Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rani Mukerji: Is she overrated? - Page 3

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Topic ki 1st post nahi dekhi, I said it already.

And honestly, other from her part in Black, I think all of her roles are quite similar. 

That grieving mother from Talaash hoping to reconnect with her dead child and that teacher with Tourette Syndrome from Hichki are so similar to one another, hai na?

Edited by chingoobean - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: chingoobean

That grieving mother from Talaash hoping to reconnect with her dead child and that teacher with Tourette Syndrome from Hichki are so similar to one another, hai na?

Triangle Love Stories

- KKHH

- Kahin Pyar na ho jaye

- CCCC

- HDJPK

Married Couple

- Saathiya

- Chalte Chalte

Suffering from specific disorder

- Black

- Hichki

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Nope. She is a very versatile actress. And her talent continues to be showcased in films like Mardaani, Hichki, etc,. I am prejudiced towards her especially for her lovely eyes and unusual voice❤️

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I like Rani more than the likes of Tabu and Vidya Balan. She is an all-rounder and there is a movie of hers for every mood. Funny, gritty, sappy, you could watch whatever you feel like and she will be great in that genre. All her recent movies too have been amazing, be it the Mardaani series or Hichki. People can make fun of Aiyaa all they want but those moves in Aga bai we're freaking smooth and sexy, plus she introduced me to the hotness of Prithviraj, so that is also there. 😛

However, I agree with you about Vidya being overrated. She was really good in a few films but she got very very annoying in so many films later on. 

Edited by TheekThaak - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: TheekThaak

I like Rani more than the likes of Tabu and Vidya Balan. She is an all-rounder and there is a movie of hers for every mood. Funny, gritty, sappy, you could watch whatever you feel like and she will be great in that genre. All her recent movies too have been amazing, be it the Mardaani series or Hichki. People can make fun of Aiyaa all they want but those moves in Aga bai we're freaking smooth and sexy, plus she introduced me to the hotness of Prithviraj, so that is also there. 😛

However, I agree with you about Vidya being overrated. She was really good in a few films but she got very very annoying in so many films later on. 

yes, she is underrated, she can do most of the roles which other good actors can do like tabu and vidya but also fit into a chopra, slb film. 

she can dance, do comedy, can only think of sridevi, rekha among a few others who could do all.

aiyaa was a good movie, it was hilarious, ahead of its time, would have been a hit now

also rani has rarely done movies where she is a prop and has also evolved well at every stage of  her career.

don't think any actress in recent times has such a varied filmography as hers

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yep I feel like she tries too hard all the time …. It’s not effortless …her performances are very surface level  and lack depth imo…there’s no layers or nuance

She’s either the sad one, the funny one, the manly one or the sexy one in some songs (This is super cringe btw) 

Like when she plays her role in Jessica/ mardaani all that aggression she put on was so artificial…swearing 500 times is not equal to “fearless reporter”….

Same with all the “funny” stuff she did in aiyaa or bunty babli…speaking loudly or widening ur eyes is not equal to funny …

And even when she dances ….the sex appeal is very artificially put on…not a natural confidence 

Her role in kank is the best example of a layered role (stuck in a marriage with someone she tries to love but can’t, sexually frustrates , cheats on her husband , lies, still feels empathy for her husband , struggles with guilt) 

Except she plays it as a one note bechari Bollywood heroine dancing in sarees, who is happy to be reunited with her lover in the end 😑

…compare this to tabu in astitva who literally portrays every layer of guilt, frustration, curiosity, empowerment etc… heck even deepika did a better job in gehraaiyan with a similar cheating woman role 

Even srk who is in the same film playing a similar role was wayyy more nuanced in how he portrayed the role…u could clearly see his frustration with his current life, passion with his new illegitimate relationship, guilt , anger and jealousy whenever he sees abhi and rani…

Rani literally just has 1 note-1 word performances 

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Triangle Love Stories

- KKHH

- Kahin Pyar na ho jaye

- CCCC

- HDJPK

Married Couple

- Saathiya

- Chalte Chalte

Suffering from specific disorder

- Black

- Hichki

Only this much of variety bollywood can think of for female characters...

Aiyya was different role for her...but it flopped .To me Rani is neither overrated or underrated for sure.

Her films do have repeat value where she played same roles wheres as i watched black once!

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

According to IF, everyone is overrated and horrible except for Alia and Ranbir 

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

74DB7B87-0BD1-486D-A6B0-628014C4FC2E.jpeg

LMAO 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

According to IF, everyone is overrated and horrible except for Alia and Ranbir 

there is literally a thread everyday to yell at their privilidged lives and they having it easy/them not being gr8…but sure 😎