes wide in shock. His heart was beating so loudly that he could hear it pounding in his ear. A small touch from Priya and his brain seemed to have frozen.

Priya looked at his expressions and pulled her hand away. Ram wanted to pull back her hands and hold them. They had been going out for four months, and their first intimate moment was a small kiss they shared outside her bakery. Ram blushed as he thought of the kiss and held held Priya’s hands.

“Mr. Kapoor, you can say no if you want, but there has been something on my mind,” Priya said as she glanced at their hands. Ram encouraged her to go ahead.

“I want to tell Pihu about us. She is my kid, my whole world, and every time I lie about us, I feel like I am betraying her.” Priya tucked her hair behind her ear. It was her tick. She would play with her hair when she was nervous.

“Anything you want, Pri. Honestly, even thinking that Pihu won’t accept me is scary, but I know what you mean. Had Shivi been here, and I had to hide about us from her, I wouldn’t be able to do it. But Pihu is your kid. She is perceptive, like you. I hope she is ok with us being together.” 

“Thank you. She will be glad that you are my prince charming.” Priya smiled. 

The bell at the bakery door jingled, and Pihu ran to her mother. She looked between the two and plopped herself on Ram’s lap. The two adults looked at each other, now hopeful. Before Pihu could speak, the door jingled again, and Krish walked in. Ram looked at Priya nervously, but Priya reassured him with her eyes.

“How was your day, Pihu?” Ram asked his ex-student, who seemed to be waiting for the question. The three adults watched in amusement as she animatedly recounted the whole day she spent with her father and stepmother. Then she stopped and eyed the empty plate before her.

“Mumma, I am hungry,” she whined and leaned on her mother's friend. like a limp doll. Priya giggled.

“Go wash while I prepare something for you.”

Pihu looked at her for a few seconds, considering if she should throw a tantrum, but Priya stood up, so she gave in to her mother’s order.

“Krish, would you like something?” asked Priya.

Krish shook his head, and the mother-daughter duo walked out.

Ram and Krish looked at each other and shared an awkward smile.

“Pihu told me you used to teach at her school?”

“It was a temporary job. I am an English professor at the university. But I needed a break, so I took it up.” Ram answered.

“Nice. So how did you and Priya meet? You two seem very close.”

“Priya and my cousin, Brinda, are friends.”

“Oh yes, Pihu told me about her setting up Priya with some guy,” Krish answered. Ram gaped, not knowing what to answer. He sighed in relief when Priya came in with two plates of sandwiches and milkshakes.

“I know you said you wanted nothing, but I know you enough to tell when you are lying.”

Krish shook his head and dug in. Pihu joined them, and Priya pulled a chair for herself. In the next few minutes, Ram and Pihu were happily bickering about who was the best Disney Princess.

Krish bid his farewell in an hour and left.

Ram sighed and looked at Priya. He nodded as if to say, “It’s showtime.”

“Pihu, can we talk?”

Pihu nodded, still slurping from the empty milkshake glass.

“Do you remember how you wanted me to find my Prince Charming?”

Pihu looked at her and pushed the glass away.

“Brinda Maasi had said it would be a great idea, remember?”

“And you had said you didn’t want any Prince!” she said with a frown almost identical to Priya’s. Ram slapped his hand over his mouth to stifle a chuckle.

“Yes, but I think I have found him.”

Pihu’s eyes lit up hearing that.

“Where is he? Is he coming on a horse? Does he have a castle? Will you become a princess? Will I get a dress? Will I get a unicorn?” Pihu asked her mother, her eyes wide with excitement. Priya got stumped and wondered which question to address first.

“Pihu, unicorns aren’t real. And no, Prince Charming neither has a horse nor a castle. But he will buy you a dress.” Ram answered.

“No, he will not!” Priya snapped, “Pihu has enough dresses.” 

But Ram tilted his head towards the kid, who was getting more confused as the conversation proceeded. So Priya closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had never relied on a man to raise her daughter, so it was tough to accept that the two now had Ram in their life.

“How is he coming?” asked Pihu.

“He is here, Pihu.” Priya brushed aside a hair strand away from Pihu’s face. Pihu looked at Ram in confusion, and he waved at her. He then put his hand down, feeling like an idiot.

“But you aren’t a prince,” Pihu was confused.

“No. But I will try my best to become a Prince worthy of you and your mom.”

Pihu looked at him as if he had spoken Greek. She was a six-year-old who didn’t understand the adult notions of being worthy of someone.

“I think you are the best. I like you.” Pihu nodded.

Ram and Priya sighed in relief. They looked at each other with big smiles on their faces.

“So, does that mean you two are having a baby?” Pihu asked.

Before Priya could answer, Ram threw his head on the table in embarrassment at her daughter’s question. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Final part will be published if I get a good response. Drop down your thoughts. 

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

incase you are interested😳

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

The.cds thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

you must be kidding me🤭 …

I ❤️❤️❤️Ed It Shibu!  

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

The favorite part of this chapter for me are Pihu's questions for Prince Charming. The little kid imagined 'Prince Charming' to be an actual prince 😂

Beautifully written Shibz. Loved the progression in Ram and Priya's relationship ❤️

Edited by tournesol - 1 years ago
SEA05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Honey, how can you ask such a thing?) We are always waiting for your stories)

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This is so so beautiful Shibu ❤️

I just love how Ram is handling this complicated dynamics so maturely 

They r not yet married but he is still very secure , inspite of Krish not being completely chucked off from the picture.

Pihu is cho cute and innocent n her inquisitiveness about new prince charming. Awwiee .

I actually kinda feel very bad for kids who have to juggle between 2 families. It takes a lot of emotional maturity on the part of adults to make the kids feel secure 💔

MochaQueen thumbnail

Of course I am interested.

But you ended it at the wrong time...the last part was sho cute😭

Monaparekh12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome and fantastic update would love to read further continue soon