Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Avyakta

Very good topic, Madhu. 

Because of such illogical depiction of marriages in the serials, viewers are shifting from ITV to OTT and other foreign shows. 

Yeah in OTT they skip the marriage part itself 

SlatePencil thumbnail
Originally posted by: Viswasruti

In most of the serials, forced marriages are the new norm, to garner TRPs, it is an easy way! 

The drama starts with engagement, there will be a few twists and turns, the villain and the vamp will try their best to spoil the ceremonious occasion either with fire or vanishing the bride! 

If at all that hurdle was crossed, then the mehandi... and other pre-wedding occasions are there to spread the negativity between the bride and groom or between the two families who are going to enter in to naya... naya rishta! That will take place for 20/30 episodes! 

At last, marriage day comes... with pomp and show it starts well... but there is every possibility that either bride or the groom will be kidnapped and there will be misunderstandings, suspicion, a long-lasting harassment for the viewers!! 🤪 

OK... good ... marriage is over! But they never lived happily ever after!!! 

SR is the ultimate torment for the viewer! We have to wait for a few hundred episodes for it to happen, and in the meantime, every viewer chooses to take sanyas from viewing that serial! This is the real picture of the serial marriage on ITV

If two people get engaged in ITV, in 90 percent cases they don't get married at first attempt 

SlatePencil thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sonatia

ITV needs to introduce real plot in their serials and not drag it like elastic to 500000000 episodes.

They need to revamp and do better. 

It's high time. 

They need to chill out with the MIL and DIL conflict.

They need to chill out with forced , fake , revenge marriage and thousands of problematic versions of that.

They need to chill out with baby swap tracks (It's so overused)

They need to stop with Kids acting like adult in the serials and adults acting like baby. (I mean literally)

They need to make the male lead stop throwing phones and pinning female leads against the wall.

They should bring some newness. They should stop being regressive. 

If all these are removed from the show then they with be left only with montage and closing credits

SlatePencil thumbnail
Originally posted by: BlurredLines

My biggest pet peeve is exactly this emotional manipulation to get married by parents. But if I could look past that what I can never forgive is how quickly the kids forgive their parents for getting them married like that. It would typically go like this 

FL Mother : You have to get married to this stranger. For our family respect yada yada yada. 

FL : No I don't want to get married. 

FL Mother : I beg you , let me cry some more and fall on your feet. 

FL : Okay I will get married. 

Two seconds later. 

Cue happy and sad Bg music, FL and her mother hugging and crying during marriage and having happy memories 🤣. 

If the FL doesn't do this, she is not sanskari 

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuvAlways

Yeah in OTT they skip the marriage part itself 

And straight to HM?🤣 just kidding

WildestDreams thumbnail

Marriage track is the most used and abused of ITV!😳

SoniRita thumbnail

Very good topic Madhu di👏 

ITV esp ekta kapoor shows mein marriage is like a game seriously. I wish they show some realistic when its abt marriage in ITV. Marriage is one of the purest ritiual and they made a mockery of it in ITV. 

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 1 years ago
WildestDreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

And straight to HM?🤣 just kidding

Of course, for waaris aka ghar ka chirag’s plotline🤣

SoniRita thumbnail
Originally posted by: WildestDreams

Of course, for waaris aka ghar ka chirag’s plotline🤣

🤣🤣 and it has to be a boy nahi toh bhuchaal aajayega🤦‍♀️ harsh reality

SlatePencil thumbnail