PriRa TS-Your Handprints on My Soul (Final Part on Page 8)

Posted: 1 years ago

PriRa TS-Your Handprints on My Soul

Don't Be Afraid, We'll Make it Out of This Mess

Ram couldn’t help but chuckle as the kids ran out of the classroom. He knew that even his overdramatized version of “Three Little Pigs” wasn’t enough to keep their attention on the lesson before the lunch break. He shook his head as he cleared the blackboard, when he noticed Pihu was still sitting back in the classroom.

“Pihu, are you ok?” He asked her out of concern. He liked the kid. She was always smiling, eager to learn, and fiercely protective of her classmates. It was a rare quality for a 6-year-old which reminded him so much of Shivina. 

Ram had joined as a temporary English teacher in a primary school. It was more of a healing process for a bereaving man. He had lost his younger sister to an accident, and his therapist, had advised him to take a break from his usual routine. So, he had given up on his high-paying university job and had taken up the post that was available at the school. The pay wasn’t great, but having the kids around helped him remember happy memories about Shivina and forget the haunting images of her accident. But returning to his empty house was still haunting, even a year after the accident.

"Yes, sir," Pihu smiled, but it was a fake one.

"Weren't you the one who had said that lying is wrong when we met on the first day?" Ram asked the kid. On the day they met, the two had ordered the last piece of cupcake at the school cafeteria and slipped into a playful banter about who should get it. Pihu had scolded him for lying about ordering the cupcake first.

Pihu sighed, her eyes reflecting sadness, and picked up her bag and left. A protective instinct made Ram follow her to the playground. He sighed in relief as he watched her join her friends and laugh at something one of the other kids had said.

_______

“Mr. Kapoor?” A sharp knock on the staffroom door made Ram look up. A woman in her late thirties stood at the doorframe, looking at him nervously.

Ram’s breath hitched. The woman was gorgeous. She was dressed in a red salwar kameez, her wavy shoulder-length hair framed her face perfectly.

“Yes?” He asked and looked away awkwardly.

“I am Pihu Sood’s mother,” she said as she entered, and Ram’s heart sank to his stomach. What was he even thinking, crushing on a woman looking like that? Obviously, she must be married. He wanted to facepalm, but instead, he smiled.

“How can I help you?” he asked.

“Pihu’s counselor said that you were concerned for her. I just wanted to know more.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Last week, Pihu was quieter than usual. She is a very talkative kid, and I don’t mean that in the wrong sense. But last week, I felt she was withdrawing, but she seems fine now. I was worried someone was bullying her, but her counselor assured me that was not the case. She did say it’s something personal for you and Pihu, so I didn’t overstep.”

Priya nodded.

“Yes, it had been a rough week for her, but I am trying to ensure that I don’t let it affect Pihu. Thank you for being concerned about her,” she said and turned to leave.

“If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.”

She looked at him, nodded, and left.

_______

Ram tapped on the wooden coffee table. He was on a date with Priya Sood, Brinda’s friend. His therapist had suggested that he meet new people, and his darling cousin Brinda had twisted her words into “you should go on a date”. Ram looked outside the window. It was raining, and he couldn’t help but smile. He thought back to his conversation with Brinda. 

“Why should I meet this baker?”

“See, if the date goes great, you’ll have a lifetime supply of enough sugar to knock you out, and if it’s bad, ask her for free cupcakes for breaking your heart.”

“I am so sorry I am late,” said a familiar voice.

Ram looked up and Priya Sood looked back at him in surprise. Ram took a few seconds to admire how cute she looked in a yellow raincoat and raindrops trailing down her cheeks. He had goosebumps and his brain seemed to have shut down. He gaped at her, his mouth hanging open. Priya looked away, awkwardly.

“Hi,” Ram waved awkwardly at the woman.

“I can’t believe Brinda!” she said instead.

“I am sorry?” Ram couldn’t help but ask.

Priya blushed and shook her head. She sat opposite him, and the waiter came. She ordered a black tea, and Ram ordered another vanilla latte.

“I am sorry, but I thought you were married?” Ram asked in confusion. He didn’t mind being on a date with the woman he hadn’t stopped thinking about for the last two weeks, but her being married was still a bummer.

“Divorcee,” she said, “unless that’s an issue for you.”

“Of course not!” Ram replied.

“My husband, Krish, and I had Pihu two years into our marriage, but soon love fizzled out, and we were in a loveless marriage. For the sake of Pihu and our sanity, we got a divorce when Pihu was four years old. Three weeks ago, she attended Krish’s second engagement, where she heard people say stuff about me, which she didn’t take well.”

“I am so sorry. I hope Pihu is doing ok now.”

“Yeah. Apparently, to make her happy, I should find a Prince Charming for myself, like her father found his Princess Charming.” Priya scoffed, but there was no malice in her voice.

“Let me guess. It must be Brinda’s idea to use her to manipulate you?”

Priya looked at him in surprise.

“I didn’t realize that!” she said.

