Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: LuvAlways

They start with HM only

Thats what i am saying, in OTT they have SR n HM n all 1st and marriage bhi nahi hoti😆 modern world

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Avyakta

Very good topic, Madhu. 

Because of such illogical depiction of marriages in the serials, viewers are shifting from ITV to OTT and other foreign shows. 

Absolutely agree with u.

I have left watching ITV shows long back.

I m now a OTT lover. 

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5

On top of all , they will use dialogues like shaadi koi bacchon kaa khel nhin hai but actually they depict it as bacchon kaa khel only😕

Anurag Basu still holds the record of doing 4 marriages all with different ladies, consummated marriage with all of them , though claiming he loved only one of them and so rest 3  tried to kill him

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

Thats what i am saying, in OTT they have SR n HM n all 1st and marriage bhi nahi hoti😆 modern world

OTTs have fixed budget. The best way of cost cutting is to exclude the marriage because viewers are more interested in watching HM than marriage 

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Marriage Is Made Of Fun In Indian Tv Serials. 

Its A Big Joke Showing Kidnappings And Forceful Marriages...

😠

WildestDreams thumbnail

I happened to see the latest precap of the show Parineeti on Colors.

More than 100 episode happened and still the two supposed best friends  don’t know that they are in love with the same man! 😳😳 Parineet is married with him and her bestfriend Neeti has never seen the face of  her hubby! And of course, Parineet has never seen the face of her Neeti’s fiance! 

Like WTH!🤪🤪 And Neeti and the hubby are supposed to take pheres in upcoming episodes! If this isn’t mocking the sacred of wedding…

Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

Very good topic Madhu di👏 

ITV esp ekta kapoor shows mein marriage is like a game seriously. I wish they show some realistic when its abt marriage in ITV. Marriage is one of the purest ritiual and they made a mockery of it in ITV. 

Agree with you, Soni. ❤️ 

Indian TV Shows were obsessed with a dramatic shaadi plot twist!  

The makers will use any excuse to get someone married, and then ideally have them killed to break the monotony before they show another wedding!! 

Here, we make a list of the most interesting weddings on Indian television. Be warned, there are 3/4 on average in every series!! 

I was a teenager when this serial was telecasted, I never saw so many people living in one house with full makeup on all the time, even while sleeping!!! 

In Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi serial, Tulsi is all set to marry for a 2nd time, but her 1st husband Mihir, who was supposedly dead, makes a grand entry at her second wedding. 

Okay, so those of you who are too young to remember,  Mihir who dies but doesn't really die if you know what I mean. He does lose his memory though and hence, has no way of getting back to his family. Now Tusli, his wife, doesn't know about all this, so she is getting married to someone else. That is when Mihir makes a grand entry, and guess what happens? Red gulaal falls on his face!!!! 

kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi shaadi scene

Ekta Kapoor gained prominence through her 3/4 jhalak on leads' faces from different angles, in a way she was the trend setter !! 

Kasautii Zindagii Kay is another serial, when the show was first made in 2001, it had 4 marriages and 1 divorce because legal moralism wasn't a thing back then on Indian TV. 

Anurag marries Komolika. Anurag divorces Komolika.
Rishabh Bajaj marries Prerna. He doesn't divorce his ex-wife.
Then Prerna and Anurag marry each other. But how will Prerna divorce Bajaj if their marriage only was illegal? 

Oh, Anurag marries someone named Aparna also in the middle. Marrying is a nice hobby for many serial characters!  

In Sasural Simar Ka, in this twisted tale of sisterhood, Simar, a dancer, gets a chance to participate in an event, but on the day of her wedding. So her younger sister covers for her by going above and beyond her duties as a sibling. She marries Simar's fiance because that's a perfectly normal thing to do. And for some reason, initially, no one finds out about this.  

Balika Vadhu is another serial, which started   as a good social commentary show, became a series of shaadis. Jagdish and Anandi are married off as children, but when Jagdish grows up and moves to another city, he falls for his colleague.

He marries her under the impression that his marriage to Anandi was illegal. But the couple has fights and they take a divorce. Meanwhile, Anandi also marries a guy named Shiv and Jagdish tries to create a rift between the two but fails. So he marries someone else. 

These are only a few examples. 

Agree with your opinion Soni  --Marriage is one of the purest ritual, and they made a mockery of it in ITV. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Awaay thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Making shows that are meaningful, require a certain level of logic and unbiased, is a pretty risky business when the majority of the Indian audience is ...preferring to see same old saas-- bahu stories. 

The makers telecast the show 5 days a week. So they stretch the episodes to fill up the total of 150 min screen time (5 episodes x 30 mins)with unnecessary drama, closeup of character’s reaction, loud background music and other dramatic effects! The content will be nill, and the audience left there in utter confusion after every episode!!! 

Agreed. But Saas-Bahu can be presented in a better way too. Or in a different comical manner. 

I recall many years back there was this show 'Tu tu mein mein' with Supriya P and Reema Lagu....of course it wasn't daily soap. But then when will come out of this daily soap business. Why does every show either has to be a daily soap or a reality show? Sitcoms are non-existent.

I digressed...we are discussing marriages in ITV shows...😊

Nichuss thumbnail
Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Aval Oru Thodar Kathai, [Tamil]  Antuleni Katha [Telugu] are the best examples. 

many

Ranjani, Kayal,(tamil and its remakes)