Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

I want to know if Akshay was a terrible choice, why he was casted in first place by YRF and Chandraprakash Dwivedi? These two are equally responsible for producing such a badly produced movie.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

He didn’t even grow a real mustache? Which means 40 days mein acting toh chodo, ek baal bhi nahi ugh paya- quite literally! 😆

Edited by catchmeifucan - 1 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

It would not be right just to put the blame on one person

it was really badly promoted 

Chikni_Khargosh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Toh liya hi kyon isko

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I do not dislike AK and in fact enjoy some of his sarcastic roles, but the churning out of film after film (he must be out to brake a record) at the rate of one every other month and putting out 3, 4 or 5 every year..has burned people out, they are suffering from metal fatigue...yeah like in an over used B737.   People like variety and there is no urgency to run and see his latest movie because if you miss it...next moth he has...whatever coming out.  Show biz is a strange biz but like in anything there has to be some balance.  If you are seen 1 time every 10 years the public really has no conect with the personality and the movies have to have great content because that is what they are going to see, it will not be a "fan driven" popular even, on the other hand if you are seen 10 times in 1 year then the "fans" are driven to burn out... There is truth to quality over quantity. This is just my PO, because it is an unpredictable industry.                                                                                 P.S. Also I think people are a little tired of these bio-realistic, preachy, patriotic movies that pitch characters highly enhanced for the screen.  At a time when people are struggling after the pandemic and the lock downs that changed the world, maybe they are looking for plain good entertainment or they simply wait it out at home, cause eventually everything ends up on OTT anyway...and they are paying for a service anyhow, in the confort of their home where they can make their own pop-corn and actually turn it off a bad boring movie or speed watch it, since the monthly fee won't change if you watch 1 movie or binge on 100.  Film makers need to pay attention.  (South is going to continue to have a bigger turnout for a bit more-due to mass ratio and life style...but it will catch up to them too).

Minionite thumbnail

Both YRF and Akshay Kumar are equally to blame.

YRF is dumb to think that Akshay would have been a good fit for the role of Prithviraj. The man died at like 26 or 27. Akshay cannot look that age no matter how much VFX you do. YRF should have cast better for the role. Heck they could have introduced another newcomer like Ranveer Singh or used one of the multitude of starkids and probably had a better fit!

Akshay Kumar is to blame because he did this movie the same way as all his other movies. One month of shooting and done. He didn't even try to get into the role or understand Prithviraj. And honestly, the audience is tired of Akshay Kumar. Heck I haven't seen a movie of his since Rustom, except Sooryavanshi, and I usually like his deshbhakti movies. He needs to take a break and understand what audiences want from him.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Adi Chopra and the director are right in a sense that Akshay showed no passion or dedication to this role. I don’t know if there’s a story behind him not growing a mustache but if there is sounds like he was perhaps being argumentative with the director too. But this is pure speculation on my part. However, Adi and the director didn’t do themselves or the history of Prithviraj any favors by hiring Akshay for the role. For one thing he’s too old for the part. For another, it’s a known fact that he shoots several movies a year and therefor cannot dedicate a lot of time to any of them. But they didn’t care. They liked the fact that his patriotic themed movies were becoming hits. They probably expected the combination of Akshay Kumar and YRF’s money in a patriotic movie to be easy money. The idea blew up in their faces and now everyone seems mad at everyone else. I’m wondering who’s Akshay gonna blame?  

PranPriye thumbnail

Everyone knows that AK does nearly 3 - 4 movies a year & gives a limited time for shooting. So how did YRF not know that when they casted him? When he committed 40 - 42 days for the shoot, what did YRF expect? This just looks like sour grapes to me since Raksha Bandhan trailer is getting good response. AK can be blamed for his acting, that's fair. That he went in PR overdrive for this film cannot be ignored. YRF promotion was too low key considering the budget of the movie. What about the classic YRF music? This movie didn't have a single memorable song. That 'Loosely tied Hands' meme - was only AK responsible for that? Were the director & editor sleeping that time? Frankly, YRF needs to do some introspection - Thugs, Bunty Aur Babli 2, Jayesh and Prithviraj - too many flops for a PH.

All in all, it is wrong to shift the entire responsiblity on AK.

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

YRF has done bad casting so they should be blamed. 

Akkie is not known for putting strength in character n should not be casted for historic characters. He was an absolute misfit considering his age too. Jodi was horrible.

They could hav casted Ranveer, Siddharth, Hrithik or someone from om South too.