Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

According to IF, everyone is overrated and horrible except for Alia and Ranbir 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Recently my niece did a report on her filmography for her project, she's studying films at NYU. The report had my inputs too 🤪. It was written keeping in mind how a petite brown girl with an unusual voice broke myths in a chauvinistic Bollywood with set beauty standards . Heck , if I was Rani’s PR , I could have made her milk so much out of all the barriers she has broken silently . She doesn’t even talk about it . If it was Tapsee or Kareena , they would have honked from the rooftops about their greatness and how they broke stereotypes.

The firangis were shocked to learn about her diverse filmography and the different kind of roles she has done, they especially loved Aiyyaa, Talaash and Black but raved about Dil Bole Hadippa(they did not know it’s a flop😜)and Hichki. They called her ‘magical’ and ‘unique’ . Same words , I have been using for her since eons . Honestly, I have never felt more validated and happy about any feedback for my own professional projects 😜

Interestingly , the Dil bole Hadippa song was recently played in a Ms Marvel episode too . 

So, this topic which is clearly created to garner attention could have been better worded 🤣Rani is the last actress to be blamed for being repetitive and acting the same in her movies even for the street chaps who like Nora Fatehi and Sunny Leone 😛 . In reality , some of her has been competitors have to be reborn again to compete with her excellence . Ofcourse, one can express their dislike for her out of jealousy and ludicrous analysis(laughable actually) like I have seen on this thread😅

But one thing I agree with the TM is the fact that Vidya B is overrated 😁 Vidya basically befriended all the major journalists of Bollywood who rave about her . She’s monotonous and gives the same expression in all her movies . Her body language is also the same . She doesn’t even experiment with her looks . Still , I see some people going Gaga over her . She was outright rejected as a commercial actress and did a string of flops after kahaani. No variety in genres , cannot dance 💃 . 

Edited by MrChatVsNorway - 1 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She’s irritating I didn’t like her but since she was in movies with others I liked I had to watch her lol 😂 

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

When almost all actors of her generation used to hamm n overact, rani was natural even at that time. She is underrated, not overrated at all. She can play most darpok to most fearless characters, comedy, romance, action, every genre she aced

atominis thumbnail

Rani has done versatile roles like Black, Mardaani, Yuva, Hey Ram, Saathiya etc.

How is she overrated? She is rightly rated.

She was never as madly hyped as Alia or that one trick pony Kajol. 

No actress even today can do what Rani did in Black. 

Lot of her work as docile wife in CCTC, Talaash, Paheli etc seems same but she has also done more versatile work without PR or shouting from rooftops about herself unlike Kangana types, Taapsees, Vidyas. 

Only her voice is her weakness. She succeeded despite that too. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
The_Best thumbnail

I prefer Vidya, Kangana and PC over Rani. 

The_Best thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

She’s irritating I didn’t like her but since she was in movies with others I liked I had to watch her lol 😂 

same 😂

High_On_Life thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

No she's not. Black, Yuva, Hum Tum, Sathiya, Bunty aur Babli, Veer Zaara and many more. Very versatile and talented. 

One of the last few actresses who could actually act.

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Definitely.. she sleep walks through her work. There is an actress named aditi rao, my god she is mind blowing. I learnt about her yesterday . Mind blown. Eyes too 

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

She is a good actor no doubt but i feel she is overrated, how her acting is praised to sky, sure a bit exaggerating