“My cousin is evil,” Ram shrugged. “But I hope you are comfortable, and this isn’t forced on you,” he added quickly.

“I don’t believe in the societal norms of being married to be happy, but…” Priya paused and looked away as a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. She looked at Ram and continued, “But when I saw you two weeks ago, I felt I should open myself to dating opportunities. I told Brinda about you, and she roped in Pihu to convince me to go on a blind date. It turns out that my blind date is you.” 

“So you are saying that you liked me?” Ram's heart started beating so fast at her unconscious confession that he wondered if Priya could hear it. He ducked his head to hide his blushing cheeks.

Priya opened her mouth to reply and then closed it.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Mr. Kapoor. Plus, there are tons of men out there. It’s not like I am going on dates to find someone to marry me.” she said, with a smirk on her face.

“Well, let me assure you, Ms. Sood, that after tonight you won’t consider any of those men.” He said in a flirty tone, but a part of him wanted to die. Who was he kidding? The woman was gorgeous, and he was an idiot who had managed to let his cousin manipulate him. Plus, he still had a lot of baggage. He wasn’t sure where he stood on the whole dating and marriage thing.

“Cocky, aren’t we?” Priya asked. The waiter came with their orders.

“In all seriousness, Mr. Kapoor,  I know you are dealing with the loss of your sister. Brinda told me about Shivina's accident when it happened. Whatever happens with us, I want you to know that you always have a friend in me. Pihu loves you, and I know that she would hate seeing you hurt yourself. So, if you need a friend, I am here for you. I know how it feels to have lost someone.” She said and smiled. Ram choked up.

“Thank you,” He said softly.

“I don’t think I am completely ready to date. It’s not fair on my behalf to bring someone in my life while I am recovering. So I shouldn’t hold you back if you wish to see other people,” Ram answered, though his heart ached at the idea of her being with someone else.

“Mr. Kapoor, I don’t think you realize why I agreed to this date. I just don’t want to date for the sake of it. I want to date someone kind and caring, and Brinda had assured me that the guy she had picked was just that, so I decided to give this a try. But that doesn't mean that I expect anything from you.”

Ram looked at her. He knew in that second that he was in love. Maybe it was an exaggeration, or he was rushing his feelings, but he was in love.

“Maybe we could take it slow?” she offered.

“I’d like that.” he smiled.

The two finished their drinks in comfortable silence and then left the café after paying for their drinks.

After a long time, Ram felt happy. He knew that life would throw a lot of curveballs at him. But at this moment, he just wanted to run back and stop Priya, hold her hand, and watch her smile. Instead, he let the rainwater wash over him. It made him alive just like Priya’s smile had him feel alive after a year of dealing with pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2- Your Touch Brought forth an incandescent glow

Part 3-Can We Always Be This Close Forever and Ever?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title credits to Taylor Swift. Story beat read by tournesol.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago

Wohoaa , that's quiet refreshing and exciting !!

Would want to read more about Pihu and her Mr. Handsome's bond now that he moved out ...

RaYa crushing at the very first is cute 😍 

Priya is looking way too gorgeous nowadays 

Aww so cute and amazing  Meri Shibu . I loved everything about this one from Ram and Pihu start till we could take it slow part of their date ❤️. 

Of course I need the next part soon ,🥺🥺🥺🥺. Does the emoji work on you or is it only on me 😆. 

After they way the show ruined mostly everything. Reading AU of Ram and Priya were always too good. Add Pihu to the mix, I am too excited for the next part. 

Originally posted by vaidharbhi95

Wohoaa , that's quiet refreshing and exciting !!

Would want to read more about Pihu and her Mr. Handsome's bond now that he moved out ...

RaYa crushing at the very first is cute 😍 

Priya is looking way too gorgeous nowadays 

Uff! Disha looks hest her best post leap😍😍😍 Idk why, but I think if it was pre leap Ram, he would worship the floor Priya walked looking like that🙈🙈

Originally posted by BlurredLines

Aww so cute and amazing  Meri Shibu . I loved everything about this one from Ram and Pihu start till we could take it slow part of their date ❤️. 

Of course I need the next part soon ,🥺🥺🥺🥺. Does the emoji work on you or is it only on me 😆. 

After they way the show ruined mostly everything. Reading AU of Ram and Priya were always too good. Add Pihu to the mix, I am too excited for the next part. 

It works on me too Mandy😅 I tried to use canon stuff, but having not watch this toxic pile of crap, I had to write my own bits🤣

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

It works on me too Mandy😅 I tried to use canon stuff, but having not watch this toxic pile of crap, I had to write my own bits🤣

Okay then post next part soon,🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Loved it ❤️ A very fresh approach to RaYa. I loved how they met and how Brinda set them up for a date.

I am not sure if I would be enthusiastic to read how good a father Krish would be 😅 Rather I would love to see if Pihu accepts Ram into his life, from her teacher to her mother's possible significant other.

Masterpiece!!! And I love taylor swift❤️

Originally posted by LoveMyself_sri

This is too good. Loved it 

Glad it was worth your time🙈